2013 Cruise Brides

cascole

Hi All! I loved the 2012 cruise bride forum, so thought I would start one for 2013! :)

I just got engaged on Valentines day & we are planning to get married aboard Carnival Inspiration on July 5 2013. We thought a cruise weekend would be a great way to keep it simpler, celebrate & have fun with family & friends before going off on our honeymoon! (though I'm starting to think it's not as simple as I first thought!)

I have lots of time to plan, which may or may not be a good thing since I tend to over analyze everything!

I'm just starting this process, so am very thankful for the wisdom & insight of this board!

Hello all!

Looking to get booked for an Embarkation Wedding on the Conquest on April 21, 2013, sometime in this next week.

Super nervous! My future hubs and I have never been on a cruise before either!

I have already found out a ton of info on this board and looking forward to keeping in touch with you all, as we all help each other through this exciting process!

:)

Wow - so good to see more 2013 brides!

Hi,

I am getting married on April 29, 2013 on Carnival Inspiration :). You will find so much info on this board, and it has helped me with any worries that I had about having a cruise wedding.

Even another Inspiration bride! I'll be excited to see your photos next year! We are considering doing a weekend aboard this year to check things out as well. I had seen a few photos & am not big on the gold curtain as a backdrop in the lounge, but I guess I can live with it. :)

We're getting married in Ocho Rios on the 4/14/13 sailing of NCL Pearl!! Glad to see the other cruise brides for next year, and that I'm not the only one that plans these things 13months out :-D. Now to wait the 400 some odd days til I'm on that sandy beach!

I couldn't run the risk of not getting the date or package I wanted...so I get to wait 400 something days!

I will just have to live through everyone else's wedding between now and then :)

Congrats medicgirl! :)

FLblondi23 you are not alone!! I booked super early as well. We are getting married on the Carnival Paradise while it is in port in Grand Cayman. We set sail May 13, 2013 and get married on May 15, 2013. I'm sooooo excited, but have TONS OF TIME to wait!! ;)

FLblondi23 you are not alone!!... I'm sooooo excited, but have TONS OF TIME to wait!! ;)

We have also had loads of time to wait. We booked 570 days (19 months) out when the 2013 scheduled for Carnival was first released and only have 313 days (10.5 months) to go.

We have also had loads of time to wait. We booked 570 days (19 months) out when the 2013 scheduled for Carnival was first released and only have 313 days (10.5 months) to go.

OH WOW! 19 months! I know you were happy to get pass the 1 year marker!

Well we will all have to keep each other company on here to pass the time! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad to see so many 2013 brides. We're already booked for RCCL Explorer of the Seas 3/31/2013. We're getting married on a beach in Nassau Bahamas. I thought I was too early in planning but it's giving me time to rest. The groom n bridal party has to decide on their attire. The wedding coordinator has all the info on what needs to be done. Vendors are all booked:D

I forgot to put an update on this thread that my fiance and I booked the Deluxe Romance Package on the Carnival Imagination; we'll be getting married at the port of Miami on embarkation day on April 19, 2013! We're so excited! I've been working on a wedding web site, but that's about it so far.

Hello ladies!!

Possible 2013 bride here.

I've been engaged since June last year and my fiance and i have been having the hardest time deciding on our wedding. We are Australians living in Canada with my family in Canada with us and his family back in Australia. At first we were going to have a wedding back home in Australia but then I decided we are already overseas we should take advantage of that. Then we picked new York, but that was so hard and going to be soooo expensive and venues for small numbers were hard to find. Soooo this has lead me to something we already love doing... Cruising!

I'm looking at the oasis of the seas as ive been dying to go on it. The only thing that is bugging me is that I have to use the cruise lines photographers. Whilst they take lovely photos they are not the style of wedding photos I love.

What are you doing for your wedding photos??? Are you finding a cruise wedding & reception cost effective?

What are you doing for your wedding photos??? Are you finding a cruise wedding & reception cost effective?

We are using the photographer that comes on the ship and not worrying about it, but I've seen some pictures of brides on Carnival and their pics looked great!!

I am definitely finding that this is cost effective. We are doing the deluxe romance package on Carnival and I couldn't have found anything as inclusive and as cost effective anywhere in Orlando (where we live). Good luck with your planning!!

I'm not even engaged yet. How's that for early planning! LOL My boyfriend put a deposit on a ring we picked out a couple of weeks ago, so I feel better about planning as "pre-engaged."

I haven't been on a cruise in many years (before the rotovirus scares), so I am a little nervous. However, my boyfriend made the suggestion of getting married by a ship's captain and well, he has been the typical guy and not wanting to get involved, so the fact that he even suggested something is worth looking into.

The packages look pricey, as I was looking forward to a DIY wedding in Florida. I was thinking about Princess Cruises in April 2013 because of the web cam and getting the captain to marry us. But it sounds like I need to book ASAP!

Regardng the photography, yes we found it to be expensive. I didnt see the point in them doing the photography without us getting pictures included. We bought a decent camera and hubby2be's brother is going to do the photos for us. This way we are in control of the shots and can make our own photo book when we get home

I was married on the Carnival Legend in New York on May 29th 2005.

My husband and I have just booked the Carnival Legend sailing out of Venice, Italy on May 29th 2013 to celerate our 8th aniversary. Perhaps, I will plan a formal vow renewal.

The May 2005 wedding was wonderful, we were married in the Chapel and had the Deluxe Romance package reception in Piano Bar.

:o

• 4 weeks later...

Getting married january 12 2013 on Oasis of the Seas

any one out there done the Romance package since it changed back to RCCL hands from outsite source? Be glad to hear how it went or what has changed. they have me on hold for now.. maybe because of the change over. dying to hear of any other RCCl brides experiences. We are getting married on embarkation day and want to have the wedding dinner in the Chops restaurant at supper time vs right after the ceremony .

Hello all!

I am also a 2013 Bride getting married on the Carnival Dream on embarkation day Feb 9th. We booked back in December and I cannot believe we are finally under 300 days, woohooo!!! We are doing the deluxe romance package and have booked the DJ so we know the reception will be in the Caliente Dance club. We have 16 cabins booked so far with our TA and may have some more book although our group booking is now closed. I am such a planner and could not hold off so our OOT bags are just about done (except for the meds) My MOH, mom, and future MIL are flying into Charleston next month to go dress shopping with me, so excited!

Happy Planning :)

Hello fellow brides! I also am a 2013 bride. My fiancé proposed a couple weeks back on the Carnival Spirit during a photo shoot. We have decided on an embarkation day wedding, with the luncheon package either on the Splendor on Jan 19th Hawaii, or the Miracle Mexican Riviera on March 31st as a b2b. I'd really prefer the 15 day Hawaii, but there's a group block on all of the balcony and suite staterooms. I did this route on Princess and although i really detest Princess, the islands were fantastic, and the suite we had made up for Princess. I'm a seasoned cruiser and my fiancé just took his first which he LOVED! So I'd much rather do the Hawaii route again than Mexico, if we did Mexico, it would be my 9th and 10th cruises there! I'm kinda bored with it! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can get at least a balcony cabin. It will just be us and my parents sailing. A few of my guests have an Alaskan cruise just a few months later and my other guests have never sailed before, and I think 15 days is too much for beginner cruisers.

Archived