Deluxe Reef Snorkel & Beach Combo RCCL

brownieldr

Going on the Jewel on March 20. Has anyone enjoyed the "Deluxe Reef Snorkel and Beach Combo" offered by RCCL? It has two boat snorkel stops at Paraiso and Dzul Ha Reefs then to Playa Mia Beach for lunch and sun. I have been to Playa Mia when it was called Playa del Sol so I know what this beach is all about. I am interested to find out how long the snorkeling lasted at the two stops and if the reefs offered lots to see :) I will be taking my 15 year old daughter and I would like to make the most of the day.

Thanks

Debra

OK...I quess no one booked this trip. Has anyone been to either of these snorkel areas and are they worth visiting. Thanks for reading. Booking trips are always stressful for me. The one day in each port is so short and you don't want to make a costly mistake.

Thanks again

Debra

OK...I quess no one booked this trip. Has anyone been to either of these snorkel areas and are they worth visiting.
Dzul Ha easily snorkeled from shore at little of no cost other than paying for the taxi. They do like it if you buy some food/drinks from them however. They also have snorkel gear to rent if you don't have your own. There are other sites to snorkel from shore just south of there as well, but Dzul Ha is supposed to be the best. Taxi there should run you about $6 (not per person either but for 4 people) from the southern cruise docks. I'd go to Dzul Ha first, snorkel there for a while then head south to either http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches_/beach_playauvassur.htm for some more snorkeling if you didn't get enough or directly to one of the southern beach clubs like Paradise beach or Mr. Sancho's if you have kids and want the water toys and such. If you want a quiter beach club then perhaps Nachi Cocom would be a better choice for you. If you want really layed back, the Playa Palancar is the place for you (mmmm, good fish tacos there).

All the beaches are described at: http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches/

And also look at http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/Beaches.htm for good information about the West side beaches.

Booking trips are always stressful for me. The one day in each port is so short and you don't want to make a costly mistake.

So unless you just have to have the comfort of knowing that the ship won't leave without you if you are late and are willing to pay for it by taking one of their excursions, then I think you would be financially better off doing your own thing, at least on Cozumel where doing your own thing is pretty easy. Another benefit of the taxi snorkel and beach tour is that you get to go at your own pace. If the snorkeling is good, you can stay as long as you like, if it tires you quickly, then you can go to the next place on your tour.

I hope this helps. If you still plan on going with the ships excursion, then yes, at least Dzul Ha is an excellent place to snorkel and worth seeing.

Archived