Laundry on Carnival Freedom

I'll be cruising for the first time ever on board Carnival Freedom (8/17/07 sailing). I understand that there are laundry facilities on board. Do they use change? If so, do they take American change or Euro change? Thanks in advance for the information!:)

I'll be cruising for the first time ever on board Carnival Freedom (8/17/07 sailing). I understand that there are laundry facilities on board. Do they use change? If so, do they take American change or Euro change? Thanks in advance for the information!:)

All Carnival ships have self laundry facilities on multiple deckes. The use US Quarters which can be obtained from the Purser's Desk.

We did laundry once, they had several rooms, but we were lucky the first one we tried was available. There were 4 washers and 4 dryers in the room. They took only quarters, which we got from pursers desk. Our suggestion is to buy some 'trial' sized Tide or other laundry soap, at the Walmart we saw them for .80, on board I think they were $2. Just pack them in a baggie in case they break open. We also brought our own cling free sheets in plastic baggies, they help if you get static cling on your dresses etc., (just rub the sheets on your panty hose etc) and we like the way they make the dryer load smell/feel better.

We had planned on doing the all you can stuff in a bag laundry day - but totally missed it, but doing laundry worked out a-ok :)

Have a great cruise, the Freedom is a beautiful ship, and the crew were amazing!

Oh, Mary, I forgot to ask. What is the "all you can stuff in a laundry bag" day? Sounds fairly ominous icon12.gif. Please advise. Thanks again!

Kroshka

In answer to your question about the "all you can stuff in a laundry bag" day. I will quote what it says in the Carnival Caper I just brought home from the 6/18/07 Carnival Freedom cruise.

SPECIAL LAUNDRY PROMOTION

Why do you own laundry? Please contact you Stateroom Steward for a Carnival Logo Bag. Place your selected clothing for wash, dry and fold in the bag. Your Stateroom Steward will collect the bag by 9:30am. Your freshly washed and folded laundry will be returned to your cabin by 7:00pm that evening. The special price for this limited service is $15 per bag. The offer must be limited to ONE BAG per cabin.

The secret to this offer is you must roll all of you clothes into very small rolls and stand each rolled item in the bottom of the bag. This way you can put a very lot of dirty clothes into the single paper bag and when they return it to you that night, in most cases they will return two or three paper bags of clean cloths.

They only put this offer out once during our cruise and it will be on Cruise Day #7 which will be you 2nd Fun Day at Sea,

Archived