P & O ventura alcohol policy

rah89

Hi.

First time cruisers so sorry if this is a stupid question.

We're due to sail on ventura in September for our honeymoon. I was just wondering what the alcohol policy was on this line we'd like to take our own rum on board with us in Southampton to drink in our cabin. How much is too much? Just wanted a bottle each (14 night cruise) and a bottle of mixer, do these go in your luggage or your carry on?

Thanks

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app

Soiled with P&O a few times always take a bottle of my favourite single malt to have a drink on the balcony whilst her ladyship is soaking in the bath. Never had a problem .also Brought a bottle of Caol Isla in Barcelona a couple of years ago it went through the ships X-ray machine and no problems.

Hi.

First time cruisers so sorry if this is a stupid question.

We're due to sail on ventura in September for our honeymoon. I was just wondering what the alcohol policy was on this line we'd like to take our own rum on board with us in Southampton to drink in our cabin. How much is too much? Just wanted a bottle each (14 night cruise) and a bottle of mixer, do these go in your luggage or your carry on?

Thanks

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app

Never had a problem with P&O regarding bringing alcohol onboard in any port.

Carry it on in your hand luggage or duty free bag though because your case might get thrown around and you don't want a broken bottle and alcohol staining your clothes.

Congratulations hope you have a wonderful time

love sailing with RCCL

I always take a bottle of gin onboard and buy the tonics from room service. I put it in a plastic screw top bottle in the suitcase as it weighs less and won't break and stain my clothes. I also take a bottle, usually of wine, in my hand luggage or a carrier bag to drink on the balcony. Never had any problems with that or with buying a bottle of the local brandy or wine when ashore. I think they would only make a fuss if you took dozens of bottles.