Arabian cruise

zapman

I don't know about Vision, but I'm booked on Splendour for the Arabian Gulf cruise at the end of March 2016. The suites were all sold out months ago and still a year to go.

I was looking forward to something quite different but I'm having second thoughts after reading your comments!

Hi All,

Can I ask why any of the above wouldn't cruise this area of the world. Is it distance from the states?

Pete

I guess you haven't been watching the news for the past 2 years or so. Too risky in my opinion with all those lunatics over there.

Thank you Suekay and LittleBritain, you've reassured me.

I've never heard of any troubles or lunatics in Dubai!! It's over a 1000 miles from Syria and over 2,500 miles from Libya.

LOL - that is why I suggested Geography 101 for some of the American contributors.....

Dubai is one of the safest places in the world.

Edited by little britain

Look at the Rhapsody Suez vruise in May. Starts in Dubai, 2 stops in Oman then through the Suez Canal.

I am really looking forward to the ports of call and may well book one of the Arabian cruises.

Pete

I'm on that cruise and really looking forward to it.

Raina

I would like to make the suggestion that some of you who claim to be too terrified of the boogey man "over there" to experience this amazing cruise, are the same ones who need it the most!

No one should pass judgement about Anything they haven't personally experienced, especially when your "source" is the slanted, sensationalist media. My goodness.

My favorite cruise all time was to the middle east, just 2 1/2 years ago. Guess what? We all survived, experienced amazing history and culture firsthand, and are all better people for it.

Grow up.

Edited by OSULabRat

• 1 month later...
I was waiting for these to come out. We are booked on the

Jan 2nd, 2017. Planning on spending New Year's Eve in Dubai.

Now I hope I can get the hotel that I want booked. It's all coming

into place.

Hi Cat Girl;

It is so funny... We are booked on the same cruise : Vision Jan 2nd-9th, 2017 from Dubai.

I was looking for some infos on the Arabian Gulf and cruises and stumbled upon this thread.

This is our first cruise in this region and we are pretty excited. I will need to do some research and hope to find out more about hotels, excursions.

Do you mind telling me which hotel you will recommend. We are a family of 3. DD will be 17 then. Should we book 2 rooms?

Looking forward to meet again on the roll call.

Bye,

Edited by stefanny28

Hi Cat Girl;

It is so funny... We are booked on the same cruise : Vision Jan 2nd-9th, 2017 from Dubai.

I was looking for some infos on the Arabian Gulf and cruises and stumbled upon this thread.

This is our first cruise in this region and we are pretty excited. I will need to do some research and hope to find out more about hotels, excursions.

Do you mind telling me which hotel you will recommend. We are a family of 3. DD will be 17 then. Should we book 2 rooms?

Looking forward to meet again on the roll call.

Bye,

email me at anita k 63 @ sbcglobal.net please so we can talk