DCL Transfers Back to MCO

kurukthemal

Somewhere on their website it gives you a time that your flights should be.

If I'm remembering correctly, nothing before noon.

It's almost an hour from the ship to MCO.

I'd also take advantage of the onboard flight checkin and luggage service that Disney offers.

You set your luggage out the night before and you see it again the next day at your home airport.

(check to make sure the airline you are using is listed)

They also print your boarding passes for you and have them in your room the night before.

GREAT SERVICE!

On disembarkation day, we are using DCL transfer/bus back to MCO. What time would we be leaving Port Canaveral and how early can our flight be?

Thanks!

DCL recommends flight after noon. But they will book people on 11:30 flights. I wouldn't go any earlier than that, although some have and have made it.

You will be assigned to breakfast the last morning according to your dinner seating. I think the early seating is 6:45 and the late 8:00 (or close to those times). Or you may choose to eat at the buffet the last morning. They don't announce that it's open, but it is. They server until 8:00, but you may remain there until 8:30.

Once you have disembarked, you will claim your bags, go through customs, and exit the terminal. Depending on the airline you are using and flight time you have, you may be elegible for onboard checkin. If you do onboard checkin, you will leave your bags outside your room the last night and you won't see them again until you get to your home airport.

You will be directed as to which bus to get on to go the airport. As the busses fill, they depart, not really at set times.

:)

Thanks all for the info. We will be flying Southwest and I am making the flight reservations directly myself. Does that matter?

As long as you are doing DCL transfers, you can do the onboard checkin, if you qualify.

Here's some more information about it:

When you register for Onboard Airline Check-In, you are entitled to:

-Receive your boarding passes and check your luggage for your return flight before you disembark the ship

-Skip luggage claim at the port terminal

-Bypass the airline check-in counter at the airport

-Here's how it works: Reserve air or ground transportation through Disney Cruise Line® and sign up for Onboard Airline Check-In when you check in for your cruise at the port or a Walt Disney World® Resort Hospitality Desk. On the day prior to disembarkation, your airline boarding passes and valet luggage tags will magically be delivered to your stateroom, along with a letter answering common questions you may have. Attach the tags to your luggage and leave your bags outside your stateroom the evening prior to disembarkation. Disney Cruise Line® will collect and deliver your luggage to your airline. When you arrive at Orlando International Airport, proceed to security with your boarding passes already in hand and continue on to your scheduled departure gate. It's that simple!

-Available to Guests flying out of Orlando International Airport on domestic flights (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) on AirTran Airways, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines, United/Ted Airlines and US Airways it's the perfect ending to a magical cruise vacation! Pre-registration is required and scheduled flights must be after 11:25 a.m. on the day your cruise ends. Guests are limited to two bags per person and each piece must not exceed 50 lbs. Additionally, some Guests may be selected to check in at the airport and unable to use this service.

As you can see, Southwest isn't a participating airline. So, you wouldn't be eligible for the onboard checkin. You will claim your bags in the terminal, take them through customs and hand them over to the bus driver. Then, once you reach the airport, claim your bags again from the driver, and take them yourself to checkin at the airport.

I have made the return flight reservations and we are scheduled to depart MCO at 1pm. I am cancelling the DCL transfers because I really wanted to never see my luggage again until we go home, but we are flying Southwest. That said, I am going to use Happy Limo as we had good success with them in the past. So, my new question is what time should I have them come to the port to pick us up? Thanks for all the guidance!

Archived