Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Carnival Cruise Lines
- Read thousands of Carnival Cruise Reviews
- Compare the best Carnival Cruise Deals
- Write a Carnival Review
- Find Your CARNIVAL Roll Call
See posts about:
Carnival Breeze
Carnival Elation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Liberty
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Splendor

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Fantasy
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Magic
Carnival Pride
Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Dream
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Sensation
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Valor

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Legend
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Victory

Old December 31st, 2011, 08:06 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default Redeeming a Future Carnival Vacation certificate

On my last cruise I bought a $100 FVC certificate. Now I am trying to book another cruise for May and am not sure how to redeem it. I always book online and there was no place where they asked if you had a certificate or voucher. The voucher says you can do this online-does anyone know how this works? Also, I am supposed to get a $50 OBC with a 5 days cruise which I am doing. THAT paper says to call Carnival or my travel agent which I don't have. Thanks for any help.

Carnival Fantasy April 2009
Carnival Fantasy July 2009
Carnival Elation May 2010
Carnival Triumph April 2011
Carnival Elation May 2011
Carnival Elation May 2012
Carnival Elation June 2013
Carnival Elation June 2014

Old December 31st, 2011, 08:30 PM
50,000+ Club

You just book as usual. There is a link to submit the FCC now after you are booked.

Its not like RCL or Princess, it doesnt go toward the deposit so they dont ask if you have a FCC or care.

Old December 31st, 2011, 08:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

I recently called Carnival and was told to access the form by going to www.carnival.com/fcv
You'll be able to enter the info there, and it will take up to 2 weeks for it to be processed.
Carnival Breeze, Legend, Valor, Splendor, Liberty, Glory (three times), Tropicale, Festivale (twice), Mardi Gras (twice); Celebrity Century; Disney Magic; Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas, Viking Serenade; NCL Seaward; Costa/Prestige Danae; Aloha Pacific Monterey

Old December 31st, 2011, 09:04 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwokidsmom View Post
I recently called Carnival and was told to access the form by going to www.carnival.com/fcv
You'll be able to enter the info there, and it will take up to 2 weeks for it to be processed.
I went to that link and now I have another question. I just now booked the cruise and in the link it asks for "Requestor" name-what is this? It won't take my name there but rather asks for it later. Thanks for your help!

Old December 31st, 2011, 09:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

I think I just entered my our last name. I had to put my full name in the next area as well. Hope it works for you.
Carnival Breeze, Legend, Valor, Splendor, Liberty, Glory (three times), Tropicale, Festivale (twice), Mardi Gras (twice); Celebrity Century; Disney Magic; Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas, Viking Serenade; NCL Seaward; Costa/Prestige Danae; Aloha Pacific Monterey

Last edited by mytwokidsmom; December 31st, 2011 at 09:15 PM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old December 31st, 2011, 09:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

I did mine on that link and just used my first name. Just so you know they are SLOW, it does not take 5-7 business days more like 21 and that was after I called 3 times. I submitted on the 7th and it wasn't credited until yesterday.

89-Dolphine Cruise Line, SS Dolphin IV 93-Carnival Fantasy 00-Carnival Imagination 01-Carnival Victory 03-Carnival Glory 05-Carnival Legend 11-Carnival Fascination
12-Carnival Ecstasy, 12-Imagination, 13-Dream

Old December 31st, 2011, 09:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

Joy, I get to rant (as a web developer) about Carnival's terrible user interface again. The "Requestor" is their idiotic term for a single name belonging to the person who is making the request (probably your first name, not last, with no spaces or it will be rejected by the stupid form). Take care to enter exactly the correct telephone number format (555)123-4567 and note that there is no space after the closing parentheses in the prefix. Then, when you're finished, don't be surprised if it will not submit.

You may have to use Internet Explorer to access and complete the form. Before filling out the form, clear your cache and cookies, and then go to the Tools tab on IE and click "compatibility mode" or whatever the item is called now, and add Carnival.com. Then it might work, or maybe not.

Now suspicious people will wonder why the form is so terrible, whether Carnival is hoping that you might give up and ultimately forget to redeem your future cruise certificate. Of course, you could use the postal service and send it in a certified letter, and then expect to see the results -- or not -- on your Carnival account within the next two to six weeks.

Funny thing is, nearly every other ecommerce site that I deal with handles gift cards, discounts, and certificates quickly and easily without browser issues or other shenanigans. At Amazon I simply enter the number of my gift card and the value appears within seconds on my account. This requires hiring a programmer who has at least passed his first Computer 101 course. Okay, rant over. Hope this helps.
Carnival Liberty 12-17-2011
Carnival Dream 11-13-2010
Carnival Valor 12-13-2009
Carnival Mardi Gras 12-25-1977

Old December 31st, 2011, 09:39 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkz View Post
Joy, I get to rant (as a web developer) about Carnival's terrible user interface again. The "Requestor" is their idiotic term for a single name belonging to the person who is making the request (probably your first name, not last, with no spaces or it will be rejected by the stupid form). Take care to enter exactly the correct telephone number format (555)123-4567 and note that there is no space after the closing parentheses in the prefix. Then, when you're finished, don't be surprised if it will not submit.

You may have to use Internet Explorer to access and complete the form. Before filling out the form, clear your cache and cookies, and then go to the Tools tab on IE and click "compatibility mode" or whatever the item is called now, and add Carnival.com. Then it might work, or maybe not.

Now suspicious people will wonder why the form is so terrible, whether Carnival is hoping that you might give up and ultimately forget to redeem your future cruise certificate. Of course, you could use the postal service and send it in a certified letter, and then expect to see the results -- or not -- on your Carnival account within the next two to six weeks.

Funny thing is, nearly every other ecommerce site that I deal with handles gift cards, discounts, and certificates quickly and easily without browser issues or other shenanigans. At Amazon I simply enter the number of my gift card and the value appears within seconds on my account. This requires hiring a programmer who has at least passed his first Computer 101 course. Okay, rant over. Hope this helps.
I just tried everything and of course it will NOT submit. My husband and I were just discussing the fact that Carnival probably makes it so much of a hassle so that people just say "to $%&* with it" and don't redeem it. My hubby is a retired computer engineer and I'm a teacher and we are both very computer literate and some of the stuff on their site is very outdated. I'm going to try to submit the way you suggested and if all else fails I'll go ahead and send it via registered snail mail. Thanks for all the help from everyone!

Old January 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM
Cool Cruiser

I just applied my FCC to my Destiny cruise yesterday. I was having the issue with the "compatability view" as well. I tried everything and could not get the form to submit. I called Carnival and they just submitted it for me and I received the confirmation e-mail. Because the cruise is already paid in full I asked if they could apply the entire $150 as OBC and was told "No" and that my credit card would receive a $100 credit. Wish Carnival could handle these things better. With NCL when you buy a FCC it is linked to your past guest number til you use it!!

Still To Come:

TBA - 10/2016

Been There Done That:
Carnival Valor - 4/2/06, Carnival Victory - 3/25/07, Carnival Miracle - 2/3/08, Carnival Victory - 3/29/09, Carnival Pride - 10/25/09, Carnival Glory - 3/21/10, Carnival Victory - 9/26/10, Norwegian Gem - 3/25/11, Carnival Freedom - 9/18/11, Carnival Destiny - 2/6/12, Carnival Miracle - 10/5/12, Carnival Breeze - 10/6/13, RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 9/28/14

Cruise ports visited: Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya, Ocho Rios, Limon, Colon, San Juan, St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Nassau, Freeport, Port Canaveral, Cozumel, St. Maarten, Great Stirrup Cay, Key West, Grand Turk, Halk Moon Cay, Falmouth

I cruise because I can...

Old January 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Call Carnival

Have them enter the information. Amazing how it works for them. GL

Old January 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

I could not get the link to work so called them and they put it thru for me.

Old January 1st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldenmusic View Post
I just tried everything and of course it will NOT submit. My husband and I were just discussing the fact that Carnival probably makes it so much of a hassle so that people just say "to $%&* with it" and don't redeem it. My hubby is a retired computer engineer and I'm a teacher and we are both very computer literate and some of the stuff on their site is very outdated. I'm going to try to submit the way you suggested and if all else fails I'll go ahead and send it via registered snail mail. Thanks for all the help from everyone!
when they first rolled out the link, many of us here were having to play detective to find the magic combination to get the website to accept our FCCs! Here's the tips I used:
  1. Use IE as your browser
  2. Once on the form webpage, but your browser in "Compatibility View"
  3. Requestor put your first name or last name or any comination as long as you don't use a space

To put your browser in compatibility view from the IE menu bar select, Tools - Compatibility View.

I used to work in IT as well as a business analyst, Carnival's site makes me cringe! I could never put something out so buggy!

Past Cruises ...
the ship name is a link to my CC trip review

Old May 27th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSQ View Post
when they first rolled out the link, many of us here were having to play detective to find the magic combination to get the website to accept our FCCs! Here's the tips I used:
  3. Requestor put your first name or last name or any comination as long as you don't use a space

To put your browser in compatibility view from the IE menu bar select, Tools - Compatibility View.

I used to work in IT as well as a business analyst, Carnival's site makes me cringe! I could never put something out so buggy!

Need to make this a sticky at the top of the forum.

In the comments field I suggested they hire a web developer.

Doug

Old June 24th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Cool Cruiser

This is why I have a great PVP. I just gave him my certificate number and all was done instantly. As much as I like to just fill things in on-line actually speaking with the same person each time I call is easier to get questions answered and know I'm not dealing with a 3rd party travel agent.

12/7/14 IMAGINATION B'day cruise
click ship-review
09/21/14 Carnival BREEZESpa
12/09/13 Carnival Imagination
09/09/13 RCI Majesty of the Seas
05/13/12 Carnival Victory FREE Suite
12/10/12 Carnival Imagination
09/23/12 Carnival LegendSLOT WINNER RevofWeek
12/05/11 Carnival ImaginationPLATINUM
09/10/11 Carnival Dream
W~A~T~P~O~P~W~U~A
01/07/11 RCI Monarch of the Seas
11/15/10 Carnival Imagination
09/27/08 Carnival Destiny
09/27/06 Norwegian Star Slot winner
02/12/05 Carnival Sensation

Old June 25th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSQ View Post

Today I tried to redeem my FCC online, and it wouln't do anything once I hit submit. Thanks to the above poster for these instructions...mainly the "compatibility view". It worked perfect!
RC Enchantment of the Seas - booked, Carnival Legend - August 2014, Carnival Victory - January 2014, Carnival Dream - October 2013, Carnival Victory - February 2013, Carnival Dream - September 2012, Carnival Paradise - January 2012, Carnival Dream - October 2011, Carnival Elation - February 2011, Carnival Dream - October 2010, RC Monarch of the Seas - January 2010, Carnival Sensation - March 2009, Carnival Destiny - October 2008, RC Sovereign of the Seas - August 2006, Carnival Inspiration - October 2005, Carnival Glory - August 2003, RC Sovereign of the Seas - September 2001, Carnival Imagination - June 2001, Carnival Fantasy - June 1998, Carnival Fantasy - August 1996

Old June 26th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

That's funny (ironic). I had a credit (percentage) for a future cruise due to a ship's cancellation, and was provided a website to enter the past info, new info, etc. Filled it all in, hit 'enter' and...nothing. Tried again....nothing. Tried a third time...you guessed it...nothing. Called Carnival, transferred to their IT dept. Voila! Credit applied.

That's not very nice.

Old August 9th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkz View Post

I love your comments. So true! And helpful! I was having issues with the form, but I clicked the compatibility view like you said and VOILA, it went through! Thanks!

Carnival Celebration September 2006
Carnival Legend November 2008

Old August 9th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Fcc

Like most everyone else said the best way is to call and do it on the phone. At least the FCC is better now than a couple years ago when I HAD to mail the certificate via certified mail which was a hassle and costly.

A wise man once said " Wherever you go, there you are "

Old August 9th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

I was lucky enough that when I called Carnival to book our next cruise I just gave her the number and it only 2 days for it to process.

Old August 9th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Cool Cruiser

It was a bit of a pain, since I usually use Mozilla Firefox. But when I used IE, it worked right away. The "requestor" space was a puzzler to me, too! I just put our last name. Our certificate was applied to our booking within three days. And we received $75 OBC for our six-day sailing.

Last edited by terri-eddie; August 9th, 2012 at 10:32 PM.