Compare Travelynx and Cocoa Beach Shuttle

GradUT

I have read the many threads about transportation between MCO and Port Canaveral and had narrowed my choices for a shuttle for myself and my traveling companion between Travelynx and Cocoa Beach Shuttle. (Car rental is not an option.)

I have called both companies. Travelynx charges 25 pp and Cocoa Beach Shuttle charges 27 pp (including the 10% discount for mentioning Cruise Critic).

We arrive around 9:30 am and both companies told me that they wait until they have a group who have landed around the same time going before they leave for Port Canaveral. Cocoa Beach said the wait time would be around 30 - 40 minutes. Travelynx would not specify a wait time.

My primary concern is a reliable company who will get us to Port Canaveral in the most efficient manner.

Does anyone have an experience (good or bad) with either company that I should consider before making my decision?

Many thanks!

I have read the many threads about transportation between MCO and Port Canaveral and had narrowed my choices for a shuttle for myself and my traveling companion between Travelynx and Cocoa Beach Shuttle. (Car rental is not an option.)

I have called both companies. Travelynx charges 25 pp and Cocoa Beach Shuttle charges 27 pp (including the 10% discount for mentioning Cruise Critic).

We arrive around 9:30 am and both companies told me that they wait until they have a group who have landed around the same time going before they leave for Port Canaveral. Cocoa Beach said the wait time would be around 30 - 40 minutes. Travelynx would not specify a wait time.

My primary concern is a reliable company who will get us to Port Canaveral in the most efficient manner.

Does anyone have an experience (good or bad) with either company that I should consider before making my decision?

Many thanks!

Travelyynx...to put it mildly is full of it! They told me the same thing, they loaded their bus and went from hotel to hotel even to a residental area, drove PAST our hotel and circled the business district...finally after 2 and a half hrs later they dropped us off. I dont know abt you, but my time is worth something. Go with a private service, and recieve door to door service. :)

I'm interested in seeing the posts as I was comparing to and narrowed it down to one of these two. I've read cocoa beach shuttle has been getting bad reviews, but I don't know. Hope we find some answers!

We just got back on Friday from the Monarch - stayed at the Courtyard that had a cruise package and travel lynx was the shuttle. I have only good things to say - they called me as we were getting our luggage, told me where to meet them(and our flight was 30 min late). Less than 10 minutes and they were there. Nice air conditioned ride to the hotel.....day of cruise right there to get us / I highly recommend :)

We used Travelynx on both of our cruises out of Canaveral. Each cruise they got us to our hotel pre-cruise and back to the airport post-cruise with no problem. I would definitely use them again. Probably couldnt go wrong with either- have a GREAT cruise!

We used Travelynx on both of our cruises out of Canaveral. Each cruise they got us to our hotel pre-cruise and back to the airport post-cruise with no problem. I would definitely use them again. Probably couldnt go wrong with either- have a GREAT cruise!

What hotel did you stay at the night before? We're thinking of doing the Hampton Inn for the cruise and snooze package and I know they use Travelynx. Thanks!

What hotel did you stay at the night before? We're thinking of doing the Hampton Inn for the cruise and snooze package and I know they use Travelynx. Thanks!

Country Inn and Suites. I highly recommend this hotel. It is clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and the staff is super helpful. There are several good restaurants within walking distance for dinner and the hotel includes a continental breakfast which was pretty good. Had more than just your bagels and fruit.

I have stayed at Hampton Inns before and they are pretty comparable. Which ever hotel you go with, have a GREAT cruise!

http://www.countryinns.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcape

Country Inn and Suites. I highly recommend this hotel. It is clean, comfortable, reasonably priced and the staff is super helpful. There are several good restaurants within walking distance for dinner and the hotel includes a continental breakfast which was pretty good. Had more than just your bagels and fruit.

I have stayed at Hampton Inns before and they are pretty comparable. Which ever hotel you go with, have a GREAT cruise!

http://www.countryinns.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcape

The GM now at CI&S is Sean Esposito and he has given me permission to post his email address for anyone that has any questions that he can help answer. I had the pleasure to meet Sean and what a super nice person and very accommadating with his guest.

His email is sean.esposito@countryinns.com

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...

DO NOT USE -ROYAL SHUTTLE, Cocoa Beach, FL http://www.royalcocoashuttle.com/ –. So I don’t waste any more time dealing with this company describing my problems, simply go to http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/shuttle-bus/royal-shuttle-in-cocoa-beach-fl-165929476 to see their F rating from the Better Business Bureau.

• 2 years later...

We’ve used Cocoa Beach Shuttle a few times and although they are very polite and reasonably priced they’re highly disorganized. Recently we used them for transportation from Orlando Airport to the cruise port in Cape Canaveral. Our driver there was very nice, and it was his first day. No complaints. However on the way back, we ended up in a line just behind a few people complaining that they’d been waiting 45 minutes. Finally, a man who reminded me of Mike Ermentraut from Breaking Bad led us to a full sized bus (vs. shuttle van) with no explanation. Our driver was completely mute the entire time. Every time we stopped he just got off with no explanation of where we were or what we were doing. We had to get off with him each time and ask. It was just ridiculous. Next time we’ll pay a little more and use a better rated service.

Until last year I lived in FL about an hour from the port. We used travelynx to go from our house to the port and had family that was going to the airport us them from the port to MCO. Travelynx uses small buses (large vans?) and it doesn't take long for them to fill up.

We were off the ship in the first group of passengers and there was never a wait of more than 5 minutes for the shuttle to fill up. I would recommend them as they were the only ones we used.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard good and bad things about both companies. I do not use shared shuttle myself, but i would definitely recommend to check which type of vehicle they use. The smaller the vehicle the better. I remember taking Disney shuttle from the airport (55 passenger motor coach) ... it took forever. So many people=so many stops=hours wasted. I prefer to save a bit more money and use a private car.