What's included in Cabin Bar Setup for $80

pris993

Here's my take on the cabin setup.

OK so a $90 bottle is actually less. The 6 cans of soda would be $2 (or is it $2.50?) so that's $12 off. The "deluxe" nuts is $15 as far as I can tell.

So the Bottle is 90-12-15=$63.

So 63/22=$2.86 per regular drink. If Scotch with water that's the price of the booze, double would be $5.72

If Rum then add in $.67 for coke, $.50 for a double...

So $3.53 for single and $6.22 for double.

When I was last on the Connie I saw a couple get 2 drinks (Rum and bourbon), regulars and it was over $16 (I heard the lady complaining) with tip. So 2 drinks /2 would be $8.25 or so.

22 drinks at $8.25 = $181.5 - double for the package at $90 and you could "buy" the bottle almost 3 times.

It is a LOT cheaper to buy the liquor, even at the inflated prices.

Edited by bobsfamily

I preordered some champagne, well sparkling wine, Domain Chandon (which by the way is cheaper from Gifts at $37 a bottle with no service fees, than it is on board, still! HINT HINT to those sparkling wine drinkers)...

On the card I put "Please make sure it is in cabin and chilled for departure" as sometimes I have read gifts may be delivered after sail away depending on how busy the crew is.

I think I might have to do this!

• 2 months later...
Probably so, I do remember someone once posting a photo of the label on a bottle, maybe can find that old post

It was me... here is what we got on our Barcelona Equinox cruise in May 2013... out of San Juan we have also been given 40 oz (1.14 litre) bottles...

2qc362v.jpg

• 4 months later...
It was me... here is what we got on our Barcelona Equinox cruise in May 2013... out of San Juan we have also been given 40 oz (1.14 litre) bottles...

2qc362v.jpg

So the only way to have a bottle in your cabin is you have to order the bar setup?

I always get this and we love it. You get the bottle and about six mixers. We get orange juice with room service and keep in the mini fridge for drinks. We don't get the drink package as we don't drink that much but it's lovely to have a cool drink in your cabin after a day in port. I can't remember the size of the bottle.

Or book a Royal, Penthouse or Reflection suite:D

I'm curious about the bar set-up in the upper suites. I hear you get two bottles; however, what are the choices? Can I get Grey Goose and Laphroaig? Could I get cranberry juice for mix?

I guess I'll find out about a little over a month from now . . .

I'm curious about the bar set-up in the upper suites. I hear you get two bottles; however, what are the choices? Can I get Grey Goose and Laphroaig? Could I get cranberry juice for mix?

Sorry, we have never asked for particular brands so I cannot answer. However, you can get a jug of whatever juices you would like [provided, of course, they have them on board]. Do not drink cranberry juice so, again, cannot answer. But we always have jugs of tomato juice and our butler ensure that it is replaced as used. He will also keep you stocked with lemon, Worcestershire sauce, etc.

If you get the PH you can get two bottles as part of the package :D

We are considering an April TA cruise. Previously we have done HAL for transatlantics, but the Celebrity works best for us in 2015. My question is can I order a single bottle of scotch. We don't need mixers or the bar snacks. On HAL we can order a single bottle of Cutty Sark for about $30. What would be the cost on the Constellation. We will probably opt for a Sky Suite, if that makes any difference.

I'ts 40% alcohol not 40 ounces.....1.14 liters equals 38.547fl oz

2qc362v.jpg

40 UK floz = 1.136522 litre

40 US floz = 1.182941 liter

So, I think, it is reasonable to say that 1.14 liters/litres is 40 floz.

That's why the world uses the metric system.

Saves on confusion.... at least it does for me! :p

image.jpg?w=500&c=1

As you will be in RS or better, you will get an email a week or so prior to sailing from the Michael's Club Concierge.

Just let them know your preferred brands and it will be awaiting you. I always request Grey Goose and Maker's Mark, and also an assortment of garnishes and juices and mixers, and never had a problem receiving what I requested.

Just wanted to say thanks for this post. We set sail three weeks from today on the Eclipse for 16 nights. We are Elite so we will enjoy the evening cocktail hours. However, we don't feel we drink enough to indulge in the expense of a package for 16 nights! After reading this post, I decided to "gift" ourselves four bottles and setup to be delivered to the room before we depart Miami. I suppose we will select our canned beverages with our room attendant. This, along with our two bottles of wine brought onboard, will give us the relaxing and convenient liberty to enjoy cocktails in our room and on the veranda without the hassle of going to a bar to retrieve a drink! Thanks again, all!