Roberts Hawaii Excursion Questions/Comments

emuangel

My DH and I will be on the POA in March. We have booked excursions through Roberts Hawaii and just wanted to get others opinions of the excursions. BTW my DH and I are in our late 20s, we booked the excursions to see as much as we can. The excursions we booked are:

- Haleakala Crater Tour

- Volcanoes National Park & Rainbow Falls

- Journey to Waimea Canyon

- Island's Best Luau (Kauai)

- Pearl Harbor & Honolulu City

Thanks in advance

We used Roberts for our transportation (not excursions) and they were very professional and prompt. With that being said you may be better off renting a car (especially at volcano). A tour bus is really not the best way to see as much as you can. You waist a lot of time and have to follow a strict schedule. Cars end up being cheaper and we found all of our drives very easy.

You won't be disappointed with Roberts we've used them for 3 b2b cruises plus land excursions. They are very professional and knowledgeable, their drivers have been doing the same excursions for year so they know them inside out they also know how to get around detours and traffic jams.

Most importantly is that they will get you back to the ship in time absolutely no worries.

• 2 months later...

I did 2 tours with Roberts last week and honestly didn't care for them. They are prompt and get you back to the ship on time. My problem was with the drivers -- first day got a guy who was supposedly Hawaiian but tried to talk like Sean Connery. He was so ridiculous we are still imitating him. Second tour got a driver named Tito who was very sarcastic, opinionated and cynical. Obviously was bored to death with his job. I wish you better luck !

We did the Pearl Harbor and Honolulu City tour by Roberts..click on the link in my signature for my POA review and go to the end of the review (under "Disembarkation") to read my comments.

Roberts seems to have a very good reputation in Hawaii, and they're certainly a big operation. They were very responsive when my web browser locked up and I ended up double booking the tour..they processed a refund which came through just as they'd said it would.

Edited by VideoTech

We too booked a few tours through Robert's Hawaii for our cruise back in February, as well as transfers.

Of those on your list, we did Haleakala Crater Tour and Island's Best Luau.

We found Robert's Hawaii are professional and prompt. The tours were certainly worth good value. We are glad we went with them.

Have fun!! You'll enjoy cruising the Hawaiian Islands! :D