Pre Cruise Diet!!!

newparents

So its about 4 weeks until Freedom, pre cruise diet will be fully underway as of the morning.

Do any of you do any pre cruise diets??

This means I can wear my pretty dresses on 1st week and on 2nd week I will wear more floaty dresses lol.

So pre cruise diets folks yes or no??

So its about 4 weeks until Freedom, pre cruise diet will be fully underway as of the morning.

Do any of you do any pre cruise diets??

This means I can wear my pretty dresses on 1st week and on 2nd week I will wear more floaty dresses lol.

So pre cruise diets folks yes or no??

Believe it or not, there is a forum here on Cruise Critic for this topic:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149

There's usually a strict post-cruise diet in my house! :)

I do try to eat a little healthier pre-cruise, because I know that I'm going to go nuts while I'm on vacation. I'll eat more veggies, whole grains and avoid alcohol, because... well... once I'm on the ship, I don't second guess dessert or a fruity drink. It's vacation, after all.

(That said, I also try to take the stairs on the ship instead of the elevator and use the exercise that comes with having an aft cabin to justify that dessert) hehehehe

There's usually a strict post-cruise diet in my house! :)

I do try to eat a little healthier pre-cruise, because I know that I'm going to go nuts while I'm on vacation. I'll eat more veggies, whole grains and avoid alcohol, because... well... once I'm on the ship, I don't second guess dessert or a fruity drink. It's vacation, after all.

(That said, I also try to take the stairs on the ship instead of the elevator and use the exercise that comes with having an aft cabin to justify that dessert) hehehehe

That is my pre-cruise plan as well

Losing weight with the intention of gaining some of it back is a BAD idea.....you will gain it FAST....and the next time you try to lose it, it will NOT come off so easily. Eat sensibly every day, and don't "pre-diet"....not a healthy thing to do.

Yep! I've lost about 70 pounds over the last year. Still have a bit to go to fit into all the new clothes I bought for our cruise! If I don't stick to my diet I'll have nothing to wear!

Congratulations! That is a real accomplishment. Good luck on your last few pounds.

Another pre-cruise dieter here! I think it helps me feel better about (justify) that late night slice of pizza or frozen drink. By the time the cruise comes along, I really look forward to any indulgence because I've been good for so long.

I am very careful about what I eat for the two weeks leading up to a cruise....... not exactly dieting, but definitely making really good choices. I also second the PP about taking the stairs EVERYWHERE, getting an aft cabin, and I start each morning eith srveral laps on deck.

By the end of the cruise I am usually onlly a pound above average this way. And I get to enjoy my desserts each night!

I always try to keep the weight down and it always wants to go up.

In all of our cruising, our dining requirements have gone down.

Once upon a time there were midnight buffets every night and we didn't skip any of them! We also attended every meal in in the MDR.

Now, we attempt to eat in a similar fashion to dining at home.

I like dessert and my husband likes breakfast pastries and biscuits. Hmm, I also like biscuits and gravy once in a while.

The buffet can actually be helpful or harmful.

When we have lunch or dinner there we load up on salad first, then whatever else.

So, some days we overindulge and some days we restrict our urges.

Also, I (and sometime we) skip meals while cruising. No need for lunch if we know the dinner menu is quite appealing.

Yes, it is vacation and some calories don't count but as we are getting older the extra calories tend to take longer to burn off.

Losing weight with the intention of gaining some of it back is a BAD idea.....you will gain it FAST....and the next time you try to lose it, it will NOT come off so easily. Eat sensibly every day, and don't "pre-diet"....not a healthy thing to do.

I couldn't agree more and highly advise against this plan.

Yep! I've lost about 70 pounds over the last year. Still have a bit to go to fit into all the new clothes I bought for our cruise! If I don't stick to my diet I'll have nothing to wear!

Well done! Good luck with those last few pounds.

I am always amazed how easy it is to make healthy choices on a cruise compared to eating out on land so if you want to stick to your new eating habits at sea you should find it pretty easy.

Since about a year, I'm not on a diet anymore. I lost 25 lbs and kept it off with eating Low Carb High Fat. Amazing way of eating, lots of yummy things, never hungry and the weight stays off. I'm never going back to wholegrains and stuff, it's what makes us fat, not the fat itself! Bring back the butter! :):p

I do not try to lose weight before a cruise. Depending on the length of the cruise, I take clothing in several graduated sizes, I usually have no problem dropping any weight I gain when I geet back to my regular eating habits.

Since about a year, I'm not on a diet anymore. I lost 25 lbs and kept it off with eating Low Carb High Fat. Amazing way of eating, lots of yummy things, never hungry and the weight stays off. I'm never going back to wholegrains and stuff, it's what makes us fat, not the fat itself! Bring back the butter! :):p

We started our diet/food journey while on our last January cruise..came off weight neutral! By July lost 35 lbs and have kept it off doing the same low card (or smart carb for me) high fat eating style. Love it...and can't wait for next cruise to snack on good stuff all throughout the day!:)

Good rule of thumb- avoid sugar, bread, and potatoes (unless you are at your weight goal...and then in light moderation)

Good for you and keep at it! See you on the high seas

John in NC

Well it seems I'm always trying to lose 15 lbs so the short answer to that question is yes. However, I do try to get down even more before a cruise so that the 5lbs I gain isn't depressing when I get back.

Debbie

Nah, i eat to my content, i eat healthy on a cruise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...