Cab fare from Hilton Riverside to port

ranchette

Yes, $7pp....we're at the same hotel cruising the Dream on Aug 23. I just called the concierge and he said there is no need to pre-book transportation, that there are always taxis outside - and that since the Hilton Riverside is the largest hotel in NOLA that there are many cabs that come often.

• 2 weeks later...

We also paid $7 per person from the ship to the JW Marriott. I think that is a standard fare to/from the hotels in the area.

I was surprised that it was $14 per person to the airport from the hotel. We had 4 people so we paid $56 to the airport. I also gave the driver a $20 tip because we had arranged with her to pick us up at 3:30 AM as our flight left at 5:30AM. Most of our other cab rides had the meter going and there was an extra charge of $3 and I am guessing it was because we had 4 people, but I honestly don't know.

We also paid $7 per person from the ship to the JW Marriott. I think that is a standard fare to/from the hotels in the area.

I was surprised that it was $14 per person to the airport from the hotel. We had 4 people so we paid $56 to the airport. I also gave the driver a $20 tip because we had arranged with her to pick us up at 3:30 AM as our flight left at 5:30AM. Most of our other cab rides had the meter going and there was an extra charge of $3 and I am guessing it was because we had 4 people, but I honestly don't know.

Downtown to the airport is a flat rate of $32 or 33 for two and only a few dollars for each extra.

Downtown to the airport is a flat rate of $32 or 33 for two and only a few dollars for each extra.

I agree with part of what you are saying. I have below the prices for cab fares in NOLA. I really wouldn't consider $14 per person a few dollars, but in the overall scheme of things, and at 3:30 in the morning, I guess it is.

NOLA CAB FARES

$3.50 plus $2.40 per mile or 25¢ for every 40 seconds of waiting time when cab is not rolling (stuck in traffic). $32.00 per hour chartered (within New Orleans city limits) with a minimum of 2 hours. Airport rates are as follows: 1 or 2 passengers for only $33.00. 3 or more passengers is only $14.00 per passenger.

Services - United Cabs