Hi there! Why haven't you registered yet?? You are missing out on our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY! Register Now!
1. 10/8/1988 RCIís Sovereign of the Seas, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
2. 3/29/1992 RCIís Monarch of the Seas, 7 Night Southern Caribbean
3. 10/31/1993 RCIís Majesty of the Seas, 7 Night Western Caribbean
4. 8/18/1997 RCIís Sovereign of the Seas, 4 Night Bahamas
5. 3/12/2005 RCIís Jewel of the Seas, 8 Night Eastern Caribbean
6. 2/5/2006 NCLís Pride of America, 7 Night Circle Hawaii
7. 10/22/2006 RCIís Radiance of the Seas, 6 Night Western Caribbean
8. 8/20/2007 RCIís Majesty of the Seas, 4 Night Bahamas
9. 2/25/08 Carnivalís Holiday, 5 Night W. Caribbean
10. 5/31/08 RCI's Explorer of the Seas, 5 Night Bermuda
11. 10/13/08 Carnival Fantasy, 5 Night Western Caribbean
12. 2/22/09 Carnival Valor, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
13. 11/15/09 Norwegian Spirit, 7 Night Western Caribbean
14. 6/5/10 Oasis of the Seas, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
15. 11/13/10 Carnival Triumph, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
16. 3/27/11 Adventure of the Seas, 7 Night Southern Caribbean
17. 2/18/12 Serenade of the Seas, 7 Night Southern Caribbean
18. 8/5/12 Allure of the Seas, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
19. 1/12/13 Navigator of the Seas, 7 Night Western Caribbean
19. 12/7/13 Norwegian Epic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
I think this just proves that this WON'T happen. Imagine the insurance cost? Besides, that blimp was UGLY. I wouldn't want to see blimps hovering above all the cruise ships in the future. That would just be a travesty.
And what would they do if a storm or high winds came through? Would they have to take it down, deflate it, and reflate it when the winds went away, every time? That would be a ridiculous waste of resources and money.
Blimp = worst cruise idea in a long time.
Carnival Inspiration from San Juan, PR; Southern Caribbean -- April 1998
Grand Princess from Port Everglades, FL; Western Caribbean -- April 2003
Adventure of the Seas from San Juan, PR; Southern Caribbean -- July 2008
Celebrity Millennium from Whittier, AK; Alaska Southbound -- June 2009
Ryndam from Tampa Bay, FL; Western Caribbean -- January 2010
Carnival Splendor from New York, NY; Bahamas -- May 2013
A food expert I'm not, but I do know when my hamburger on the buffett has been sitting in a tray of water to keep it warm. If I want to go on rides, Disneyland is a much better place to go than on a RCL Floating Shoe Box!