Anyone else struggling with these Southern itinearies?

KPfromCT

Happy Sunday, fellow CC'ers:D:D:D

We are finally doing our dream itinerary on the Breeze, in July.

But, MAN, I am STRUGGLING with what to do.

We are travelling with our friends, so there will be (4) in their mid-forties, and then our DD's, who are 15.

We just like NICE beaches, with chairs, umbrellas, snacks, and drinks.

We are easy to please.....:D

And we also like to do the normal souvenier shops, ie; t-shirt, magnets, keychains, etc.

Grand Turk, no problem. Margartiaville/Jack's Shack

Dominican- NO CLUE!!!!!

Curacao (weird hours) 2-11 Would like to do some beach time and then freshen up on the ship, and head back out for drinks, overlooking the ship all lit up at night.

Aruba-Sounds like Palm Beach is the "FUN" beach, but WHERE?

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you, ALL!!!!!!

Curacao has a resort row near the aquarium, all excellent beaches.

hours are not the best- perhaps look on the destinations board or TRIP ADVISOR for ideas.

Aruba - lots of beaches. Baby is one. Get off boat, take taxi to where you need to go, or, rent a jeep for the day (in advance of arriving).

Check out the Jolly Pirates ,they will take you snorkeling ,lunch ,all drinks ,alcohol and non included and an all around great time their excursion lasts from 9 am 1pm they are in Aruba at moomba beach.

Edited by bubbakirk43

Check out the Jolly Pirates ,they will take you snorkeling ,lunch ,all drinks ,alcohol and non included and an all around great time their excursion lasts from 9 am 1pm they are in Aruba at moombo beach.

I have heard great things about Jolly Pirates, but is this more of a "booze" cruise? lol While the 40 year olds would LOVE it, not sure about the 15 yo DD's:D:D

It's more than a booze cruise ,they have a rope swing they have water balloon fights against their other ship ,it's fun for everyone ,they will entertain and make sure everyone has a great time.

Edited by bubbakirk43

We actually were booked on that itinerary on the Breeze, in April...couldn't figure out what to do, so we changed to the Western itinerary on the Glory. Besides, we had just been to Aruba and Curacao in December with NCL. DePalm Island in Aruba was okay...they do have a small water park that kids would love!

We actually were booked on that itinerary on the Breeze, in April...couldn't figure out what to do, so we changed to the Western itinerary on the Glory. Besides, we had just been to Aruba and Curacao in December with NCL. DePalm Island in Aruba was okay...they do have a small water park that kids would love!

It just blows me away that we have been DYING to do this itinerary, and now have NO CLUE what to do.:confused::confused:

We were on this itinerary on the Breeze. We played it by ear at all the ports except for D.R. We did the Seavis tour. It was great. The guides were all great. We did not book through Carnival. But, we didn't have any issues.

We were on this itinerary on the Breeze. We played it by ear at all the ports except for D.R. We did the Seavis tour. It was great. The guides were all great. We did not book through Carnival. But, we didn't have any issues.

Did you book the speedboat tour, that goes to Samoa Island? If so, how was it? Did you love it?

In Curacao, we like to sightsee on foot, shop, grab a drink from one of the sidewalk cafes, etc. As long as everyone in your party is relatively fit, it is an easy walk from the ship to the downtown area where there are shops and restaurants. There is also the pontoon bridge which is a must-see. We were just in Curacao back in December and we did our sightseeing during the day and later on had dinner ashore. The buildings are all painted different colors, so there are great photo opportunities. After dark, these colorful buildings along the water are all lit up, providing yet another cool photo op. Two years ago when I was in Curacao we did go to a beach, but I can't remember the name. But it was easy to get to. If you walk across the pontoon bridge from the ship, you can grab a taxi to take you to this beach. It is not far from the downtown area. I will do a search online to find the name of the beach and report back.

Did you book the speedboat tour, that goes to Samoa Island? If so, how was it? Did you love it?

Yes, that is what we did. It was fun. They are very informative and fun. The beach on the island was just o.k. The lunch they served was good. The best part was on the way back. They stop the boat, and you get out and you are surrounded by starfish. You are able to touch and hold them.

In Curacao, we like to sightsee on foot, shop, grab a drink from one of the sidewalk cafes, etc. As long as everyone in your party is relatively fit, it is an easy walk from the ship to the downtown area where there are shops and restaurants. There is also the pontoon bridge which is a must-see. We were just in Curacao back in December and we did our sightseeing during the day and later on had dinner ashore. The buildings are all painted different colors, so there are great photo opportunities. After dark, these colorful buildings along the water are all lit up, providing yet another cool photo op. Two years ago when I was in Curacao we did go to a beach, but I can't remember the name. But it was easy to get to. If you walk across the pontoon bridge from the ship, you can grab a taxi to take you to this beach. It is not far from the downtown area. I will do a search online to find the name of the beach and report back.

Thank you!!!!! Sounds like Cabana Beach gets great reviews, along with Reflexions (previously Nikki's Beach) Looks like a dump from outside, but then one inside the gates, looks like heaven. Seaquarium Beach didn't get the greatest reviews. If we DO go to a beach, it will only be for a couple of hours, as we are not even getting there until 2.

Maybe jut skip the beach in Curacao all together. I am sure we'll get enough sun at the other 3 ports, and on the ship.

Thanks, again!!!!!:D

Yes, that is what we did. It was fun. They are very informative and fun. The beach on the island was just o.k. The lunch they served was good. The best part was on the way back. They stop the boat, and you get out and you are surrounded by starfish. You are able to touch and hold them.

Yes. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, and I think we are leaning towards this excursion. Thank you!!! Was the speedboat trip, scary? lol:D:D

We are doing this cruise in May - In the Dominican we are going to Dreams resort for the day. $60 all inclusive drinks and food

Thanks, IMSAILING!!!

We looked at this too, but unfortunately, the other couple we are travelling with, are, let's just say, FRUGAL:mad::mad:

lol.....

Either way, I know we'll have a great time!!!!!:D

Oh my.....Dominican Republic is now our favorite spot!!!! LOVE it. We booked privately and took speed boat to Sanoa Island!! I am a chicken and LOVED the ride....laughed the entire way. Sit in the back and ask for a life jacket to put against seat if you have any back problems!!! Beautiful, Beautiful!! Loved the star fish beds on the way back!!

Aruba --we did Palm Beach excursion and were guaranteed a spot...fun Expect cold water ...even in July!

Curacao---We went to Blue Lagoon Beach.....beautiful but problem with getting to the beach so late....NO chairs at all!!!! Again the water is cold! After the beach closed to tourists (it is sort of a community of homes and condos) we went to the old fort and ate at Anchor Waterfront Bar and Grill!! LOVED this place!! Watch boats come into the bridge area....beautiful!!! Also the owner is wonderful and very happy to stop and visit!!! Great drinks too!!

Grand Turk--you know about! :)

I LOVE these ports....we would love to go back!

Edited by momof4boys

We're going on this same itinerary in Apr. Our plans so far are:

Grand Turk - Jacks Shack (don't forget his free rum coupon)

La Romana - Saona Cruise Special (boat ride/sightseeing, snorkeling, lunch, etc)

Curacao - Irie Tours (only $25 pp - 4hr tour of the island)

Aruba - jeep rental to tour the island then bum it at the beach - Eagle Beach. You can also take a cab to MVC Eagle Beach and just hang out there.

Good luck!

We're going on this same itinerary in Apr. Our plans so far are:

Grand Turk - Jacks Shack (don't forget his free rum coupon)

La Romana - Saona Cruise Special (boat ride/sightseeing, snorkeling, lunch, etc)

Curacao - Irie Tours (only $25 pp - 4hr tour of the island)

Aruba - jeep rental to tour the island then bum it at the beach - Eagle Beach. You can also take a cab to MVC Eagle Beach and just hang out there.

Good luck!

Already have those coupons printed out....;);)

They are safely secured in my binder. lol

Yes, Dominican, I think we are going with Seavis to Samoa Island.

Aruba, at least from what I've read, Palm Beach is more the party beach, with lots to do. I've read to get dropped off near the Riu, and just walk on the beach there, as all of the beaches in Aruba are public.

Plenty of places to rent chairs, etc. Still researching this one......

Thank you for all of your suggestions. I hope you guys have a great cruise!!!!:D:D

Enjoy!!!!!

Thank you!!!!! Sounds like Cabana Beach gets great reviews, along with Reflexions (previously Nikki's Beach) Looks like a dump from outside, but then one inside the gates, looks like heaven. Seaquarium Beach didn't get the greatest reviews. If we DO go to a beach, it will only be for a couple of hours, as we are not even getting there until 2.

Maybe jut skip the beach in Curacao all together. I am sure we'll get enough sun at the other 3 ports, and on the ship.

Thanks, again!!!!!:D

Seaquarium Beach was okay. When we were there it was really crowded because it was a national holiday. But it was not boisterous or rowdy, it was just locals enjoying a quiet family picnic sort of thing. It was just hard to find a lounger that was not in use; eventually we did though.

Keep in mind that Reflections (Nikki Beach) is in Aruba. We have been there twice and like it a lot. They have great tasting bar food and will serve it to you at your lounge chair on the beach on real plates.

Edited by oncruisecontrol

Oh my.....Dominican Republic is now our favorite spot!!!! LOVE it. We booked privately and took speed boat to Sanoa Island!! I am a chicken and LOVED the ride....laughed the entire way. Sit in the back and ask for a life jacket to put against seat if you have any back problems!!! Beautiful, Beautiful!! Loved the star fish beds on the way back!!

Aruba --we did Palm Beach excursion and were guaranteed a spot...fun Expect cold water ...even in July!

Curacao---We went to Blue Lagoon Beach.....beautiful but problem with getting to the beach so late....NO chairs at all!!!! Again the water is cold! After the beach closed to tourists (it is sort of a community of homes and condos) we went to the old fort and ate at Anchor Waterfront Bar and Grill!! LOVED this place!! Watch boats come into the bridge area....beautiful!!! Also the owner is wonderful and very happy to stop and visit!!! Great drinks too!!

Grand Turk--you know about! :)

I LOVE these ports....we would love to go back!

Thank you!!!!:D:D

How in the WORLD, can the water be cold, in JULY? You are practically in South America?!?!?!?! lol

Hope it's a refreshing cold, and not a hard to get in "cold" lol

The water in Tortola was COLD. Although, we went in April, it was COLD.

Took me a half hour to get in up to my waist.:eek::eek::eek:

Get away from the cruise terminal and rent a Golf Cart from Nathan! We had a blast and the island is really tiny so we were able to drive all around in a couple of hours. No way to really get lost. Plenty of local shopping and eating. The lighthouse was beautiful and plenty of pictures to take. After we saw the island we had plenty of time for snorkeling on the beach before we had to leave this beautiful place.

Get away from the crowds! Enjoy!!:D

Get away from the cruise terminal and rent a Golf Cart from Nathan! We had a blast and the island is really tiny so we were able to drive all around in a couple of hours. No way to really get lost. Plenty of local shopping and eating. The lighthouse was beautiful and plenty of pictures to take. After we saw the island we had plenty of time for snorkeling on the beach before we had to leave this beautiful place.

Get away from the crowds! Enjoy!!:D

Thank you, but it's just not up our alley...

GA Pearl posted a bunch of pictures she did on their "tour", and quite honestly, It looked outright BORING to us....:o:o

We really are more the types to just "chill" on the beach, and relax.

But I have read great things about Nathans Golf Cart Rentals......:D

Seaquarium Beach was okay. When we were there it was really crowded because it was a national holiday. But it was not boisterous or rowdy, it was just locals enjoying a quiet family picnic sort of thing. It was just hard to find a lounger that was not in use; eventually we did though.

Keep in mind that Reflections (Nikki Beach) is in Aruba. We have been there twice and like it a lot. They have great tasting bar food and will serve it to you at your lounge chair on the beach on real plates.

Ahhhhhhhhhh....Thank you!!!!

Can you tell I have been researching ALL of them this morning?

Now they are running together.:D:D

Do you think Reflections is OK for the 15 year olds?

Looks like it turns into some wild night club, in the evening? Is it ok during the day?

Thanks, again!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh....Thank you!!!!

Can you tell I have been researching ALL of them this morning?

Now they are running together.:D:D

Do you think Reflections is OK for the 15 year olds?

Looks like it turns into some wild night club, in the evening? Is it ok during the day?

Thanks, again!!!!

The nightclub is not open during the day. I have been there twice, and both times it was not crowded and most of the patrons seemed to be cruisers. The beach is beautiful and the water is calm and beautiful as well. It is very relaxing and the food is very good and reasonably priced. There are no water toys or other activities, but there is a nice pool. So, if your teenagers are the type who like to sunbathe, swim, and relax at the beach and enjoy a nice lunch served to them on their lounge chair, then I'd say that they would enjoy it. Keep in mind that you don't have to spend all day at Reflections. We did a few hours there, and then went shopping afterwards at the downtown area near where the ship docks.

Another great thing about Reflections is that the owner's son will drive your party back to the port for free, you just tip him. Can't beat the service there.