Specialty Dining Venues - Journey

nyfeds

We will be taking our first Azmara cruise on Journey February 2018. I am seeking thoughts and impressions on Journey's specialty dining venues. I realize food is subjective, but overall, were they worth trying?

Thanks!

Denise

I would certainly try them. It depends on your tastes how many times and where. It can be a head choice because there is also the Chefs Table in Prime C which offers three menus on different nights. There may be menu changes by the time you are on board, we did hear of new choices being tested recently. Keep and eye on these boards and the menus posted on Azamara's website and have fun choosing where you might go and how often. In my mind, its a hard choice!

While not a "gourmand", I do enjoy good food. We did not go to a specialty restaurant on our recent Australia & New Zealand cruise and found the choices, service, and quality of the food in Discoveries to be excellent.

I agree that the food in Discoveries is first class, but the two speciality restaurants are a cut above. We buy the three meal package which is good value. We don't buy the Chefs table because I can only drink a little alcohol and would not be able to enjoy the wines that accompany each course, but we do enjoy our meals in Prime C ( the chateaubriand is excellent) and Aqualina. Well worth the extra.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Absolutely!

And if you want to save money, check out our Specialty Dining Packages:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/specialty-dining-packages

Thanks for the replies.

Bonnie, you made an excellent suggestions. I assume we can use our OBC for a dining package, once on-board?

Thanks

Denise

Thanks for the replies.

Bonnie, you made an excellent suggestions. I assume we can use our OBC for a dining package, once on-board?

Thanks

Denise

Yes when you board there will be a table set up by the Speciality Restaurant team and you sign up for the package there - like everything you sign up for on board, it is charged to your account the same account as your on board credit is applied to. I think the three package deal is a good one

No advance booking for specialty dining - right ?

I'm not sure what you mean by "advance booking." You will need a reservation to dine at a certain time in a specialty restaurant. You make your reservations on board. Some night you will be able to walk right in, but most nights will will probably need a reservation. And I agree with the others that the specialities are a big cut above and very much worth the extra money, and also a very good use of your OBC. Bon appetit!