Pineapple Beach - HELP!!!

SuSu530

I have read so many wonderful reviews about Pineapple Beach on this thread. However, when I checked TripAdvisor.com, I read only NEGATIVE comments about the resort. Most guest said that the beach was crowded, they had to reserve chairs aby 7:30, the food was poor, the drinks watered down and the beach had a lot of seaweed!! I am leaving in 2 weeks and don't know what to do. We have a "reservation" at Pineapple Beach but I am wondering if we should look elsewhere.

Please HELP!!

Thanks

• 2 months later...

we're booked at pineapple beach while cruising in december. i've really only seen positive reviews about this place. if you use this post and do a "search" for pineapple beach....the positive reviews are definitely in the majority. i know someone who went there a few years ago for her honeymoon and raved. as far as being crowded.....there is a website that you can check how many cruise ships are in port the same time as you. you have to figure that some percentage of each ship will go there. i also heard (this is hearsay) that they will not sell more day passes than they are comfortable with because they don't want their guests to feel overwhelmed by "cruise riff raff".

We were there in November and had a great day. First of all, the drinks were definitely not watered down. I actually had to ASK the bartender to make them weaker for me! They have lots of fun local creations to try and we did a good job of it!

We arrived there in time for the end of breakfast. The food service was just ending so I don't feel we got the best opportunity to experience it. That being said, the food was okay, nothing to write home about. However, we were not there for the food. In fact, we didn't even eat lunch, although we found the kids hanging out at the bar eating burgers, wings and fries. They enjoyed their lunch.

We headed to the beach and with our family and cruise critic group had at least 15 people. We had no problem finding chairs and were easily able to pull them all together.

The snorkeling is good. You just have to go way to the right and get pretty far out for the best of it.

We would definitely enjoy spending another day at Pineapple, especially if looking for a quiet laid back day. However, the best thing we have ever done in Antigua is Eli's.

Archived