Arranged air from smaller airports (Raleigh)

RTPGiants

We've not cruised Oceania before. We're doing one this summer with my parents who are close to major NY airports. However, here in Raleigh, our options are a little more limited. Specifically it looks like to get from RDU to Athens (where the cruise leaves from), the cheapest options involve 2 stops. For about $400 more this can get taken down to a single stop which I'd prefer from a travel time and logistics perspective.

My question is, how does Oceania handle prearranged air travel? Do they just book the cheapest thing possible? Is it at all possible to work with them to influence the itinerary or pay a difference?

Thanks!

You can pay a deviation fee & pick the flights that suit you

fly in a day or more early if you can

You can work with the flight dept or your TA if you use one

However if your airport is not one of Oceania gateway airport you will pay the extra fare

You could always just book with them from a major gateway like NYC & do your own flight from RDU to NYC maybe fly in a day early so less hassle changing flights

There are three options:

1) Take the air Allowance and make your own Arrangements

2) Opt to use the Cruise Air, but do nothing else; Oceania will get you from A to B in plenty of Time at the least cost possible.

3) Buy an Air Deviation. This gives the Passenger input into their air arrangements for a fee. The fee is non-refundable but is not assessed until the passenger and Oceania come to a meeting of the minds regarding the route. Some flights may require an up-charge, but any additional costs are a part of the negotiation prices, so there are no surprises.

At first blush, the Air allowance may seem least complicated and the best option; the beauty of staying under the Oceania umbrella is that schedule changes prompted by the cruise Line are automatically covered and the option to accept buy off offers remains in play until sailing day.

its but a short drive up to IAD just a few hours as I recall.... Major good deals Take the air credit and save $175 pp... Park your car there .....OR rent a car in NC and drop it off at IAD and enjoy the drive, When you return, rent another car and drop it home Here in Palm springs it cost $150 to get a shuttle to LAX pp.... However, I rent a enterprise car for $35 and drop it at LAX..... Many ways to skin a cat or save a buck..

Easiest way to Athens, late in the year ,is AA non stop from PHL. If that's what you want, then pay the $99 O fee both ways and not worry about it. You can probably get AA out of RDU into PHL making it seemless . If you want to go early or stay after, that a deviation fee of $175 each.