Tipping in the Polo Grille

anugama143

All of the restaurants including the Specialties are included in your cruise fare. Gratuities are added on per day for all venues and staff onboard (per person, to your Onboard account), there is no addl tipping required nor asked for. However, if you feel that you have received above or beyond service from a cruise employee, you may wish to provide them with addl gratuities, at the end of the cruise.

Ditto to what Lyn said. Since we pay gratuities in general we've never felt the need to do extra ... (we have for our butler and cabin stewards because they do more for us than a waiter at dinner). Maybe that is our bad, I don't know. Service has always been excellent but not SO excellent that we felt more was needed ...

Mura

We're recent escapees from Princess and looking forward to our first (of many, hopefully!) Oceania cruise aboard the Regatta this May. Do you cash tip in the Polo Grille? Thanks!

You may want to forget about all that nickel/dimming from the mass market lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may want to forget about all that nickel/dimming from the mass market lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh damn! I still do enjoy Princess. However they have very much become coffee card cruises. If you love a good coffee card. You will love Princess. Seemed all they cared to bother me about was coffee cards... ohhh and did I mention wine tasting?. All throughout an 11 day sailing. Finally enjoyed some peace and quite for the last couple of days :).

I have heard that too - from a couple of different waiters. we always tip the Butler and the stewardess/steward as well at the end of the cruise but I always make sure to mention anyone who has been particularly nice/efficient/helpful etc by name on my evaluation.

Several times Oceania employees have told me that mentioning them by name in mid cruise or end of cruise reviews results in promotions which is much better than a tip in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We do that and sometimes will tip a head waiter when he knows our name by mid cruise. Each cruise is different and each restaurant has its own quirks with its staff.

we were on ATW16 and on EVERY cruise survey we mentioned crew and staff that were particularly great.

General Manager told me that it is very important and many of the crew/staff thanked us for mentioning them.

That said, we did tip at the end of their contracts or at the end of the cruise for those that we had come to love and appreciate.

We're recent escapees from Princess and looking forward to our first (of many, hopefully!) Oceania cruise aboard the Regatta this May. Do you cash tip in the Polo Grille? Thanks!

Actually no... unless its some over the top thing... O is not a Princess nickel dime. Welcome to a new world. One note however, when asking them to store and decant a rare or exceptional vintage wine for you, that you brought on board, It is good manners to offer the wine steward a small discrete taste.

Other than that you pay $32 per day for your daily gratuities billed to your room and 18% on drinks... so it is not at all necessary...

Actually no... unless its some over the top thing... O is not a Princess nickel dime. Welcome to a new world. One note however, when asking them to store and decant a rare or exceptional vintage wine for you, that you brought on board, It is good manners to offer the wine steward a small discrete taste.

Other than that you pay $32 per day for your daily gratuities billed to your room and 18% on drinks... so it is not at all necessary...

What new world are you talking about? Oceania? That world has been around for at least 10 years. Have you just awoke? Tipping is not necessary, but nice to do at times when we get some extra service.

What new world are you talking about? Oceania? That world has been around for at least 10 years. Have you just awoke? Tipping is not necessary, but nice to do at times when we get some extra service.

I'll help you understand " New" means the first time or first experience " World "can mean the planet or ones sphere of experience in life Used together," New World " they can mean " Discovery" of a new thing or the experience of a new dimension in ones life

Going from Princess to Oceania for the first time is truly a new experience vastly different from ones prior experience.

By the way the world is almost a billion years old ..a little more than 10

I'll help you understand " New" means the first time or first experience " World "can mean the planet or ones sphere of experience in life Used together," New World " they can mean " Discovery" of a new thing or the experience of a new dimension in ones life

Going from Princess to Oceania for the first time is truly a new experience vastly different from ones prior experience.

By the way the world is almost a billion years old ..a little more than 10

Sorry, But going from Princess to Oceania did not seem to be a whole new world as it might be going from here to the Moon. Also went from Crystal to Oceania. Same thing. I really need to get these answers to my shrink and maybe he can explain it better. But I do enjoy the back and forth. Makes these boards more interesting and we can still remain friends. I hope. :)