More specific cabin & balcony sizes of neptune suites

Luvmyrotti

DH and I are considering a spring 2016 TA on the Oosterdam. The deck plans and suite information lump all of the Neptune suites as being 512 - 700 square feet (inclusive of balcony). We are considering an aft wrap around balcony, as we love being at the aft. Does anyone have any more specific information regarding the interior and exterior square footage of these suites?

Thanks Cruisingxpert. I've checked out all of the photos on Halfacts. I was just wondering if there were more specifics about the actual interior and exterior square footage.

That's where I grabbed my pictures from because we are not allowed to mention the site anymore:confused:

The only difference in the room size is between the bed and the sofa and chairs area - probably 1-2 feet. So I guess it depends on whether you like more room to roam in the cabin or more balcony space with an incredible view. Give me the balcony and that view any day.

Some also say that the long walk to Neptune lounge is a deterrent but again - you get more exercise and I don't want to spend a lot of time in a windowless room even though the Neptune staff are wonderful.

That's where I grabbed my pictures from because we are not allowed to mention the site anymore:confused:

The only difference in the room size is between the bed and the sofa and chairs area - probably 1-2 feet. So I guess it depends on whether you like more room to roam in the cabin or more balcony space with an incredible view. Give me the balcony and that view any day.

Some also say that the long walk to Neptune lounge is a deterrent but again - you get more exercise and I don't want to spend a lot of time in a windowless room even though the Neptune staff are wonderful.

Whoops, didn't realize we were not supposed to mention that site.

The eight aft wraps are not all identical, but generally speaking, the cabin with be smaller than an SA midships, and the balcony will be larger.

Frankly, you can't go wrong. All Neptune Suites, regardless of category, give you plenty of space to relax both inside and outside. If an aft facing balcony is what you want, then any of them are worth it.

You might find, for example, that the SC's on Deck 6 are a good fit for you, providing you with the aft facing balcony, but not the long, skinny space of the "wrap" part of the aft-wrap. Only you can decide if the fare difference between an SC and an SB is worth it.

If you call HAL, they will give you balcony and cabin dimensions for any stateroom.

And with any luck they may even be correct. :D

A rep was giving very incorrect location and size info to my TA. I suspect it was just info on their screen and for the cabin grade and not that specific cabin.

5190 and 5191 have approx 450 sq ft balconies- completely covered. You could get probably over 30 people on the balcony comfortably. Balcony is wrap around the side so view from 2 directions. Very private- no other balconies can see into this one.

Sheltered from the wind even heading north up the west coast. They are our favorite cabins. They are this way on Oosterdam, Westerdam, and Zuiderdam. Noordam has a different stern so balconies are smaller.

The suites are a little smaller that other NS but laid out well. You enter thru a small hall and turn into the main cabin.

Deck 4 wrap balconies are BY FAR the largest (on the entire ship... not just within the Neptune Suites) and are pretty much open and exposed to the elements. Great for hot climates like Mexico and Caribbean.

Deck 5 is my favorite. Almost as big as deck 4 but almost entirely covered so regardless of weather you can enjoy it. Great for cooler climates like Canada/New England, Alaska or unknowns like a transatlantic.

Note decks 4 and 5 have a little smaller actual ROOM. More the size of a Signature Suite than a Neptune Suite.

Decks 6, 7 and 8 all have a little larger ROOM... closer to that of a regular Neptune Suite and a little smaller balcony. All will be nearly entirely covered. Deck 8 may get some noise due to the pool deck directly above it but if you're out and about during the day as well it should be minimal.

One thing I didn't like about SB7142 on the Noordam was the fact the closets are next to the bed. We had three females in the room so the beds were twins. We could not hardly use the closets, very tight squeeze.

I would only do an aft wrap if the beds stayed together ( or if it was a free upgrade again ) .