Hookers and Needlers

njaloha

My wife knits more than she crochets, but she has done both on cruises. Even my 9 year old daughter did some knitting on our last cruise. Even on a moving ship, the movement isn't the same as you feel in a moving car. I don't knit, so I don't know the ins and outs, and whether you need to watch what you are doing, but really, only by trying it on the ship will you know whether concentrating on that while the ship gently sways under you will affect you adversely or not.

I'll be bringing my knitting. Been giving some thought recently to what sort of project I can start on the cruise. Thanks for the suggestion though that it should be packed in my checked baggage.

Hookers and needlers indeed. :D

........ only by trying it on the ship will you know whether concentrating on that while the ship gently sways under you will affect you adversely or not.

Putting it this way, I will either fall asleep while crocheting or it will take my mind off the fact that I'm in the middle of the ocean on a 200K+ ton floating vessel.:rolleyes:

My DW crochets, day and night, in the car, travelling down the highway, on a camping trip, or going to town, shopping, travelling by air, sea or any other mode, while watching TV, listening to the radio. I expect to wake up some night, and see her crochet in her sleep. Out of 5 sisters, there is only one, that doesn’t crochet, she is left handed, and never learned, from their mother, who crocheted til the day she died, at 90 + years and DW finished her last doily for her, and now our daughter has that one, the only hand crocheted work she owns, in memory of her OMA

Cato

Completed Cruises !

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

# 18, Island Princess, 10 day Alaska Cruise Tour # AA3, 06 June, 2012, Vancouver return.

# 19 & 20 Emerald Princess, B2B, 10 Sep. 2012, Copenhagen-New York/New York- Quebec City

I wondered about taking one of my small cross stitiching projects along. Just some quiet time likely I can find to do some work-no phone, no email, don't have to put it aside to make a meal...etc

Some cruise lines even have group activities for those doing needlework projects.

Here's a silly but, I think, valid question to all the needlers and hookers out there. Is one able to crochet on board a cruise ship? How many of you are there out there that crochet or knit on cruises? :D

I don't do it , but I have seen others do it on cruises. They did it everywhere. And she was young!

Knitting needles are allowed in your carry on per TSA. Google TSA knitting. Some thread cutters are not allowed.

Actually, I cannot understand this one. It seems to me that a knitting needle would make a dandy weapon.

Knitting needles are allowed in your carry on per TSA. Google TSA knitting. Some thread cutters are not allowed.

Actually, I cannot understand this one. It seems to me that a knitting needle would make a dandy weapon.

On a cruise ship? Or are you referring to pre-cruise flight for those who don't drive to the ship?

On a cruise ship? Or are you referring to pre-cruise flight for those who don't drive to the ship?

TSA refers to flights, so the poster was questioning why a knitting needle would be allowed on a plane when so many other potential weapons are not. I've wondered about this as well, but have frequently carried knitting needles on flights without a problem.

Archived