Catamaran Cruise to the Pitons in St. Lucia

fedexpackage

Linda, My wife and I did a shore excursion to the Pitons a few years ago, we traveled by bus to the Pitons and a sailed a cat on the trip back to port. Our trip was in Feb. and the seas were very calm, on the way back they pulled into a bay for a short swim. The rum punch was flowing the entire trip back and we really enjoyrd the experience.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Did you book your excursion on the ship or is an independent excursion? If independent, can you give me the website or email address?

We will be on the Emerald Princess in January. We did Herod's tour April '06 and the best part of the tour was Jalousie Beach. Since I've seen the island, I want to find a day sail tour on a yacht or catamaran that hopefully would stop at Jalousie beach for a while...

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how many different catamarans there are running this tour, but last Feb we took a cruise off a Celebrity ship called "Coastal Cruise to the Pitons". The Catamaran was old, dirty, and in terrible shape - for example the "netting" over the front where on nice catamarans you can lay down was just rotted ropes that looked liked they'd break if you stepped on them. It was full of grouchy people, and a little over crowded.

I love nice catamaran sailing rides and this was not one of them. Although I must admit the weather and conditions made the trip even less enjoyable that it might otherwise have been.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't know how many different catamarans there are running this tour, but last Feb we took a cruise off a Celebrity ship called "Coastal Cruise to the Pitons". The Catamaran was old, dirty, and in terrible shape - for example the "netting" over the front where on nice catamarans you can lay down was just rotted ropes that looked liked they'd break if you stepped on them. It was full of grouchy people, and a little over crowded.

I love nice catamaran sailing rides and this was not one of them. Although I must admit the weather and conditions made the trip even less enjoyable that it might otherwise have been.

We were signed up for this excursion with Celebrity over New Years on the Constellation....they cancelled it at the last minute...said the catamaran was broken. We did the Ziplines instead in the rainforest

My wife and I had a tour booked with Jungle tours to see the island, it would have cost $90.00per person. We got off the ship and waited around for the tour guide with no luck. Some of the other tour operaters were nice enough to try and contact Jungle Tours. After about a half hour we finally got through only to be told that the owner/guide was sick and not coming. At first we were very disapointed, but we deceided to go with the tour operator that helped us out. What luck!!! The tour was $50.00 we were loaded onto a small boat that took us and 8 other people along the shore to the Pitons. The captain and first mate pointed out sights along the way, like the oil storage facility, A beautiful bay where Dr. DoLittle was filmed, and a local fishing village. You get a great view of the Pitons, although you never really get that close to them. After taking in the Pitons you dock nearby where there is a van waiting to take you into the drive-in Volcano which is very cool, they also take you to a really nice waterfall. Form there you go back to the boats and up the coast a little more where you get out at a resort where you can lay on the beach (chairs $5.00) or you can do some great snorkeling( part of the tour). I can't recomend this tour enough, we had such a great time at such a great price!!! Once you exit the ship there will be two or three men holding up laminated signs for the tour, in the main termional area.:D

I have been searching every web sight - and everyone is booked - there is endless summer - and seaspray.... if you google - you may find them..... let me know what you find out.... I am stuck,a s well.... we wanted to do private - but rates were coming in at 1300 - 1500.00.... to much for 7 of us.....

so we are thinking we want to do a group tour - but that scares me too.....

let us know what you find..... :D

I have been searching every web sight - and everyone is booked - there is endless summer - and seaspray.... if you google - you may find them..... let me know what you find out.... I am stuck,a s well.... we wanted to do private - but rates were coming in at 1300 - 1500.00.... to much for 7 of us.....

so we are thinking we want to do a group tour - but that scares me too.....

let us know what you find..... :D

Tracey,

Did you try mysticmantours? Here is the email I recieved from then last week.

Hi,

Presently, this is the tour that we offer to cruise ship passengers.

We can pick up from the dock after your ship docks, and head over to Soufriere.

You can snorkel at the foot of the Pitons, Jalousie Beach and Anse Chastanet (black sand beach). On your way up, there is a stop at Anse Cochon for snorkeling before circling through Marigot Bay. You can choose to have lunch at Jalousie or a local dish in the town of Soufriere.

For the group 1 to 7 persons US$65.00 per person (minimum

6 persons or US$390)

Group of 8 to 11 US$50.00 per person

Group of 12 US$45.00 per person

For your group of 16 we can do US$40 per person.

For 8 or more persons we will include a cooler of drinks.

Tour should return to your boat about 6 hours after pickup.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Regards,

Caroline Aimable

Hope this helps. I emailed them back to see if they had anyone that was interested because there are only 2 of us. But I havn't heard back from then yet.

• 1 year later...

quote=TravelToLive;12981806]My wife and I had a tour booked with Jungle tours to see the island, it would have cost $90.00per person. We got off the ship and waited around for the tour guide with no luck. Some of the other tour operaters were nice enough to try and contact Jungle Tours. After about a half hour we finally got through only to be told that the owner/guide was sick and not coming. At first we were very disapointed, but we deceided to go with the tour operator that helped us out. What luck!!! The tour was $50.00 we were loaded onto a small boat that took us and 8 other people along the shore to the Pitons. The captain and first mate pointed out sights along the way, like the oil storage facility, A beautiful bay where Dr. DoLittle was filmed, and a local fishing village. You get a great view of the Pitons, although you never really get that close to them. After taking in the Pitons you dock nearby where there is a van waiting to take you into the drive-in Volcano which is very cool, they also take you to a really nice waterfall. Form there you go back to the boats and up the coast a little more where you get out at a resort where you can lay on the beach (chairs $5.00) or you can do some great snorkeling( part of the tour). I can't recomend this tour enough, we had such a great time at such a great price!!! Once you exit the ship there will be two or three men holding up laminated signs for the tour, in the main termional area.:D

Do you remember the name of this tour operator? I don't suppose they have a web site or anything? It sounds just what I'm looking for.

Carolyn

quote=TravelToLive;12981806]My wife and I had a tour booked with Jungle tours to see the island, it would have cost $90.00per person. We got off the ship and waited around for the tour guide with no luck. Some of the other tour operaters were nice enough to try and contact Jungle Tours. After about a half hour we finally got through only to be told that the owner/guide was sick and not coming. At first we were very disapointed, but we deceided to go with the tour operator that helped us out. What luck!!! The tour was $50.00 we were loaded onto a small boat that took us and 8 other people along the shore to the Pitons. The captain and first mate pointed out sights along the way, like the oil storage facility, A beautiful bay where Dr. DoLittle was filmed, and a local fishing village. You get a great view of the Pitons, although you never really get that close to them. After taking in the Pitons you dock nearby where there is a van waiting to take you into the drive-in Volcano which is very cool, they also take you to a really nice waterfall. Form there you go back to the boats and up the coast a little more where you get out at a resort where you can lay on the beach (chairs $5.00) or you can do some great snorkeling( part of the tour). I can't recomend this tour enough, we had such a great time at such a great price!!! Once you exit the ship there will be two or three men holding up laminated signs for the tour, in the main termional area.:D

Do you remember the name of this tour operator? I don't suppose they have a web site or anything? It sounds just what I'm looking for.

Carolyn

I believe it is Junior. from Synergy. I emailed him yesterday someone at our Emerald Princess Roll Call is on this tour and it is $50. His email is synergycharter@hotmail.com

I have not yet received a response but am hopeful to hear from him by tomorrow. Hope this helps. You can search on this board for Junior at synergy and someone has a detailed description of this tour and may be there was another email address as well.

On our very first southern caribbean cruise, we took an RCCL all day catamaran sail, to the Pitons. This was in February; the ocean was calm. The catamaran sailed fairly close to the St. Lucia shore line.

IMO, this is the best way to explore St. Lucia, and its famous Pitons, on your first visit. The catamaran sail was very relaxing, and the crew was very attentive. There were areas to get either sun or shade, if you preferred. The view of the Pitons, from this ocean approach, is breathtaking! It is one of the most lush, tropical islands, in the southern caribbean. Reminds me the most of Hawaii.

Our catamaran excursion included: a van transport to the sulphur springs/area, botanical gardens,etc. When we returned to the docked catamaran, we were served a great lunch, aboard it.

In the all day excursion, you got: a relaxing sail, beautiful sightseeing, great lunch/beverages, and a wonderful glimpse of St. Lucia!

** On a return visit, we hired a local guide, for a private trip into the rain forest. A visit to two secluded waterfalls, where we swam! Transportation was by a 4WD jeep, the only means of reaching these locations. It was a true "adventure", with "hairpin turns/curves, along the winding "roads".

There is no ship sponsored excursion, that provides such an experience.

• 4 weeks later...

We did a catamaran cruise to the Pitons, then got on cramped buses in Soufriere to the drive in Volcano and Botanical garden. We then had lunch at a restaurant high in the mountains. We took the cat back and snorkeled at Anse Cochon. It was with Barefoot Holidays, the catamaran was called Carnival and was packed with drunk people from Sandals resort. It was an awful experience, it cost $100 and was not a pleasant experience. The day before we were in Barbados and took a Cat tour with Silver Moon Charters with only 12 onboard, so it was hard to endure the cattle boat experience. If you like being crammed on a boat with a bunch of drunks on a booze cruise, you'll like it. If you'd rather be comfortable and relaxed, I'd avoid it at all costs. We booked it through Viator tours.

Archived