LOCAL VILLAGE BAR vs. JACK'S SHACK Grand Turk

FloatingSunGoddess

Pics taken while there...

Thanks so much for the update! I was there in May and the bar and pool were closed. We were very disappointed, as the Crew Bar has been one of our very favorite spots in GT. Headed back for 5th time in January....I hope the bar and pool will still be open!

When we were there we wanted to go to the Village bar but it was a ghost town. nothing open. we ended up on the beach and ordered a bucket of beers from the vendor which costs $45 for 6 beers. Never again! Looking forward to going back and trying Jack's Shack or M'ville.

• 7 months later...

We were in GT on the 12th and spent our time there at one of the deck tables (no charge) at Jack's. Our waiter was friendly, drinks were good and the jerk chicken was DELICIOUS! We're animal lovers so we loved the dogs and cats. The atmosphere was very laid back and casual.

If you prefer a rowdier surrounding, M-ville is the place for you. It was ROCKIN when we walked thru on our way back to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
Are there any other bars and/or pools open between Jacks and Margaritaville?

I'm interested too. I've seen the price of Jack's and I'm not up to paying Margaritaville prices (I found Jack's menu prices pretty high).

Village bar or Crew bar ... any other bars opened between M'ville and Jack's??

We just got back and had a great time at Jimmy's jerk. It's a really small round yellow shack. Free chairs, umbrellas and wifi. Awesome food and great prices. The rum punch was $4 and Turk head beers $3. Lots of ship crew members there and nice beach. Between MVP AND JACKS.

I have pictures and will be posting within the next day. You will be able to tell that it is a fairly close walk between M-ville and Jack's Shack. There are a few places in between. I heard Governor's Beach to the north is also very nice.

We just got back and had a great time at Jimmy's jerk. It's a really small round yellow shack. Free chairs, umbrellas and wifi. Awesome food and great prices. The rum punch was $4 and Turk head beers $3. Lots of ship crew members there and nice beach. Between MVP AND JACKS.

That is where we spent our day too. Very cold beer since he puts some in the freezer to sell. Cheapest we found on the beach.

Done..

7d Royal Caribbean

7d Celebrity

10d Princess

21d Carnival

75d Holland America

Next..

21d Carnival Triumph

PRECISELY what I'm looking for. Thank you!

Was in GT last year and Jack's is cool but I want something different.

Edited by TheTravelista

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Jack's Shack was the highlight of our cruise. It's a great place to have a beer or get something to eat while the cruise ship mass of people drink expensive drinks at other bars on the island. Jack's offers a place to relax and reminds me of a local bar when everyone is there to have a good time. Some posts said it's expensive, well I didn't see another place with four dollar beers which by the way are Jack's own label. That's why the Island local's eat there and why the day I was there I saw several people who work on the ship getting food and having a beer there. But don't tell too many people how great it is on your cruise or it will be over whelmed and will loose it's charm. Jack's Shack is what people dream of, a guy from cold New England goes to an island meets a girl, buys a small piece of land and opens a bar on the sandy beach. Who hasn't had that dream after a tough day at work working to reach old age so we can someday retire.everything else on the cruise was like Disney land home of the plastic mouse, unreal and what everyone on a cruise gets to do and see. Jack's is the real deal. A ten minute walk from ship and a world away from the mass of cruise shippers.

I know this thread was started years ago and I have read all the comments. What a big range of opinions on these places (mainly Jacks Shack). It seems like you love it if you catch him on a good day and hate it if it's a bad day for him.

We plan on just walking up and down the beach, maybe trying each place out? But not sure yet. I definitely don't want to walk to Jack's and have to pay $5 for a chair and then not like it and leave to find another place...which seems like they are free to use.

So did anyone ever figure out if the Village and the Crew places are still opened? Did they change hands or maybe renamed? Does it cost to use the pool at the Crew?

Anyone have any menus or pricing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We were just in Grand Turk last week. We didn't make it down to Jack's but stopped in at Island Jerk. We had a great experience. We drank several $3 beers and had some delicious conch fritters, jerk chicken and jerk pork.

We just sat at a table under and umbrella and enjoyed the view. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful.

I would recommend it.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I don't have time to read all the postings, and we will be there in less than two weeks. but here is my question.

Since we don't drink, does the Local Village have soda pop? What kind of food do they serve, and the prices?

• 1 year later...