2013 Alaska REVIEW (Celebrity Solstice)

Boo's Mom

May I recommend 13 Coins? It's close to the Seattle airport. It's a fancier restaurant so plan to dress nicely or you'll feel way out of place......( not tuxedo's but not baggy jeans either).......

Steak and Seafood are their specialties. Google them for their address and more info.......

Thanks, Steve-O! Appreciate the recommendation.

Did the ship use tenders in Juneau? I read sometimes it docks and if it tenders it's better to book an excursion through CL to avoid tender ticket lines. We will be on the Solstice Aug 30 and are still on the fence as to book excursion independently. Thanks

Did the ship use tenders in Juneau? I read sometimes it docks and if it tenders it's better to book an excursion through CL to avoid tender ticket lines. We will be on the Solstice Aug 30 and are still on the fence as to book excursion independently. Thanks

The Solstice did tender in Juneau.

You can still book an independent excursion.

Just have to plan well, and don't plan for the excursion to start too early, so that you have time to disembark the ship.

If you happen to be in a suite, they will give you priority tender status,

and also if you are Elite (Captain's Club).

The tendering process is a well oiled machine.

They are moving lots of passengers very quickly.

Debbie,

I think you are going to be docking in Juneau. We are on the sailing one week before you 8/23. Our sailing is tendering in Juneau, and from what I have read the Solstice tenders every other week. If this is still the case, then you will be docking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the great review! We leave this Thursday for the same cruise! Did you try to use cell phones at all in any of the ports in AK? I know service will depend on your carrier and that it probably will be spotty, but just wondering about others experiences. Again, thanks for the great review!

Wondering if you went to the captain's club before dinner if there was a cocktail hour with other elite or suite guests, or if you received coupons to use at other bars and, if so, how many did you get?

Wondering if you went to the captain's club before dinner if there was a cocktail hour with other elite or suite guests, or if you received coupons to use at other bars and, if so, how many did you get?

We only went to one event. But - there were events every evening.

No coupons.

We were on last weeks sailing of the Solstice and tendered in Juneau.

They said they would start handing out tender tickets at 1:30 in the Entertainment Court on Deck 4. I got in line at 12:30 and there were about 15 or so people ahead of me. They started early at 1:15. We got tender ticket #8 and had just enough time to go to our stateroom and get our stuff before they were calling our number.

I recommend having somebody get in line early. Only one person has to get in line and they give you as many tender tickets as you ask for.

We will be sailing on the Solstice May of 2014.

1.Could you please tell me which Pier Celebrity Solstice sails from and

2.What time did you disembark the ship on the return? How long was the drive from the Pier back to the airport? We are trying to figure out what is the earliest flight we can safely book to fly back to Dallas? What time was your flight?

Thanks!

Julie

2.What time did you disembark the ship on the return? How long was the drive from the Pier back to the airport? We are trying to figure out what is the earliest flight we can safely book to fly back to Dallas? What time was your flight?

Thanks!

Julie

Hi Julie.

The Solstice sailed from Pier 91.

We disembarked the ship around 930am. We could have gotten off earlier if we needed to.

The drive to the airport was about 20, give or take.

Our flight departed Seattle at 1230.

I wouldn't recommend booking a flight any earlier than 12.

It's just safer that way.

Often, flight times change from when you purchase them. Especially, if you purchase way in advance, like we always do.

Edited by Boo's Mom

Thanks!

Julie

Hi Julie,

Having just getting off the ship on Friday (8/31) around 9:15, we were not in any rush, we had a redeye flight back home and we rented a car to tour Seattle. But I will say the lines for taxis were extremely long, so judge your timing for your flight. People were self embarking as early as 7.

You will love the cruise!

Thanks.

I believe you said you had to contact another company for the 2nd boat? Was that Aurora or were the original company.

I appreciate your feedback.

I see a lot of recommendations for Northern Lights however they don't work on Sundays and that is when we're in Ketchikan.

Thanks.

I believe you said you had to contact another company for the 2nd boat? Was that Aurora or were the original company.

I appreciate your feedback.

I see a lot of recommendations for Northern Lights however they don't work on Sundays and that is when we're in Ketchikan.

Aurora is the first company we booked with.

Not sure of the 2nd one.

Everything happened so fast with finding them, booking, etc...

We have fished with Northern Lights before. Ken is excellent.

Plenty of nightlife on the ship, one night there was a 60's party, the following night they had a 70's party. They had a dj playing in the nightclub. The martini bar had a lot of action going on every night. Lots of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app