Official Pride 2007 March Crossing special events

Martita B.

TO: Dee and John: "Bienvenidas, Amigos!!" Welcome to our Seabourn family.....soooo happy you posted to let us know you have booked the

Pride March 2007 Cross! The 12 day voyage will be life changing! ("they" don't mention this in the brochure) As to Suite 100.....how in the world did you manage to secure our well kept, secret room???? This is THE best Suite on the ship!!! A mini-owner's suite! (I would have booked it, but 'alas I must stay midship on Crossings) Many small private parties have been planned.......if you would enjoy having a cocktail "affair" or a morning "social" please post here. These small parties are quite easy to host.....simply call the Maitre'D a day or so before your date.

MY Blackbird: NO, your "cruisin' life" will never be the same after the magical "Good Ship ***** Crossing!" 'Talk about "The Ship Of Fools????" ha ha ha (THE best Island in the World floats & moves.....it's THE PRIDE!)

Thule-ie, I can hardly wait to SEE your wardrobe!!!! Bring it all! We might even decide to have a 'lit styleshow one afternoon, during High Tea, up in the Constellation Lounge........I was in the Couture fashion business for many years (Frost Bros., San Antonio) and I would be happy to commentate the runway show! Our pianist could play melodies, such as: "A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody??"

I do know of a "Guest" that is thinking of hosting a "Silent Auction" in his Suite......ALL Proceeds will go directly into the Pride Crew Fund! Good and excellent idea??? I would be willing to secure "items" from The Bridge!Maybe even from the hospital! And from the Galley........hmmmm???? We could all bring an item to be auctioned!

Have a grrreat and safe weekend! And have some fun!

Martita

That Silent Auction idea sounds marvelous! Maybe items ADN services? I know what I'll bring for it...

Concerning attire - last night in my dreams I had an incredible brainstorm!

Will there be a western-themed or Texas-themed event?

Regarding a different theme - anyone know where I could get some Aladdin-styled shoes/slippers? The ones with the pointy-curled toes? I checked ebay and saw nothing...

Now - regarding a fashion show - hmmm... maybe an America's Worst Top Model contest? I could win that!

Sailor's......actually I have thought of having an afternoon styleshow up in the Constellation Lounge for years! But THE " runway show" would have a different small twist to it: "WHAT NOT TO WEAR ON A SEABOURN VOYAGE!" Can you image???? I would be willing to commentate the show and OH.....I just remembered, my good friend, MBT, from Delaware, will be aboard and she is a master pianist!!! I could invite (or force) a few "guest models" from the Officer manifest!! Carumba! Then some of the Guests could model......we could ask for a small "entrance love gift"......ALL proceeds go again, to the Crew Fund.

Please "jump in" with more ideas as to: "A Special Afternoon Styleshow Soiree, aboard the beautiful white Pride Castle"

Martita:D

I Love the NOT to wear aspect. I'm sure there are plenty of speedo's amongst some of the Scandinavians that should definitely not be worn by most of the mature men.:eek:

And I'll try to remember to bring my boa's, baubles, bangles, and beads...:cool:

Matt......EXCELLENT IDEA! What about having a contest?

'BREAK THE SEABOURN DRESS CODE CONTEST

(all proceeds will be kindly presented to THE Crew Fund)

Then present the styleshow up in the Constellation Lounge......or around the Sky Bar one warm afternoon around 3:00 (we could use the Constellation Lounge for the dressing room) Invite guests to model....and then ask a few "distinct/dissimilar" Officer's or Crew to take part as "Special surprise invited models."

A "Texas Fling Ding" could very well be added! NO LINE-DANCIN', however!

We real Texans don't believe in them!!! Too tacky!

I will look a'round for a pair of "pointy-curled" Aladdin shoes!!!

Martita

NO LINE-DANCIN', however!

We real Texans don't believe in them!!! Too tacky!

Really??? I had no idea! However, a little line-dance might come in handy for the first annual "Break the Seabourn Dress Code Contest".

.......after 2 large Pimm's cups and a shot of Underberg. ;)

Matt........ABSOLUTELY NO: LINE DANCIN', BUBBLE GUM or COONTAILS, FLYIN' FROM THE FLAG.....ON THE SEABOURN PRIDE CASTLE!!

OH Thule-ee, I found your "Aladdin shoes" on E-Bay.....scroll down and there is a MUST HAVE pair of brown ones. (you mispelled Aladdin....that's why you couldn't fine them! ha ha ha)

MB:p

This is Martita's friend from Delaware -- the pianist. I'd be glad to play for this Once in a Lifetime Style Show. Am I allowed to LAUGH while I'm playing for the models??? You can ask for Musical Requests and I'll think about playing them!! I promise to start practicing TODAY!

MBT

MBT - Hi!

Do you know David Rose' "The Stripper"

:eek: or "The Dance of the Hours" (Picture the hipppos and ostriches in Disney's "Fantasia")?

Martita - how about these shoes?

96_1_b.jpg.02af6686c812e7674b707d0304eca699.jpg

(would not be appropriate, however for formal, Tux evening's)
Exactly... ;)

What in the world are YOU up to????

- evil laugh.....:p You'll just have to wait and see... but I'll give you a script for the fashion show for this segment - evil laugh...:D

"Twinkle Toes Thule-ee"......Yes, please do write my commentation for your "outfit garb!" I' just hope I will be able to get thru' it without "crackin' totally UP!":D

Pride Crosser's.......any one else that would enjoy modeling, please post here!! (surely I won't need to "strong-arm" anyone)

The Commentator:rolleyes:

Sailor's, we know we shall enjoy special events, parties, dinner's, cocktail parties, a Pajama Morning Social, and perhaps a styleshow next March.

Captain Toenis T. will also host his "Hide and Seek Search" event. Perhaps he'll surprise us with another "secret game!" (we were surely surprised with a few Seabourn Exclusive Events last March! ha ha ha)

Please post your ideas!

Happy weekend,

Martita B.

O.K......here we go! Come on, Thule-ee, Blackbird, Matt, MBT.....and the other party planners. We only have 8 months to make the plans.

I usually work for 12 months of preparations, planning, ordering, arranging, etc., etc. for the big Pride Crossing Galas.......sooooo help me out here!

As to the styleshow: would you enjoy just a "runway show" or a contest?

Either is fine with me. Please vote.

We will have a PJ Morning Social, I have already committed to hosting again "The Annual Pisces Birthday party" This is for "the 'ole Crossers.....I think just for 12. We will enjoy many dinner and cocktail affairs.

Perhaps a "Texas Fling Ding" one evening......other special events also!

Ideas????

MB

Let's not do a contest -- just a runway show filled with laughter and picture-taking so we can show the folks back home how crazy we are. I learned "I Feel Pretty" this afternoon. That's ONE. Glad the piano didn't tell me I was "off topic!"

MBT

MBT, I agree, I think we should go ahead with the planned styleshow.

Either held in the Constellation Lounge or if it's sunny and warm, even around the Sky Bar.......perhaps about 3:00 pm?

OH, and we will have our "Silent Auction" benefitting the Crew Fund! This will be a most special event. Keep thinking as to auction items! I will "twist a few arms" up in the Bridge......Carumba! These "items" will go for a premium and the proceeds might even cover a big party for our Crew!

Happy Friday!

MB

Has there ever been some sort of Flamingo based soiree? It WOULD include lots of pink!!! Perhaps we could convert the Constellation Lounge in to THE FLAMING "O" BAR for an afternoon? Serve Rosé Champagne, Cosmos, Pink Ladies, or some new concotion with a little 151 on top, aflame?

Wait - what did I do with my pink boa - oh - nevermind :o .

Thule-ee, as to the pink gala.....I think perhaps the Pride Crew might be sick of pink! We all left ALL of our pink items behind in order for the Crew to have a pink "blow-out" in the Crew Bar. I received an e-mail from Stijn (Chief Purser)last week, saying that the Crew did indeed have the party! He promised to send pictures to me via a Port Agent.

But, as to our Crossing events, parties, etc., etc.....THE sky's the limit!

Of course the CD will be hosting Trivia (I don't play) putting contest, the sewing classes, bridge, wine tasting's, Cheffy will be hosting a "demo".......on & on. But, these are "ship's activites" and we can plan anything we'd enjoy as private parties or "affairs!"

We'll keep "our thinkin' caps on!"

Martita

Let's not do a contest -- just a runway show filled with laughter and picture-taking so we can show the folks back home how crazy we are.
Miss Martita, Event and Party Planner Extrodinaire! My vote is for the runway show on "How to Break The Seabourn Dress Code" Also, as your trainee assistant, I have an idea. How about having modeling categories like Swim & Marina Day Wear; Outdoor Loungingwear; and Eveningwear?

I am thinking about a couple of outfits already! However, don't expect too much as thulewx has me totally outclassed and eclipsed! :D If I do not meet Lunar Lady Sira on the Nov. Legend crossing, perhaps, Miss M, you could introduce us. I am a complete klutz and could use all tips and pointers on my "runway presentation!"

Let the planning and scheming begin White Castle Pride Crosssers!

Peachy, Oh we will have our "What Not To Wear On A Seabourn Ship" styleshow.......just not a contest. Your idea as to catagories is excellent!

I do not know who "Lunar Lady" is......I am waiting for her to post her initials. Then, I'll have an idea.

Have a fun, safe weekend!

MB

LUNAR LADY SIRA J HAS MANY DAYS ON SEABOURN.

I'M VERY DOWN TO EARTH AND WELL KNOWN LIKE THE GOD MOTHER OF THE PRIDE-SHIRLEY TEMPLE.

LADY J DOESN'T PLAY TRIVIA EITHER. I OFTEN RAN INTO MARTITA PLANNING AS I DECIDED WHAT TO DO FOR BRUNCH AT THE SKY BAR.

BOY WAS SOMEBODY WORRIED IF MARTITA AND I EVER MET, BUT THIS WILL BE OUR FOURTH TRIP MARTITA!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE CLUB MILESTONES RECIPIENTS!:)

CRUISE CRAZY ONE IS MY BEST FRIEND AND WAS THE ONLY ONE TO GET ME ON HER TRIVIA TEAM.

THE 3 AMIGOS - ROYAL NAVAL AMBASSADORS!

NO STRIPES, BUT WE DO OUR VERY BEST!

ON THE MARCH CROSSING, I WAS THE AMERICAN TOP MODEL WINNER .THANKS CAPTAIN !

SEEMS I RETIRED JUST IN TIME, BUT I'M GLAD IT WILL BE DONE WITH A TWIST IN 2007.

WHAT NOT TO WEAR ON SEABOURN IS WAY TOO EASY!:D

I WONDER IF THIS IS THE SAME MARY I SPOKE TO DURING THE CROSSING? IF YOU HAD A QUIETER DINNER AND LEFT FOR THE AIRPORT EARLY WITH ME - HI!\!

NOW THERE'S ONE LESS PIANO PIECE YOU'LL HAVE TO PLAY!

NOW I CAN MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE LIKE TYRA ON THE CASTLE!

I WOULD LOVE TO ENHANCE SELECTED MODELS MARTITA HAS IN MIND WITH ACCESSORIES IF ALLOWED TO DO SO.

ON THAT NOTE, I LOOK FORWARD TO OUR MEETING IN NOVEMBER!

I WISH CRUISE CRAZY ONE AND HUBBY WAS WITH US. THIS WAS ONE OF HER FAVORITE VOYAGES. I'M GLAD I COULD DO IT FOR HER!

I HOPE CAPT. GEIR-ARNE PUTS OUT MY ART WORK IN NOVEMBER.

SEE YOU SOON. ALL THE BEST!

LADY J

Hey Mr. "Boo"~~~

Golly, I have missed you and Ollie so much! When are 'yall going to sail with us?

Have you visited with Miss P.R. lately? I was deeply saddened to hear of her sweet, wonderful Father's death on Apr. 9th. Very unexpected. I have been in contact with P., as I know she is devastated. What a huge loss to their family. I am feeling her pain.

Let's make a Seabourn plan!!!

I send Texas huggggzzz's

MB

Archived