Is There a Way To Determine If a Group Is Booked On Your Cruise

Host Walt

In another thread a question was raised whether there is a way to determine if a group is booked on a specific cruise.

Localady, Hammybee and others contributed the only approach I know of which is to do a search engine search for the specific sailing to see if a result pops up with the cruise associated with a specific organization.

The issue really pertains to large groups where there is a possibility that the group might intrude on the enjoyment of the cruise by individual passengers, not to non-intrusive smaller groups.

If you are aware of a site or other source where such info can be obtained, please post details here.

If you have specific, verifiable information about a specific group booking on a specific cruise, however, please post that information of the Roll Call thread for that cruise and not here.

Several weeks ago I participated in a thread on this subject and set up a database including all groups I knew about at that time. I added groups mentioned in that thread and now have added groups mentioned in the two most recent threads. It is located at http://www.wa70.com/hdisplay.php. I will add any groups emailed to me, and any I happen to find. I will also add any other common HAL info anyone feels is would be appropriate.

Rich

Several weeks ago I participated in a thread on this subject and set up a database including all groups I knew about at that time. I added groups mentioned in that thread and now have added groups mentioned in the two most recent threads. It is located at www.wa70.com/hdisplay.php. I will add any groups emailed to me, and any I happen to find. I will also add any other common HAL info anyone feels is would be appropriate.

Rich

Thanks, Rich.

Several weeks ago I ... set up a database including all groups I knew about at that time. ... It is located at www.wa70.com/hdisplay.php. I will add any groups emailed to me.... Rich

Thanks, Rich! (And Walt, thanks for setting up this Sticky thread.)

Are you willing to post your email address? I do have a group to tell you about that's not on your list, but I couldn't find your email in your post, or find it on your very useful group list. Thanks.

Several weeks ago I participated in a thread on this subject and set up a database including all groups I knew about at that time. I added groups mentioned in that thread and now have added groups mentioned in the two most recent threads. It is located at www.wa70.com/hdisplay.php. I will add any groups emailed to me, and any I happen to find. I will also add any other common HAL info anyone feels is would be appropriate.

Rich

Great! Thank you! :)

I have updated the list with several groups mentioned in the active threads. I also changed the program to allow listing only one ship. I hope ya'll find this useful and update me on groups to add

Rich

rich at wa70 dot com

I have updated the list with several groups mentioned in the active threads. I also changed the program to allow listing only one ship. I hope ya'll find this useful and update me on groups to add

Rich

rich at wa70 dot com

Hi Rich...thanks so much for gathering this info into a list. I am traveling on the Noordam July 8, 2007 to Alaska and found out there are 3 large groups on our cruise.

I am hoping this won't spoil our cruise...nobdody has been logging into our roll call so it seems like nobody from CC is on our cruise. :( IF anyone out there is on this cruise....let me know!!!

Rich- I send you an email with the details to add to your list.

Thanks again!:)

Has anyone come up with a way other than doing a search for your cruise date?

No, not so far; doing an internet search using your cruise ship name and cruise dates still seem to be the best way at this time. As mentioned above, Richwmn is putting together a list of group cruises on his site, right here:

http://www.wa70.com/hdisplay.php

Thanks to Rich for doing this. His list is the best resource we have, for now.

Wow. I am really glad that someone else decided to keep track. I had been feeling guilty about shutting down my site.

As far as searching, I found that to use the term "join" with any of your other search terms to be the most important word. Virtually all group cruises will use this word on their pages.

For your own cruise, I offer these suggestions: Holland America and/or ship name, try with the month spelled out and the month using the abbreviation, then try some affinity groups like Christian, band, and, poker.

susana.

The groups list is now up to 113 entries. I want to thank again everyone who has contributed information. Each submission has given me ideas for other searches which have been fruitful. If anyone has any ideas to make it more useful, please let me know

Rich

Rich

We are planning our cruise aboard the Oosterdam on October 18, 2008. A couple years ago I remembered that a problem came up around that time with the ship being chartered out to the group Olivia, several people posted on cc that their cruises were canceled and they had to rebook on a different sailing. Since this group required the entire ship I was concerned that this might happen again next year. After doing a search as suggestion on this thread I discovered on a site named "Betty's List" that indeed this same group of women will be on the October 20, 2007 Mexican Rivera Cruise. Both the Oct. 13 & 20 are wait listed this usually happens when the ship is charter out to a large group. If this same group takes over the Oosterdam during the same time frame in 2008 hopefully enough notice will be given to passengers holding deposits on rooms to make a change without too much trouble.

Rich

Thanks for all your work on this -- our (potential) cruise is features a dermatology group, which should be fine. I think I may put deposits down on two different cruises and make a decision before final payment since the charter issue will probably be known by then.

Have been rather concerned about same topic (groups) on 10/24/07 Volendam 10 nt Canal Round-trip, because when we booked in early Feb, we could only get Balcony Guarantee and now very limited availability of inside & outside cabins, BUT only 4 people have posted on our rollcall thread!! So far I have found only 2 smallish groups: Bible Study and Bridge.

Have been rather concerned about same topic (groups) on 10/24/07 Volendam 10 nt Canal Round-trip, because when we booked in early Feb, we could only get Balcony Guarantee and now very limited availability of inside & outside cabins, BUT only 4 people have posted on our rollcall thread!! So far I have found only 2 smallish groups: Bible Study and Bridge.

Where did you find those two groups, I don't have them yet

Rich

RICK: Noticed that those 2 groups I found have been added to your List -- did you find them or someone else post it? Wrote my TA to see if she could get any group info from HAL, but they said "no large groups" & "no ParkWest" on our 10/24 cruise....hope that is TRUE!!

Even if you find out that specific groups are scheduled for your cruise, how do you determine if they will be completely taking over certain rooms or areas? Will anyone at HAL tell you in advance?

On our last Rotterdam cruise, the Crow's Nest was closed several times for a "Private Party". I don't mind this happening once, but several days is too many. I'm certainly not bigoted and don't care what other groups sail with us, but please don't restrict the run of the ship which we all pay for.