What to pack for Canada cruise in Sept

PhoneGoddess

This one is really for the ladies out there. Some of us tend to get cold easier than men do (I think that they have higher body temperatures?). Not that I am cold all the time, but I'm not sure if 70 degrees in the Atlantic on a ship or in Canada is very warm! :eek: I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what to pack . I want to pack as light as possible this trip. I'm hoping to get everything into a suitcase that I can just carry on.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We did the Canada cruise a few years ago, and I packed both ways.. shorts for the warm days off the ship, and lightweight pants for the ship. We did the whale watching cruise, and I bought a sweatshirt (I live in Florida( as the said it was 30 degrees cooler out on the water. Glad I did, as everyone else froze!

Hope this helps some

This one is really for the ladies out there. Some of us tend to get cold easier than men do (I think that they have higher body temperatures?). Not that I am cold all the time, but I'm not sure if 70 degrees in the Atlantic on a ship or in Canada is very warm! :eek: I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what to pack . I want to pack as light as possible this trip. I'm hoping to get everything into a suitcase that I can just carry on.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I think dress in layers. I don't know that you'll really be able to get everything into a carry-on, though, as fall clothes are bulkier that what you might get away with in summer!

I tend to pick out one/two "dominant" colors, like blue and green..and then everything to match that, or coordinate with it, so that I can mix and match tops with pants (I never wear skirts or dresses..even though I am a woman. :) ), sweaters with tops, scarves with tops (they work great to cover up particularly wrinkled clothes, or stained clothes! oops!). And I don't so much worry about having "just the right shoes" for every outfit -- I take a pair of comfortable walking shoes, a pair of rubber-soled shoes (like tennis shoes or sneakers or track shoes ..good on slippery decks), and a pair of terrycloth slippers that fold and scrunch up in a corner of the suitcase.

For a fall cruise to Alaska, I did this, and also took a jacket and a poncho. It rains a lot there..and might well in ports in Canada. I'll find out when I take MY cruise there this fall. The one thing I didn't take was a pair of gloves. Our hands got really cold out on the deck, looking at wildlife. I'll throw a pair in for this next trip, for sure.

Have a good time! I'm told Canada and the New England coast are really lovely in Fall. We're really looking forward to our trip!

Layered clothing. As a former New Englander, I've learned to expect any kind of weather in September. Bring at least a sweater and a fairly warm jacket. You may not need them, but it's better to have it and not need it, than it is to need it and not have it!

I live in New Brunswick. We have gorgeous weather during the fall ... you can expect beautiful days where shorts could be ok, but the evenings get very cool ... bring a fleece! Layers are the way to go.

Have a great cruise!! :)

You can excpect cool crisp mornings in September but it can get up to 70 as the day wears on. We are less apt to have fog in September. If it is raining it will certainly be cooler--around 60. However if there is a hurricane down south pushing the warm air north, it will be quite warm even if it is raining.

At sea you will be cold. It is cold at sea here even in July when it is in the 80's on land. If you plan on whale watching dress very warmly. You may not want to put on the heavy clothes on land but take them with you. Trust me on that!!!! I would even take a toque to wear on my head to whale watch in Sept.

The evenings will cool off quickly so layering is the way to go.

Basically in September you have to be prepared for both hot and cool weather. The lady who mentioned gloves may want them at sea but she will not need them on land. You might get some funny looks.

September is my favourite month here as we have lovely weather for outdoor activities without the humidity of summer.

Archived