Sunset Beach, Yesssssssss!

houchin

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at Sunset Beach Resort. We went there in November and had a blast! The food and drinks were great. We had so much fun on the paddleboats and the kayaks too. :) It's hard to believe that it's all inlcuded in the $20 entry fee. We were a little leery of the cheap price, but when we got there we were very pleased with our experience.:)

The cab ride from the dock at Mo'bay to Sunset was only $5 for our entire family of 4 last month. It's a special price and is not typical of the cab prices elsewhere in Mo'bay. We decided to look around town in the "hip strip" area and were charged $4 per person to get there. And then another $4 per person to get back to the ship. That was a total of $32 round trip and not worth it in my opinion. Next time, we'll just stay at Sunset Beach Resort all day and then go straight back to the dock with only $10 total cab fare. The shopping at the pier was just as good as anywhere else in Mo'bay. And you don't have to pay the exorbitant taxi fares to do it.;)

High school seniors would love this place since they could play volleyball, or play on the kayaks, or play with the paddleboats, or go snorkeling. And it's all included in the $20 entry fee!:) There are 3 beaches and 3 pools to choose from. They even had a pool table. One pool also had a volleyball net on it so you could play volleyball while swimming. This would be the perfect place to take a diverse group of people because there are so many activities to choose from. Everyone should be able to find something they like.

Ocho Rios is a good hour drive from Sunset Beach Resort depending on traffic conditions. It's just too far to drive in my opinion. I wouldn't want to use up my valuable port time stuck in a taxi for 2 or maybe 3 hours round trip, not to mention what it would cost to take a taxi all the way over to Sunset and then back.:eek:

The cab fare was $2.00 pp so we gave him $5.00 p couple, as for teens, they should have a good time there but I did see some girls on the beach sunning topless, you might want to take that into consideration.

Thanks for the input. I will have o see where the Mariner docks, but I believe she docks near Ocho Rios. If that is the case I think we will plan to go to Mahogany Beach. We thought about going to Breezes and getting a day pass but it would be almost $500 just for our family for the day. I just can't see spending that much for a few hours at a resort, but maybe I am wrong.

I appreciate the notice about the topless sunbathing. It seems to be everywhere! Friends of ours just went to the Ritz Carlton in Miami last month and they have a 'clothing optional' pool now. They are supposed to be the 'trend setter' nwo for other hotels to follow suit. What's up with that? I guess I'll have to second guess everywhere we go now and that's too bad.

Archived