Pride Aft Balcony Cabin - 5268

torrbail

Hello, Never cruised with Carnival before, 2 with Royal Caribbean. We got a great deal on a "guaranteed" balcony room out of Baltimore next month. Just found out it is an aft balcony, # 5268. Any tips for the Pride or this deck? I'm kind of excited about the aft balcony, this is a first.

Thanks!

We went on the Pride last April (our first cruise). I've seen a lot of varied reviews on the cruise, but we had an absolute blast! There were things that we didn't like, but in no way did that ruin our overall opinion of the vacation. We had such a great time that we're booked on the Pride again for a September cruise this go around.

If there's anything I can answer for you, please ask away!

P.S. We had a standard balcony in the middle of the middle. It was the best thing for us because of the movement in the front/back of the ship. I would've gotten sick for sure. :rolleyes:

We were on the Pride two summers ago, Empress Deck aft. It was terrific. We were on the very back of the ship. Our balcony was right over the wake.....really beautiful, private and peaceful.

Make sure to order room service and enjoy your morning coffee or tea on the balcony. There's nothing like it. Wish I was there now.

Have a wonderful time!

Thanks, sounds like it worked out in our favor. Does the aft balcony really help with preventing wind? Baltimore in February = freezing, so not sure if we will actually be able to enjoy it until we hit the southern states.

Thanks, sounds like it worked out in our favor. Does the aft balcony really help with preventing wind? Baltimore in February = freezing, so not sure if we will actually be able to enjoy it until we hit the southern states.

We have an Aft Balcony on the Veranda Deck... 7349 we leave 2/27... very curious what the weather will be like and how windy the Aft cabin might be

Just had an aft balcony on the Miracle last week. You are very protected from the wind back there. We had some really windy days, and could hardly feel in on the balcony. It seemed much warmer back there than on the side balconies. You will love it.

I suppose if you are back there in the summer months when the temps and sun are very hot, it may be uncomfortable. But, in the winter months it is great.

Claudia

We had this cabin on the Miracle out of New York in May. We loved the panoramic view. While cruising, you don't really get much wind and while in port, it was HOT! This may work in your favor cruising in Feb!

Have a great cruise!

K

• 4 weeks later...
Hello, Never cruised with Carnival before, 2 with Royal Caribbean. We got a great deal on a "guaranteed" balcony room out of Baltimore next month. Just found out it is an aft balcony, # 5268. Any tips for the Pride or this deck? I'm kind of excited about the aft balcony, this is a first.

Thanks!

I don't have any tips but I just booked Aft Cabin #5270 in July. I hope it's not too hot back there but I've have heard good things about aft cabins, so here it goes.

I don't have any tips but I just booked Aft Cabin #5270 in July. I hope it's not too hot back there but I've have heard good things about aft cabins, so here it goes.

In July the balcony will be warm during the day- you get no ocean breezes back there. Keep the curtains closed to the cabin and keep the balcony door closed. (keeping it open causes condensation to build up in the room making it all feel wet.

I will let you know, we have that cabin for our cruise leaving this Sunday, the 6th. I have never stayed in an aft cabin before so I am a little anxious about it. I keep reading mixed reviews; some can sleep, some can't; too much noise. I don't care, I will be on a cruise and it will be wonderful.

We have an 8th floor aft balcony room reserved for April 2012. The only negative comment I have heard about these rooms is if you leave towls or clothes out on the balcony they tend to sometimes get soot on them from the stack on top of the ship. When it blows (and it blows often) the black soot must travel and fall down over the balconies on the aft of the ship. But I can only imagine the view from these rooms and I am so looking forward to that in it's self and could over look a little soot.

We have an 8th floor aft balcony room reserved for April 2012. The only negative comment I have heard about these rooms is if you leave towls or clothes out on the balcony they tend to sometimes get soot on them from the stack on top of the ship. When it blows (and it blows often) the black soot must travel and fall down over the balconies on the aft of the ship. But I can only imagine the view from these rooms and I am so looking forward to that in it's self and could over look a little soot.

We only book afts. Our first was on the Pride and we can't go back to any other balcony now. We had no soot on a 7 day Pride and on the 12 day Liberty, only 2 mornings. It usually occurs only when the ship is in port. When moving, the soot is carried above the aft and is no problem. Just look before you sit. It wipes off the furniture very easily.

Everything else about afts, at least to us, are wonderful.

• 1 month later...
I will let you know, we have that cabin for our cruise leaving this Sunday, the 6th. I have never stayed in an aft cabin before so I am a little anxious about it. I keep reading mixed reviews; some can sleep, some can't; too much noise. I don't care, I will be on a cruise and it will be wonderful.

Hey Kewpie, just following up to see how you liked your cabin and the cruise overall.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Carnival Spirit a couple of weeks ago and we were in 5268 and my parents in 5270. We always get balcony rooms and wanted to try AFT as we heard so much about it. I really didn't enjoy it as much as others do. I look forward to watching us pull into port and you couldn't see any of that. I will say, there wasn't much noise in the hallway as it is quite far from most things so no one wanders back there except to go to the laundry (which is right across the hall). Makes it convenient if you have to iron something! Of course, it is all personal preference, but we'll be going back to a balcony on the side of the ship!

• 2 months later...

do you have pics of these cabins to share?? We have both 5270 and 5268 in September 2011!! would love to see them! Thanks

Just got off the Carnival Spirit a couple of weeks ago and we were in 5268 and my parents in 5270. We always get balcony rooms and wanted to try AFT as we heard so much about it. I really didn't enjoy it as much as others do. I look forward to watching us pull into port and you couldn't see any of that. I will say, there wasn't much noise in the hallway as it is quite far from most things so no one wanders back there except to go to the laundry (which is right across the hall). Makes it convenient if you have to iron something! Of course, it is all personal preference, but we'll be going back to a balcony on the side of the ship!

I hope the Aft cabins are as good as everyone says they are!! We are booked in 5297 on the 1/8/2012 cruise. Last cruise on the Valor we did a middle balconey and loved it.

Aft cabins are not for everyone. But at least you can try it to see if its for you.

Cabin will be the same as a side cabin. and crusing in January an aft cabin will be great since the aft cabins get NO ocean breezes like a side one

your balcony will look like:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1283578778062547426xGRsek

• 1 year later...
What I would like to know about Pride 5268 is there a sofa? We had a aft on the Victory and if I remember correctly only a couple aft's had the sofa

it DOEs have a sofa. Victory aft-- the middle cabins do not because these cabins are narrower

the Victory is NOTHING at all like the Pride.

Archived