Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Member Cruise Reviews > Cruise Reviews of the Week

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Reviews of the Week

Every week we'll choose member cruise reviews to feature and if we choose yours, we will send you some cool Cruise Critic logo stuff!

Share Your Cruise Stories -- Click Here To Write A Review and maybe you'll win!

Old April 25th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Administrator

Default Reviews of Week by Havinsnest CaribbeanBound, ttisdale, mscasdorph & Boris-n-Natasha!

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select five cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Carnival Sunshine Walking on Sunshine for Spring Break: March 9-16 by Havinsnest
Now that it's been weeks since we got home I finally have time to write a bit. This cruise was a Christmas gift to my daughters and grandson. No, I'm not rich. My dad left me a small inheritance last year and my sweet husband insisted I put some of it aside to "play" with as I saw fit. From the day our second daughter was born, 33 months after her older sister, I began dreaming of a Mom and Daughter Trip when they were grown. This trip was a tick mark off my Bucket List and it spent the last of my play money.Continue reading... Walking on Sunshine for Spring Break: March 9-16

Celebrity Equinox Celebrity Equinox and 6 Western Caribbean Ports - VERY Detailed Review by CaribbeanBound
Part I - Precruise A. Cruise Critic I admit it. I over-research every port and possible tour excursion. The good news is that our excursions at each port have almost always been worthwhile. We always start our search at Cruisecritic.com which is helpful in securing key information for all of our ports of call and getting to know some of our fellow travelers before the cruise. B. Choice of Route The cruise left from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and traveled to George Town, Grand Cayman; Cartagena, Colombia; Colon, Panama; Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; Belize City, Belize and Cozumel, Mexico. This was our first trip to Cartagena, Colon, and Puerto Limon and a return visit to the others. We love forts and looked forward to exploring a couple on this cruise. Continue reading... Celebrity Equinox and 6 Western Caribbean Ports - VERY Detailed Review

Sagitta Six Days Before The Mast by ttisdale
Twenty-four strangers sailed out of Sint Maarten on 23 March 2014. Six days later, 24 friends bade each other an emotional farewell on the same dock, promising to see each other again. The Caribbean is a magic place. Seeing it on a small three-masted schooner made it more magical. The crew of the Sagitta made it perfect.
I was never interested in taking a cruise on a floating city. The only other cruise I had been on was an Alaska Inside Passage cruise on the sternwheeler, Empress of the North, with about 320 other passengers. When my wife said she and her sister wanted to go on a cruise together, I told her I didn't want a megaliner. In her inimitable style, she said, "You in charge, Bubba." Continue reading... Six Days Before The Mast

Norwegian Dawn Outstanding Cruise! by mscasdorph
This was our first time on NCL (been on RCCL before) and we were extremely impressed. First, the value was excellent. I have cruised out of Port Canaveral before because it was an easy drive for us from South Carolina. When I compared the pricing of RCCL out of Port Canaveral to that of NCL out of Tampa, I could book the Deluxe Owners Suite significantly less than a suite on RCCL so decided to give NCL a chance, and I was very glad that I did! Our suite was 12502 and we would not have been happier. It was me, my wife, 16 year old daughter, and her friend for the week. Upon entering the cabin we were blown away with the amazing view. You can see the same view as the captain has from the bridge... the entire front of the ship and from the dining area you could look back down the left side of the ship. The room is floor to ceiling windows along the front and one side. Continue reading... Outstanding Cruise!

Carnival Fantasy Carnival Fantasy - March 2014 - a spring break cruise review by Boris-n-Natasha
Well, I have decided to write a review about our recent cruise on the Fantasy, this is our 2nd cruise on the Fantasy. First things first - about us, we are your average family of four (oldest is out on her own) So, we have dad, mom and a 15 yr. old son for this trip. So, let us begin with what we call .... Zero Day - this is the day we leave home headed to the port. We can be worry warts so we always leave the day before sailing and spend the night - this way we aren't stressed and are well rested for the vacay to start. We live outside of Knoxville TN, so the drive to Charleston is only about 6 hours or so. This trip we opted to stay in the Mt. Pleasant area just north of downtown. We stayed at the Best Western Mt. Pleasant and found it to be just what we needed - the room was clean and the staff friendly. Although we did not use the service, I understand if you stay here you can leave your car here for the duration of the cruise for free - they have a shuttle that will take you to the ship. Since I was in my new car, we opted for the indoor parking at the port. Continue reading... Carnival Fantasy - March 2014 - a spring break cruise review

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Last edited by Admin; April 25th, 2014 at 02:00 AM.

Ad Sponsored By