Entertainment schedule on a Med cruise?

Is there a full schedule of ship's entertainment in the evening on the port heavy Med cruises?

Just booked an Allure Western Med cruise for next year, but booked it for the ship more than the itinerary. I usually travel solo, but DH surprised me by saying he'd like to join me on the cruise when he heard me describing Allure to friends, and I really want him to be wowed by all that Allure has to offer, especially the shows (I'm hoping he'll have such a great time that he'll want to travel with me more often .)

Europe is just a hop, skip, and jump from us, so I'm planning on just one or two excursions, with our days spent mainly relaxing and exploring the ship (and maybe walking around some of the ports for a few hours in the morning), and enjoying the shows at night. (BTW- will there be activities scheduled during the day while the ship is in port and likely mostly empty?)

I know this will be Allure's first Med season, but based on your experience on Med cruises on other ships, can we expect Allure's usual entertainment and activity schedule, or might it be curtailed because most guests will be tired from long excursions, and go to sleep early rather than be interested in seeing a show at night?

One other question, regarding dining time: we generally prefer to dine early, but really enjoy eating at a large table with others. Will we wind up dining alone most nights because most people will not return from their excursions until after early dining is over?

(I've also posted this on the RCI board, but thought I'd ask cruisers of all lines as well.)

Thanks!

Ruth

Yes, they will have all the usual nighttime entertainment. As to the early dining, I can't really say for sure as I do late dining but you can always ask to be moved to a different table if yours is consistently empty. In Europe most people eat later, but there will be a fair amount of Americans on RCI so I bet you will have some company at the earlier time slot.

If you are lucky they will have the normal entertainment. It is Awesome. Be sure to reserve your seats as soon as possible. And get to the shows a little early.

Edited by dorisis

Thanks, Doris! I'm sailing solo on Allure this November, and already have all my shows booked :). I'm already keeping an eye out for when show bookings open for our Med cruise - I want to make sure my husband doesn't miss a thing!