The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

12615232_10208376419145906_7651647829365869314_o.jpg

Just made this one from my junk drawer for free in 5 minutes, lol! Has the advantage of not needing pins too, because if you stretch it out, you can stick items between the bands and they are held fast! And I made it "rainbow" lol! And of course picture a bikini top, not a glove, ha ha!!

Edited by Familygoboston

I just bought 20 bungee cords for under $10 that could work for that and holding my balcony door open as well as strapping two cases of liquor to a rolling cart on my return from St. Maarten & St. Croix. :D

Or you can just buy a traveling clothesline for $5. lol

Edited by ChucktownSteve

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the two accessible veranda cabins on deck 6 are now designated as accessible N2s. Same size as other N2s as the old accessible veranda cabins were another half a cabin size larger, but I guess with the new CC suite furniture, wider self propelled door and roll in bathroom and ramped balcony access.

Phil

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the two accessible veranda cabins on deck 6 are now designated as accessible N2s. Same size as other N2s as the old accessible veranda cabins were another half a cabin size larger, but I guess with the new CC suite furniture, wider self propelled door and roll in bathroom and ramped balcony access.

Phil

Be sure not to accidentally hit the self-propelled door button when exiting the bathroom au naturel.:eek:

This is another video of a V2 veranda cabin recently posted since refurb:

Phil

In this video it appears that the shelf under sink in bathroom is not completed yet. Saw a different veranda video of 7086 and it shows shelf under sink . Sure hope they have shelves in all and not just the small 2 shelf over toilet area.

What seems strange to me from the videos and photos I've seen is that the opportunity wasn't taken to replace switches, sockets and room thermostats so against the newness of the redone cabin they look old and yellowish. Brand new electrical fittings would have set the whole effect off better in my view.

Phil

In this video it appears that the shelf under sink in bathroom is not completed yet. Saw a different veranda video of 7086 and it shows shelf under sink . Sure hope they have shelves in all and not just the small 2 shelf over toilet area.

There is one shelf under the sink and it only had one door on it. I am not sure if there was supposed to be another - that might still be coming. On the other wall, there are 3 shelves for incidentals but the shelves are only a couple of inches deep and about a foot wide. There are also the small holders in the shower. Hope that this helps.

Thanks crafteecruiser. Good to know that bathroom storage has not been cut back. I will miss the mirrored corner cabinet though but love that there is a makeup mirror on the side . Do you know if one side of mirror magnifies ?

Sharon

Thank you for all the information on here, it's truly amazing ( pardon the pun ) for a first time cruiser on Azamara Journey . We have a long wait until our cruise in January 2017 but will be reading everything that can be thrown at us. Once again thank you .

Thanks crafteecruiser. Good to know that bathroom storage has not been cut back. I will miss the mirrored corner cabinet though but love that there is a makeup mirror on the side . Do you know if one side of mirror magnifies ?

Sharon

There is a mirror (which I think would be the makeup mirror) up on the wall to the right of the sink. It has a magnifier on the back. I moved my makeup to the desk area in the bedroom. The hair dryer is there with plugs and there is a mirror up on the wall to use.

This information is current as of now - we were on the first cruise after drydock. Each day, something 'new to us' showed up and some things never came. They are still making changes so I don't know what the final design will be.

Edited by crafteecruiser

The following notes are in reference to a deck four accessible ocean view stateroom:

(1) There is absolutely NO bathroom storage of any kind ... no shelves, no built-ins, nothing. The sink is large and wheelchair accessible. But the top is curved and slanted in such a way that is is almost impossible to sit anything on it.

(2) There is a pullout clothesline in the shower.

(3) There is an electrical outlet in the bathroom, but it CANNOT be used for a nightlight as it has been wired into the bathroom light switch ... turnoff the bathroom light and the outlet goes off also!

(4) The single hanging bar in the closet is a low one ... far to low to hang a woman's dress or a pair of long pants without folding them over a hanger.

(5) The grab-bars in the bathroom are NOT ADA compliant grab-bars. Grabbed one to steady myself when the ship rolled and it pulled out of the wall.

That's all for now ... more later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The following notes are in reference to a deck four accessible ocean view stateroom:

(1) There is absolutely NO bathroom storage of any kind ... no shelves, no built-ins, nothing. The sink is large and wheelchair accessible. But the top is curved and slanted in such a way that is is almost impossible to sit anything on it.

(2) There is a pullout clothesline in the shower.

(3) There is an electrical outlet in the bathroom, but it CANNOT be used for a nightlight as it has been wired into the bathroom light switch ... turnoff the bathroom light and the outlet goes off also!

(4) The single hanging bar in the closet is a low one ... far to low to hang a woman's dress or a pair of long pants without folding them over a hanger.

(5) The grab-bars in the bathroom are NOT ADA compliant grab-bars. Grabbed one to steady myself when the ship rolled and it pulled out of the wall.

That's all for now ... more later.

The grab bar coming out of wall is not a good thing! That is worrisome if it is held in place with chewing gum. I see injuries ensuing:eek:

The grab bar coming out of wall is not a good thing! That is worrisome if it is held in place with chewing gum. I see injuries ensuing:eek:

We've got one reported grab bar failure. Yes, that is not a good thing and should not have happened -- but let's not over-react as happened with the one broken toilet seat that became an entire ship of seat-less toilets!

no bathroom storage at all!? not even a medicine cabinet? what did you do?

Liz

Nada ... Nothing 😱

We always travel with an over-the-door hanging shoe storage. The pockets work great for all the bathroom odds and ends.