HELP - permission form needed for minor child traveling with a friend's family

karen116

Hi - I know i've seen this topic on here before....... My daughter will be traveling with a friend and her family on a cruise. Does anyone have the site where i can access the permission form giving the family authorization to take her on the cruise out of the country? Another snag - i'm looking for a form that only one parent will need to sign as I have sole custody of my daughter. Thanks for your help

We just had my daughter's friend's parents sign a letter and had it notorized. We never had to show it to anyone. But we had it just in case. You could probably just include a copy of the custody papers with it. I didn't have an actual form, just a notorized letter that her parents wrote giving permission to leave the country and permission to have her medically treated if necessary.

Hope this helps.:)

We just had my daughter's friend's parents sign a letter and had it notorized. We never had to show it to anyone. But we had it just in case. You could probably just include a copy of the custody papers with it. I didn't have an actual form, just a notorized letter that her parents wrote giving permission to leave the country and permission to have her medically treated if necessary.

Hope this helps.:)

Thank you so much - i thought i needed an official form

Hi - I know i've seen this topic on here before....... My daughter will be traveling with a friend and her family on a cruise. Does anyone have the site where i can access the permission form giving the family authorization to take her on the cruise out of the country? Another snag - i'm looking for a form that only one parent will need to sign as I have sole custody of my daughter. Thanks for your help

Even though you have sole custody, unless the other parents rights have been terminated you are going to need a second signature. (Of course Carnival may let you go without it but it is not likely).

Even though you have sole custody, unless the other parents rights have been terminated you are going to need a second signature. (Of course Carnival may let you go without it but it is not likely).

This is so not true! (speaking from experience here, not just spouting off).

Carnival pulled their suggested form several years ago, on advice from their legal beagles, I suppose. They also will not give you any specific information as to what is required to actually get on board with a minor child.

There is no better time to have an attorney draft a legal document authorizing travel and have it notarized and in hand. We've had the experience twice, and each time the agent at the desk when we signed in read each and every line of the document before proceeding. Don't have a great time turn out bad because you got "advice" from folks that don't have a clue. Talk to your lawyer. Each state is different, and each port is different.

This is so not true! (speaking from experience here, not just spouting off).

Carnival pulled their suggested form several years ago, on advice from their legal beagles, I suppose. They also will not give you any specific information as to what is required to actually get on board with a minor child.

There is no better time to have an attorney draft a legal document authorizing travel and have it notarized and in hand. We've had the experience twice, and each time the agent at the desk when we signed in read each and every line of the document before proceeding. Don't have a great time turn out bad because you got "advice" from folks that don't have a clue. Talk to your lawyer. Each state is different, and each port is different.

Thank you so much - i think that i will have a legal document drawn up. She'll be leaving on the 29th of June.

We've been on three cruises in the last two years and haven't had a problem, both of my kids have their passports and we've never been stopped, or asked or even questioned.

Archived