What is a good family beach in Cozumel?

Sky616

Looking for a nice relaxing day in Cozumel. We have an 8 yr old son. Is there a place with a kids' area? Any suggestions? The Cozumel board gave me a headache so I'm looking at you family experts.

Paradise Beach. Chairs are "free" as long as you buy some food or drinks. Lots of waiters at your service. Water toys available for use with purchase of an all-access wristband (water tramps, slide, iceberg mountain, etc...)

Massages available, and giant land tramp as well.

Lots to do and we always love it there!

CeleBrat

Yep, Celebrat is right - Paradise Island is a great choice for families.

I haven't been to that one yet, but we went to Passion Island (it's an excursion through the cruise line, only for cruise line guests). And we really loved Passion Island...I put all of the details here...

http://cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com/2009/02/passion-island-cozumel-mexico.html

The last person to go to Passion Island from this board came back to say that the child ATVs were being held back because someone had an accident. :( But those ATVs were a nice bonus for us, the kids loved those.

Can paradise beach be done on your own or thru the ships' tours as compared to Passion Island which cruisinmama said can only be done thru the ship? If I can do it on my own do you need to make a reservation? If not I'm assuming a cab would be the best way, Thanks.

Can paradise beach be done on your own or thru the ships' tours as compared to Passion Island which cruisinmama said can only be done thru the ship? If I can do it on my own do you need to make a reservation? If not I'm assuming a cab would be the best way, Thanks.

Yes, you can get to Paradise Beach by taking a taxi at the pier. :) Looks easy. I got these results and reviews when I looked at Trip Advisor....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d574699-Reviews-Paradise_Beach-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

My kids love Paradise Beach; we've been there twice and will be back again next February. Aside from a nice beach and water toys, there is a very good kid-friendly menu - it's on their website at http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/. And I love their yard-long margaritas.:D Michele's right (as usual!:)) - it is a very easy taxi ride from any of the piers.

Archived