Nuro questions?????

HodgeNNicole

Leaving in less than 2 weeks on the Crown..... We are not stressing out about it or anything but are aware that good restroom hygine and a quick wipedown of the cabin upon embarkation can go along way.

With that being said any suggestions of what to use in the cabin, wet ones, lysol, purell, bleach, flame-thrower???

Thanks......

I've never wiped down my cabin as that's done before I board. Just keep washing your hands and don't touch your mouth. Purell and others like them do more to make you feel better than prevent Noro unless you're using a formula specifically for Noro, which is a virus, not a bacteria

Norovirus???

It's true...it's a VIRUS...not germs or bacteria. You've probably been exposed to it sometime in your life. Ever had a "stomach flu" (there's no such thing...it's NORO!)...? That's it!

Aside from not touching your mouth, your EYES and NOSE are entry points, too! And, if someone vomits, the air can become saturated with the virus....it's not simply via touch!

Wipe your cabin if you will feel better....it probably won't kill any viruses that may be lingering, but you'll feel better about the whole thing!

Wipe your cabin if you will feel better....it probably won't kill any viruses that may be lingering, but you'll feel better about the whole thing!

And welcome aboard the Placebo Princess!

Just off the Crown this past Saturday...here's what we did. We washed our hands thoroughly with hot water after using the washrooms. We did not use a paper towel to open the door to leave public washrooms, but did use the Purell stations at the entrance to the buffets/dining rooms/a la cartes after using the washroom, or just upon arriving at our dining spot. Basically, we used common sense. Granted, if we'd been on one of the sailings within a week or two of the Crown's last noro outbreak, we would've been a lot more careful, but given that the ship has been noro-free for several weeks now, we felt safe in just using our usual everyday hand washing practices. Wash your hands frequently after being in public places...that will go a long way towards enjoying your trip! Have fun!

I've never wiped down my cabin as that's done before I board. Just keep washing your hands and don't touch your mouth. Purell and others like them do more to make you feel better than prevent Noro unless you're using a formula specifically for Noro, which is a virus, not a bacteria
The stewards and crew wipe down every surface of the ship including cabin walls whenever there is Norovirus on the ship. There will be a letter from the Ship's Doctor waiting in your room when you board - just follow those precautions and you should be good.

I am convinced more viruses are caught on airplanes than there are onboard cruise ships because of the diligence of the crews to prevent contamination.

Norovirus???

It's true...it's a VIRUS...not germs or bacteria. You've probably been exposed to it sometime in your life. Ever had a "stomach flu" (there's no such thing...it's NORO!)...? That's it!

Aside from not touching your mouth, your EYES and NOSE are entry points, too! And, if someone vomits, the air can become saturated with the virus....it's not simply via touch!

That being the case, I assume washing out your mask and hose for your c-pap machine with tap water would be a mistake?

Norovirus???

In the interest of accuracy, both viruses and bacteria are part of the family of germs.

As always, the best advice is thorough hand washing, not touching the face, and staying away from people who are obviously ill.

beachchick

That being the case, I assume washing out your mask and hose for your c-pap machine with tap water would be a mistake?

No, it wouldn't be a mistake. There isn't anything wrong with the water coming out of the tap or shower........The virus replicates in the human body and contaminates surfaces when an infected person sneezes/coughs and doesn't cover their nose/mouth and/or covers them but then touches the handrail or counter or another surface.

I've been on a ship that had an outbreak, but I've never gotten sick myself. I am very persistent in my hand washing, and keeping my hands away from my face.

Leaving in less than 2 weeks on the Crown..... We are not stressing out about it or anything but are aware that good restroom hygine and a quick wipedown of the cabin upon embarkation can go along way.

With that being said any suggestions of what to use in the cabin, wet ones, lysol, purell, bleach, flame-thrower???

Thanks......

If you have a coffeemaker in your cabin, what do you wash it with, wet ones, lysol, purell, bleach, or all of the above? :rolleyes:

Archived