Baby to Go on RC

weezlesgirl

Has anyone used the Baby to Go on RC? I saw that you can order diapers and baby food. It only seemed like they had Stage 2 foods listed. I was just wondering if they had Stage 1 foods also. I'm kind of irritated that I will have to pay extra for the baby food when my son's food should be included in his ticket price, but I guess there is nothing I can do about it.

Ships don't provide anything for babies.....just the way it is!

If your baby can eat table foods smashed and smushed, just do that....that way, you aren't paying extra! Stuff like bananas, oatmeal, mashed potatoes, applesauce, eggs, etc....are readily available.

They do the "Baby to Go" thing as a convenience so you don't have to pack all this stuff....it's simply not included in your fare!

Another option would be the baby food pouches (Target sells a few different brands as well as organic) if you don't want to pack the food. I don't think stage 1s would take up too much space but I've never had to pack it. How much do they charge for it anyway? I'm a stickler about price and mostly only buy things when they're on sale and with a coupon. You'd probably make out cheaper by buying the pouches and they might be easier to pack since they can lay flat and be stuffed in pockets. Then again at 7 months you can mash some foods like another poster suggested. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

There were some stage 1 foods in the Babies To Go package like carrots, bananas, apples and sweet potatoes. There were a few combos too. We didn't want to pack a ton of pouches so we brought some and ordered the small order of food from BTG. They ended up giving us the large package so we ended up taking 1/2 of it home with us!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

For our last cruise, we did a huge order from diapers.com that had some baby food pouches, snacks, sunscreen, diapers, wipes, etc and had it delivered to our hotel. We took it with us to the port, stuck a luggage tag on the box and it was delivered. Not sure how te BTG prices are, but this was a very easy and convenient way to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived