Who has done Nassau scavenger hunt excursion recently?

Sun Lover

I saw three different scavenger type excursions (similar to Amazing Race) listed for Nassau. They are: Nassau City Scavenger Hunt Adventure; Nassau City Seeker; and Nassau Native Quest. The Nassau City one I booked online and the same day got an email back saying it was canceled because they weren't running it that day (even though it let me make a res. for that day online). The City Seeker one I tried to reserve and they told me there aren't enough people signed up and they need a minimum amount to do it. The Native Quest listed a morning time I wanted, and when I signed up for it, they sent me an email saying that time was not available and the only time offered would be too late, as our ship departs at 2 p.m. If anyone has had any luck recently booking an excursion of this type, please let me know. This sounds like so much fun and we did a similar one in Cozumel several years ago and had a blast. Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We did the Nassau Native Quest from the Carnival Sensation on March 17th. Booked through Carnival. Group of 6.

Ten minute bus ride to Fort Charlotte. Everyone on the tour was split into 3 groups of around 8, so presume they cap attendance at 25. First part was a scavenger hunt, where teams write down answers to a dozen questions on an dry-erase booklet. Answers found throughout Fort Charlotte. Second part was a set of 4 team-based physical challenges, slightly inspired by Survivor - but nowhere near that strenuous. Last part was a food and beverage tasting, including several flavored rums.

All-in-all, it was a fun 2.5 hours. Would recommend.

The Cozumel amazing race was the best excursion that we have ever done on all of our cruises. We did not enjoy the quest excursion anywhere near as much. For our upcoming April stop in Nassau we had the scavenger hunt excursion booked but later got an email canceling it... we re-booked for the City Seeker and we are keeping our fingers crossed that it will have the amount of people needed to run. I will post an update afterwards to let you all know how it goes :)

The Cozumel amazing race was the best excursion that we have ever done on all of our cruises. We did not enjoy the quest excursion anywhere near as much.

I would certainly agree with both of these statements.

We did the Cozumel Amazing Race back in 2010, and still look back on it fondly. It would be great if Nassau could support such an excursion. Until they do, the Nassau Native Quest, while inferior to Cozumel Amazing Race, is at least something different from the beach breaks that we usually end up doing in Nassau.