Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!
1. 10/8/1988 RCIís Sovereign of the Seas, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
2. 3/29/1992 RCIís Monarch of the Seas, 7 Night Southern Caribbean
3. 10/31/1993 RCIís Majesty of the Seas, 7 Night Western Caribbean
4. 8/18/1997 RCIís Sovereign of the Seas, 4 Night Bahamas
5. 3/12/2005 RCIís Jewel of the Seas, 8 Night Eastern Caribbean
6. 2/5/2006 NCLís Pride of America, 7 Night Circle Hawaii
7. 10/22/2006 RCIís Radiance of the Seas, 6 Night Western Caribbean
8. 8/20/2007 RCIís Majesty of the Seas, 4 Night Bahamas
9. 2/25/08 Carnivalís Holiday, 5 Night W. Caribbean
10. 5/31/08 RCI's Explorer of the Seas, 5 Night Bermuda
11. 10/13/08 Carnival Fantasy, 5 Night Western Caribbean
12. 2/22/09 Carnival Valor, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
13. 11/15/09 Norwegian Spirit, 7 Night Western Caribbean
14. 6/5/10 Oasis of the Seas, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
15. 11/13/10 Carnival Triumph, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
16. 3/27/11 Adventure of the Seas, 7 Night Southern Caribbean
17. 2/18/12 Serenade of the Seas, 7 Night Southern Caribbean
18. 8/5/12 Allure of the Seas, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
19. 1/12/13 Navigator of the Seas, 7 Night Western Caribbean
19. 12/7/13 Norwegian Epic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
I think this just proves that this WON'T happen. Imagine the insurance cost? Besides, that blimp was UGLY. I wouldn't want to see blimps hovering above all the cruise ships in the future. That would just be a travesty.
And what would they do if a storm or high winds came through? Would they have to take it down, deflate it, and reflate it when the winds went away, every time? That would be a ridiculous waste of resources and money.
Blimp = worst cruise idea in a long time.
Carnival Inspiration from San Juan, PR; Southern Caribbean -- April 1998
Grand Princess from Port Everglades, FL; Western Caribbean -- April 2003
Adventure of the Seas from San Juan, PR; Southern Caribbean -- July 2008
Celebrity Millennium from Whittier, AK; Alaska Southbound -- June 2009
Ryndam from Tampa Bay, FL; Western Caribbean -- January 2010
Carnival Splendor from New York, NY; Bahamas -- May 2013
MSC Divina from Miami, FL; Western Caribbean -- October 2014
A food expert I'm not, but I do know when my hamburger on the buffett has been sitting in a tray of water to keep it warm. If I want to go on rides, Disneyland is a much better place to go than on a RCL Floating Shoe Box!