Your new co-host is........

Guest012

Me..........:D

Hey everyone Shiona here formerly known for many years as badgerbill, and I am very proud and humbled to announce I have been chosen to be the very first Australian/New Zealand host here on Cruise Critic.. by admission I am not only a cruise addict, having done well over 350 cruise days to many wonderful place's worldwide with various cruise lines, by some counts a newbie!!!, but a cruise critic addict as well...

Having been a member here since 2006 I hope that some of what I have learned through both past and current members and have passed on has been of some benefit to others...

Our cruise industry here is growing and growing and we all have so much to give to each other and to our new members so lets all work together in making our section of Cruise Critic "the place to go for cruise info" with this in mind I will be co hosting here with Host Walt watching to make sure we keep our boards as clean, honest and legitimate as humanly possible :D:D

I look forward to the continued and increased success of Cruise Critic here in our two beautiful countries and if i can help at all please feel free to contact me ...

Edited by Host Shiona

... I will be co hosting here with Host Walt watching to make sure we keep our boards as clean, honest and legitimate as humanly possible :D:D

I look forward to the continued and increased success of Cruise Critic here in our two beautiful countries and if i can help at all please feel free to contact me ...

The good part is that Shiona speaks Strine fluently and can easily handle Kiwi Akoroa English without missing a G'day mate(Aus) or a howdy (NZ).

For example she can sort out what it means to say that jandals (Kiwi) and thongs (Aussie) are not appropriate on formal night in the main dining room. (We call 'em flip flops).

And although I really like bugs in Cairns, the folks in Dunedin cringe when I try to order bugs instead of slipper lobsters.

Seriously, I've been watching the rapid expansion of the cruising industry in Australasia. But with the major lines establishing bases in Singapore (Princess Sapphire) and RCI, MSC and Princess announcing plans for bases in China in 2016, the growth of cruising and Cruise Critic participation in this part of the world will be huge.

I suspect Shiona will be one busy lady.

The good part is that Shiona speaks Strine fluently and can easily handle Kiwi Akoroa English without missing a G'day mate(Aus) or a howdy (NZ).

For example she can sort out what it means to say that jandals (Kiwi) and thongs (Aussie) are not appropriate on formal night in the main dining room. (We call 'em flip flops).

And although I really like bugs in Cairns, the folks in Dunedin cringe when I try to order bugs instead of slipper lobsters.

Seriously, I've been watching the rapid expansion of the cruising industry in Australasia. But with the major lines establishing bases in Singapore (Princess Sapphire) and RCI, MSC and Princess announcing plans for bases in China in 2016, the growth of cruising and Cruise Critic participation in this part of the world will be huge.

I suspect Shiona will be one busy lady.

:D:D we definitely live in a "check the meaning before you type " society now.... have been known to cheat and check with Mr. Google for meanings.... just in case i offend :eek::eek: