Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Cruise Critic News & Feature Articles Up-to-the minute News & Feature Articles from Cruise Critic

Old June 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Sr. Manager, Community
Cruise Critic

Post Missing Honeymooner Cruise Ship Case Unresolved

Cruise Critic has just posted the following news:

Missing Honeymooner Cruise Ship Case Unresolved

Read the entire news article...

Old June 10th, 2009, 12:51 PM
20,000+ Club

This is another one of life's mysteries.

Last edited by Cuizer2; June 10th, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

Old June 11th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

The guy was married. It's his widow's decision that should count, his parents should shut up.

Old June 11th, 2009, 02:17 PM
20,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspercy View Post
The guy was married. It's his widow's decision that should count, his parents should shut up.
That sounds a lot like what Simpson said to Goldman after the trial.

Old June 12th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Missing Honeymooner Cruise Ship Case Unresolved

I went to school with Jennifer and I feel really bad for her in a lot of ways over this whole thing. I can completely understand why she would want to just settle this and move on with her life. It's terrible that this happened and it's even worse that all it's become is who can get the most money over a tragedy. Money can never replace a person, I don't care how much money his family could have gotten it would never bring their son back. At this point I think everyone needs to just move on and let there be some closure.

Old June 13th, 2009, 06:14 AM
5,000+ Club

I do not understand why there was a settlement at all. It seems to me that she was part of the problem.

As a parent, I would want to know what happened to my child and I would never let it go.

Old June 13th, 2009, 09:05 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesout7981 View Post
I went to school with Jennifer and I feel really bad for her in a lot of ways over this whole thing. I can completely understand why she would want to just settle this and move on with her life. It's terrible that this happened and it's even worse that all it's become is who can get the most money over a tragedy. Money can never replace a person, I don't care how much money his family could have gotten it would never bring their son back. At this point I think everyone needs to just move on and let there be some closure.

I understand what the parents are doing. They want this opened so they can get more information. The money means nothing to them. And btw, if the amount was 1 million that is not very much. Perhaps she settled because if she fought for more it would look like she was after money.

That area is very windy. I know because I was on the Noordam last summer going to or from Kusadasi. I walked out on my balcony and came back in and shut the door as I was terrified of being blown over. I was in the most forward cabin but have seen nothing written on how windy the area is.

Jennifer moved to Boston, right?

Old July 5th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade13 View Post
I understand what the parents are doing. They want this opened so they can get more information. The money means nothing to them. And btw, if the amount was 1 million that is not very much. Perhaps she settled because if she fought for more it would look like she was after money.

That area is very windy. I know because I was on the Noordam last summer going to or from Kusadasi. I walked out on my balcony and came back in and shut the door as I was terrified of being blown over. I was in the most forward cabin but have seen nothing written on how windy the area is.

Jennifer moved to Boston, right?
Actually just because she settled does not mean that she would cause the case to be closed. A judge threw out the case, and made it so that a jury could not hear it. I believe it can be appealed . His family choose not to settle and can still press on if the choose to. I do think there is more to the story than any one of us can speculate on. At the core of it. Someone lost a son, a brother, and a husband. Regardless of her actions prior to his death (reports of her kicking him in the junk at a bar , and being found passed out during the time of his death) They were both drinking heavily, she admits to drinking absinthe smuggled on by the 3 men who were drinking with George and the last to techinically see him alive. This stuff is 90 proof btw. Co-incedently those same men were kicked off later in the week because of a possible rape . A 17 y.o i believe cried foul after having sex in the hot tub with both men. Who one of which left to get a video camera to film this with. They say it was consensual. I guess Rcl figured getting rid of them was easier , all considering. In both instances, drinking plays a large part. What was a 17 . y.o girl doing at 3 in the morning in a hot tub with two men? (ages 19 or 21 ) who knows. Stupid choices yes, and how easy it was for one to turn tragic. I personally believe that it was an accident. I have read countless articles and watched interviews. Yes his wife was a little shifty on t.v. I think this has more to do with what went down prior to everything and her actions. Perhaps she feels guilt , im sure. For having fought with him earlier in the night. We can all speculate till the cows come home. Every person grieves a different way. You dont know what you will do in that situation. And sorrow and anger have a way of tearing people apart. And i wont persume to know someone elses heart. THat is for them and god to figure out. Good day and above all. Be safe , be smart. Cruise ships have not protocol as of yet to report what goes on.Crimes are comitted and not reported as they are in foreign waters. And we sign away all rights when we accept our tickets. SO they end up getting away pretty untouched. Is asking to be safe after dumping all of our hard earned cash in to there coffers to much to ask? I am sailing on my first cruise this Nov. I have paid for 5 rooms for my family to join us, as we get married. I hate to think that i may be subjecting them to something like this. It seems more and more incidents are seeing the light of day. Sorry for the long posts.