Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > Disabled Cruise Travel

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Disabled Cruise Travel Cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences.
Cruise Critic Disabled Cruise Resources

Old February 24th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Warnermunde on a scooter

I will be visiting Warmermunde Germany and it seems that to get from the dock into the town you have to go through an underpass which has steps, is there another way for scooter or wheelchair users?

Ad Sponsored By
Old February 24th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Cool Cruiser

There is a railroad crossing about 1/3 mile south of the terminal. Turn right after crossing the tracks and follow them to go to the little village on the peninsula. Going this way adds about 1/3 mile more in distance over going through the tunnel.

Old February 24th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks that very helpful

Old February 25th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde3 View Post
There is a railroad crossing about 1/3 mile south of the terminal. Turn right after crossing the tracks and follow them to go to the little village on the peninsula. Going this way adds about 1/3 mile more in distance over going through the tunnel.
Thank you Clyde I was interested in this as my wife is a transit w/c user and we also visit Warnemunde this year.

I had a look at the satellite image on google maps and can see the rail crossing, can you confirm that there is a pedestrian path all the way along, please.

Scooter girl, you might find find this link useful, it shows accessability at Warnemunde cruise port, and the route suggested by Clyde is their recommended w/c route.

http://www.rostock-port.de/en/rostoc...tterminal.html

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the observance of fools. (Douglas Bader 1910-1982)

Previous Cruises
March 92 - Carnival's Carnivale - Bahamas . October 97 - Thomson's Emerald, Med. Nov 2000 - Superstar Gemini, Straits of Malacca. Jan 2004 - Coral Princess - Panama-Carib. June 2005 - Island Princess - Alaska. Jan 2006 - P&O Arcadia - East/southern Carib. Feb 2007 - Celebrity Millenium - Eastern Carib. June 2007 - Tahitian Princess - Honolulu to Papeete. Feb 2008 - Sapphire Princess - Sydney to Auckland. Sept 2008 Emerald Princess - Mediterranean. March 2009 - Coral Princess - Panama Canal. Feb 2010 Celebrity Solstice - Eastern Caribbean . Aug 2011 P&O Azura- Canaries. June 2012 P&O Ventura Iceland & Fjords. Sept 2012 Celebrity Eclipse - Western Med; Apr 2013 P&O Azura Western Med. June 2013 Celebrity Eclipse - Baltic. Oct 2013 P&O Azura - Central Med. May 2014 Emerald Princess N. Spain & France.
Future cruises,
Sept. 2014 Celebrity Eclipse - Canaries & Azores.
Apr. - 2015 P&O Britannia - W. Med (Pre-reg)
June - 2015Celebrity Eclipse - Iceland & Fjords
Sept - 2015 Celebrity Eclipse - Canaries & Azores.
Jan - 2016 P&O Ventura - No Fly Caribbean. (pre-reg)

Followed by-

Old February 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Cool Cruiser

I'm not sure if you follow the railroad tracks if the sidewalk goes the whole way. After crossing the tracks I crossed the street turned right and went to the second street which is Am Strom. Turned left there which took me into the main part of town.