Flights out of MIA

kenholt

Depends on where you are flying ...domestic, international

How many ships in port, how soon the ship is cleared

Others will disagree but I would not before noon ...1pm is better

You may make an earlier flight or maybe not

Definitely not sooner than 11:30-12. Could it be done? Yes. Are chances greater that you miss the flight due to delays at the port? YES. Remember MIA isn't some small time airport.

Flights are less costly for earlier departures from port cities for a reason. DOn't be tempted unless you are a gambler.;)

• 4 weeks later...

Delta switched our flight from 1:45 to 12:00 and I'm very worried and there are no other nonstop flights out later that day. I booked the flight months ago to be sure to get a nonstop flight - our last flight had a plane change in Atlanta which was diastorous and I swore I would never take anything but a nonstop flight again. If it was my choice I would not book a flight leaving before 1-2 pm even though Carnival advises booking flights after 11:30..

Delta switched our flight from 1:45 to 12:00 and I'm very worried and there are no other nonstop flights out later that day. I booked the flight months ago to be sure to get a nonstop flight - our last flight had a plane change in Atlanta which was diastorous and I swore I would never take anything but a nonstop flight again. If it was my choice I would not book a flight leaving before 1-2 pm even though Carnival advises booking flights after 11:30..

Noon should be fine - our last cruise out of Miami they were pushing the last stragglers to leave the ship by 9:00 and it is only a 15 or so minute cab ride from POM to MIA. Good luck! :)

Noon should be fine - our last cruise out of Miami they were pushing the last stragglers to leave the ship by 9:00 and it is only a 15 or so minute cab ride from POM to MIA. Good luck! :)

That's good to hear and I'm sure we'll be fine but still a little worried - we do have travel insurance that will cover us in the end if worst comes to worst and we do miss the flight :o

Archived