Christmas Cruise

Jenjer

We are looking at booking the Escape for Christmas this year. We went on Getaway last summer and loved her.

We have never cruised over a holiday do they do anything special? I saw on the UDP that special Christmas and NYE dinner is not included. What is that and how much does it cost?

My kids will be 14 and 11 so no need for a visit from the big guy but some decorations would be nice.

I can't tell you what NCL will do for Christmas. We have sailed on them for Thanksgiving and other than dinner being a little bit fancier it was just like another day in port.

We have sailed on luxury lines for Christmas and other than fancier dinner it is just like any other day. We have spent Christmas day ashore at Prickley Pear simply enjoying the beach on a day that ship did their weekly beach BBQ.

All ships have a few decorations around, but they are always IMO minimal, but most holiday sailings every day is the same as any day on any sailing.

I think you will be pleased with Christmas decorating on NCL - trees, wreaths, gingerbread houses, garlands, fake snow, caroling, religious services on Christmas Eve, Santa on Christmas morning, etc. The dining rooms will offer turkey with all the trimmings. Mary Jane

I've cruised ncl at Christmas 3 times. They decorate the ships, bring Santa out with presents for all the kids and throw some good NYE parties. The experiences have differed. The pearl did a theatre holiday show which was great fun. The spirit had 4 parties on NYE and we never stopped dancing. The sun aimed their pool party at the teens and it was a little too boom boom music for us. We've sun Christmas carols in the atrium twice. We just love it.

I have done 2 Thanksgiving cruises, 1 Christmas cruise and 1 NYE cruise. Not gonna lie, I thought the 2 Thanksgiving cruises seem like any other cruise (tho you do get turkey dinner in O'Sheehans and MDR) while NYE was the best due to festivities at night on NYE. I was on the Epic for NYE cruise and it was so cool how they had monitors showing you activities in atrium, deck 17(?) forward and aft, and Bliss Lounge too. Unfortunately, I don't really remember my Christmas cruise as it was back in 2012. I recall passengers and staff were in a pretty cheerful mood.

We were on a Christmas cruise in the BA. It was beautifully decorated, as other posters have said. Before I went, this was a big deal to me, but once I was actually on the cruise, I lost track of what day it even was - I was on a CRUISE! I think once you decide to go away from home for the holidays, the actual "day" is less of a big deal, at least, that's how it went for my family.

I will be on that Escape cruise, Lord willing. I haven't been at Christmas on NCL but have on HAL and they do a nice job decorating: trees trimmed, wreaths, gingerbread houses, Santa, special Christmas music in the atrium, etc.

I have asked the question in regards to the UDP and how it will be affected by the statements you quoted and I never did see an answer. If there isn't at least one or two specialty restaurants available with regular menus the UDP won't be worthwhile to me. Hopefully someone will come through on this issue.

I hope you join us, it should be a great time and the kinks and bugs of a new ship should be ironed out by then.

I will be on that Escape cruise, Lord willing. I haven't been at Christmas on NCL but have on HAL and they do a nice job decorating: trees trimmed, wreaths, gingerbread houses, Santa, special Christmas music in the atrium, etc.

I have asked the question in regards to the UDP and how it will be affected by the statements you quoted and I never did see an answer. If there isn't at least one or two specialty restaurants available with regular menus the UDP won't be worthwhile to me. Hopefully someone will come through on this issue.

I hope you join us, it should be a great time and the kinks and bugs of a new ship should be ironed out by then.

I am excited to enjoy Escape having loved Getaway so much.

I am ready to go but my FIL is dragging his feet about going. Hoping he will make up his mind by next week.

If Christmas dinner is not included in the UDP and the Dinner show is not included it really does not seem worth it to me. I have to run the math. We had the UDP on Getaway and it was great but we got the illusionarium.

I am surprised that there is not more info about Christmas cruises.

I am excited to enjoy Escape having loved Getaway so much.

I am ready to go but my FIL is dragging his feet about going. Hoping he will make up his mind by next week.

If Christmas dinner is not included in the UDP and the Dinner show is not included it really does not seem worth it to me. I have to run the math. We had the UDP on Getaway and it was great but we got the illusionarium.

I am surprised that there is not more info about Christmas cruises.

I sure hope you have the opportunity to go. We will be trying out Getaway next week and looking forward to it. We also went at Christmas on Carnival one year and it was also decorated nicely so I don't doubt the ship will be looking great!