Itinerary help for 3 day stop in Bermuda

jaee901

Hi all!

I'm traveling with my 15 year old daughter to Bermuda on the breakaway in June. I have some ideas of things to do, but would love expert opinions on them. ( two parts to this question)

Day 1 - lighthouse, walk to horseshoe bay, walk along the southern beaches, back to boat, halmilton at night(Wednesday)

Day 2 - ferry to st. George, crystal caverns, tobacco bay to snorekel (what else?)

Day 3 - STUMPED Glass beach? Another beach, Jungle caves, want to explore Naval dock as well.

Part 2 -

Can you get a bus to the lighthouse directly? Can you walk from the lighthouse to horseshoe bay? Are there bus stops along the other soutrhern beaches? What time does the ferry leave from Hamilton night's back to the naval dock?

Can you walk to Crystal Caverns from St George? Can you walk from St George to Tobacco Bay?

Thanks for your help. I am a vaca planner and always seek out opinions. I don't want to be late to boarding on Friday, lol!

If there is something fabulous that you think must be seen, please let me know. Also anything that my 15 yr old may enjoy would be great!:)

Hi all!

I'm traveling with my 15 year old daughter to Bermuda on the breakaway in June. I have some ideas of things to do, but would love expert opinions on them. ( two parts to this question)

Day 1 - lighthouse, walk to horseshoe bay, walk along the southern beaches, back to boat, halmilton at night(Wednesday)

Day 2 - ferry to st. George, crystal caverns, tobacco bay to snorekel (what else?)

Day 3 - STUMPED Glass beach? Another beach, Jungle caves, want to explore Naval dock as well.

Part 2 -

Can you get a bus to the lighthouse directly? Can you walk from the lighthouse to horseshoe bay? Are there bus stops along the other soutrhern beaches? What time does the ferry leave from Hamilton night's back to the naval dock?

Can you walk to Crystal Caverns from St George? Can you walk from St George to Tobacco Bay?

Thanks for your help. I am a vaca planner and always seek out opinions. I don't want to be late to boarding on Friday, lol!

If there is something fabulous that you think must be seen, please let me know. Also anything that my 15 yr old may enjoy would be great!:)

You can get a bus to Lighthouse Road then it is a short walk to the lighthouse. There are no sidewalks on the South Road so you would not want to walk from the lighthouse to Horseshoe Bay. There are bus stops all along the South Road. On Wednesday, Harbour Night the last ferry from Hamilton has been at 10:30. Other nights 8:30.

You can walk to Tobacco Bay from St. George's. You can not walk to the Crystal Caves.

assuming you researched these and crossed them off:

tom moores jungle, right down from swizzle in are some caves, very cool thing to see!

heard helmet diving was fun but weather canceled my chance to go last time

I think they call it Harbor Light only happens on Wednesdays you take ferry over to Hamilton and they have it kind of sounds like a street festival they have arts & crafters stores will be open live music I plan to do that on may cruise. Also there are many boat tours in day and evening glass bottom boat, famous homes site seeing cruise and sunset cruises.

I think they call it Harbor Light only happens on Wednesdays you take ferry over to Hamilton and they have it kind of sounds like a street festival they have arts & crafters stores will be open live music I plan to do that on may cruise. Also there are many boat tours in day and evening glass bottom boat, famous homes site seeing cruise and sunset cruises.

The street festival that is held on Wednesday nights in Hamilton in the summer is called Harbour Nights.

There is a lighthouse...the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse...located not far from Horseshoe Bay.

Both Harbour Nights and the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse are popular tourist attractions, not to be confused with each other.

assuming you researched these and crossed them off:

tom moores jungle, right down from swizzle in are some caves, very cool thing to see!

heard helmet diving was fun but weather canceled my chance to go last time

How long does it take to do Tom Moore's jungle? Could I do it on the last day?

How long does it take to do Tom Moore's jungle? Could I do it on the last day?

if you were up and out early. i did not see the entire thing but what i saw was worth it. i think the ferry to hamilton is 30 minutes. i forget how long took to take the bus to the swizzle inn but you get off there then head down the hill toward the water. you have a gas station there to use the bathroom and get snacks.then go right across the street and down the hill a tad more. there are obvious paths to go on. we were there literally 1st trip after the hurricane last year so i dont know if a path got covered or we just couldnt find it but i know we only explored a tiny part of the jungle.

however we did go in the cave that is next to the water where there's a gated door and it takes a bit of careful stepping so you dont fall in the water. then theres another cave or two but i wont spoil the surprise. there's also a very weird something there abandoned. not a big deal, just funny it was there. we were hungry and gave up trying to find more than what we did but for the 1 or 2 hours we spent in the jungle it was worth it because when's the last time you were in a jungle?

swizzle has FANTASTIC nachos. warning: they are enough for 2 people for a meal. we also ordered sandwiches and were too full.

• 3 weeks later...

Another thing to consider is that if there is bad weather, they will cancel the Harbor nights. Unless you know the weather will be good, you may want to have a plan B.What about renting jet skis? They have tours using them and will often go at a lower speed knowing that many of the people using them have never been on one before.