Best Western Plus French Quarter

sfristoe

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Plus French Quarter in New Orleans on Rampart recently? Reviews on Hotels dot com are mostly good. Is it walking distance to things like Jackson Square, Bourbon Street, etc.?

Thanks.

There are several BW hotels in New Orleans. If you go to bestwestern.com and search for NOLA - the top 3 are within blocks of Bourbon Street and the one on Rampart is closest. My wife works for BW ( not in Nola - here in Tx) so I'm pretty sure that is where we will stay, but I'm aggravated at how expensive the parking is. NO cruise packages the last I heard. WE may stay at BW-Landmark in Metarie - 7 miles from downtown and free parking for the length of the cruise. I like Best Westerns. Have a great cruise!

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Plus French Quarter in New Orleans on Rampart recently? Reviews on Hotels dot com are mostly good. Is it walking distance to things like Jackson Square, Bourbon Street, etc.?

Thanks.

I personally do not like this location to use as a pre-cruise base for sightseeing. The area on Rampart is not an area I personally would walk around(at night).

No problem. If you have other questions about New Orleans, don't hesitate to ask.

We will be in New Orleans the night before our cruise and need a good restaurant suggestion for dinner. Then we will have until around 3pm on Monday after our cruise to hang out. Any restaurant or activity suggestions?

I recently looked at the La Quinta and it seems okay. Is it in an adequate location?

Adequate for one night. Not too much around there.

Below are some great rearaurants not too far away.

Palace Cafe, Good, a little touristy

Galatoire Restaurant, One of my favorites

Emeril's, (Take a cab) outstanding

Commander's Palace, (Take a cab) outstanding

Hows the Drury Inn? We will be there two days pre-cruise and want to be able to walk to the French Quarters and restarunts at all hours is this a good location to do this from?

Hows the Drury Inn? We will be there two days pre-cruise and want to be able to walk to the French Quarters and restarunts at all hours is this a good location to do this from?

Drury Inn is right on Poydras Street. It is a pretty good location. Some my friend stayed there during Mardi Gras and they liked it. I understand they have a cruise package. I know it is very popular with people going on a cruise.

No problem. If you have other questions about New Orleans, don't hesitate to ask.

We are staying @ Drury Inn in August. Any idea if their parking garage that is under construction will be done by then??

Archived