Where to buy a Tag Heuer watch?

On the cruise I just returned from I saw a watch I liked. In Los Angeles it was US$270.00 on the ship and at Aruba and the Mexician ports visited it was within US$10.0 of US$170.00. At the premium outlets in Las Vegas at a genuine Fossil outlet it was US$99.00. This was the a Fossil brand of watch so I can't comment on the brand your husband wants but don't think that the shop on the ship is going to be the cheapest.

You'll find Tag Heur at the Little Switzerland stores across the Caribbean with, I believe, standard pricing at all of their stores.

I bought one of mine on St. Maarten at this Goldfinger, on Front Street, probably 12 years ago. Besides the then current catalog they had several from the prior line that I preferred. They also have another shop at the other end of Front Street.

My other Tag came from our local Costco.

gary

I, recently, in February, got my Tag Heuer in Aruba and got a better price at a local store rather than Little Switzerland and there was more of a selection. Usually your port papers that HAL will probably distribute, usually tells all the places for the different brands of watches. I suggest you check out all before buying.

Now back to your question. A couple of years ago, I purchased a Philip Stein watch(do love the two faces as we live in two different time zones and the fact you can change the bands) and found better buying experience in St. Maarten. Two things. St. Thomas' selections were minimum around $150+ more than I paid in St. Maarten. Also, you can negogiate in St. Maarten and the best thing of all, the crowds are so much less in St. Maarten!

Pooh

My husband wants a Tag Heuer watch. We'll be on RCCL in June going to both St. Thomas and St. Martin. Any recommendations on the best place to purchase a watch?

Grand Jewelers in St. Thomas. Deal with Navin-owner. We've been buying from him for years. You will not be disappointed. Carole

My husband was looking at a Tag in St. Maateen thinking he would find a good deal. Anyways, found it MUCH cheaper on Amazon!! Don't get sucked into the whole "duty free, I think its cheaper" in the Caribbean mode. Be sure to know your prices before you go!!!

My husband was looking at a Tag in St. Maateen thinking he would find a good deal. Anyways, found it MUCH cheaper on Amazon!! Don't get sucked into the whole "duty free, I think its cheaper" in the Caribbean mode. Be sure to know your prices before you go!!!

So true. Tag will not allow big discounts, so your only savings might be the tax. Better selection at home, IME, and you can always ask for a discount at your local jewelers.

Please make sure that you are buying from an authorized dealer. There are a number of web sites that sell Tag watches over the internet but they generally come with a store warranty and are gray market. This is especially true if you intend to purchase a watch with an automatic movement. Most dealers discount about 15% for current stock. I purchased a Tag Carrera on a different cruise line and they also were kind enough to include a watch winder. St. Thomas has a higher duty free allowance then St. Martin. Have fun they are great watches

I am thinking about Buying this Watch at Goldfinger in St. Martin. My Rolex was Purchased in Beverly Hills CA, and I recieved a 10% discount. Who has any advice. I am going on a Royal Cruise in Sept.

Thanks,

Jon P aka lance32

AMA Jewelers on Front St. in St. Marteen is where my buddy bought his.

Hard to tell if you're referring to Rolex or Tag in this post, but I don't remember AMA selling either. I thought that they were more of a Citizen Watch kind of place.

gary

• 1 month later...
I am thinking about Buying this Watch at Goldfinger in St. Martin. My Rolex was Purchased in Beverly Hills CA, and I recieved a 10% discount. Who has any advice. I am going on a Royal Cruise in Sept.

Thanks,

Jon P aka lance32

I just bought a Rolex last week at Goldfinger in St. Martin. 20% cheaper than in the states. They don't negotiate. The price is set by rolex and was the same price in St. Thomas. I saved about $1200 not including the tax!!

p.s. if you know what watch you want, call ahead and make sure they have it. If they don't, your out of luck, as you can't buy it and have them ship it to the US. good luck!

I would not buy a watch in the Carribean. Many time you can find them cheaper in the states. The Big probem is that a lot of the dealers are not authorized dealers and if you buy from them then Tag or Rolex or Patek Phillipe etc will not honor any warranty.

B.

Archived