RCI is waiving the new $7.95 Room Service charge for me due to my disability.

cruze daddy

I sent the email below to Special Needs. We are currently booked for 2 upcoming cruises, one is in a Accessible Balcony, the other an accessible was not available so we booked a Junior Suite in order to get a wider door in order to accommodate a mobility scooter.

As per the email below, they are waiving the RS fee for me on both cruises.

Below is the email I sent to Special Needs, followed by their response.

Hi

Being disabled - I have some concerns about the new $7.95 room service charge. Although I plan to have a scooter for these 2 cruises, There are days and or evenings when I am simply not able to even get on the scooter and go out for a bite to eat. I can understand the charge for able bodied persons who are able to leave their rooms and get something to eat, however, I do not see it as being fair to those of us who because of our disability are not able to go out whenever we please.

Please consider waiving the fee for those in an accessible cabin, or those who have been flagged in your systems as being disabled.

Thank-you for your consideration.

Thank you for contacting the Access Department with your inquiry.

I am pleased to advise you advise you that you will not be charged the fee for room service and I have coded your reservations and the ship staff will be advised as well.

Once you arrive at the pier, we recommend speaking with one of our agents and they will be able to arrange boarding assistance. During peak times, there may be a wait for assistance.

We also recommend speaking with the Guest Services/Relations Desk who will assist you with accommodations for the departure at the end of your cruise.

Best Regards,

Tracy Cabrera

Senior Access Advocate

I hope they do this for my trip as well. I sent them an email but I haven't been given a response. I also emailed the crown and anchor and hopefully someone can answer this for me. My sailing is soon, so I can't change it and I feel they really should have given more notice with this change and I could have made additional plans. :\ It's really a bummer for those of us who struggle with mobility and need room service now and again on the cruise.

I am glad you got yours taken care of! Have a fantastic cruise!

I sent the email below to Special Needs. We are currently booked for 2 upcoming cruises, one is in a Accessible Balcony, the other an accessible was not available so we booked a Junior Suite in order to get a wider door in order to accommodate a mobility scooter.

As per the email below, they are waiving the RS fee for me on both cruises.

Below is the email I sent to Special Needs, followed by their response.

Hi

Being disabled - I have some concerns about the new $7.95 room service charge. Although I plan to have a scooter for these 2 cruises, There are days and or evenings when I am simply not able to even get on the scooter and go out for a bite to eat. I can understand the charge for able bodied persons who are able to leave their rooms and get something to eat, however, I do not see it as being fair to those of us who because of our disability are not able to go out whenever we please.

Please consider waiving the fee for those in an accessible cabin, or those who have been flagged in your systems as being disabled.

Thank-you for your consideration.

Thank you for contacting the Access Department with your inquiry.

I am pleased to advise you advise you that you will not be charged the fee for room service and I have coded your reservations and the ship staff will be advised as well.

Once you arrive at the pier, we recommend speaking with one of our agents and they will be able to arrange boarding assistance. During peak times, there may be a wait for assistance.

We also recommend speaking with the Guest Services/Relations Desk who will assist you with accommodations for the departure at the end of your cruise.

Best Regards,

Tracy Cabrera

Senior Access Advocate

Wow, they are beyond generous. I think I will leave it at that.....