Freedom Europe 2009 Sailings Cancelled

faeriechick

Well, I guess all the people that thought Europe was the goldmine for Carnival were wrong.

Did they say why?

I'm guessing that when Carnival came up with the Europe strategy that had no idea how myopic, stupid and expensive the airlines would get.

Not to mention the whole US Dollar thingy.

I'm guessing that when Carnival came up with the Europe strategy that had no idea how myopic, stupid and expensive the airlines would get.

I am just happy that our cruise to Europe is still a go. I can't even imagine how the pax think of their cruise being canceled. I just booked all of our excursions this morning and since April, most of them have gone up at least $10.00.

Yes, but Im talking about several posters in the last couple of weeks that said carnival would either park ships :confused: or send them over to Europe because of fuel costs.

Im betting Uncle Bob is glad he got out when he did. Uncle Gerry is going to have to make some tough choices in the coming years.

I wish all the news of the day was presented this clearly! They should just say what they mean, like big_duck!

Looking at the letter that's going to be sent out, it does not give a reason. But I'm with the other poster. I think it may be a fuel/air cost issue.

That makes sense. I know for my Panama cruise I had to take cruise air as I couldn't find anything close to that price. Just have to keep looking

I agree. The shipyards have been finishing ships earlier and earlier. Would make sense to keep the Dream in Europe.

I just dont see how they can get a ship scheduled to be completed in Oct of 09 ready for May of 09. Maybe she will be done by late August, but that still seem a bit to early for a new ship design, that could have a few bugs to work out.

Guess we will have to stay tuned :)

In the past they have gotten the ships done about a week or two earlier than planned.

I just dont see how they can get a ship scheduled to be completed in Oct of 09 ready for May of 09. Maybe she will be done by late August, but that still seem a bit to early for a new ship design, that could have a few bugs to work out.

Guess we will have to stay tuned :)

Maybe not May, but I could see it being ready in late July or August. CCL may rather forfeit 2 months of Europe cruises on the Freedom (about 6-7 cruises) instead of having 3 ships over there for a good chunk of the season. Instead, they could get 8-10 weeks of 7-night Caribbean cruises (on their newest ship in the Caribbean) and just wait until the Dream innaugurates.

Ohh, the speculation...

And I was just reading this morning that Europe was the area that was the hot spot for bargains, as it just wasn't selling anymore. They were offering free airfare and rock bottom prices.

So much for that option.

Archived