Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old June 13th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Laundry service on Solstice

We are going to take a 11 days cruise on Celebrity Solstice in August. Wondering how everybody is managing the whole family's laundry. Does Solstice have a clothes-in-a-bag kind of service? or per item charge? We try to pack light, but with the summer heat and walking everyday, not sure what is the best economical way of doing this. Thanks.

Old June 14th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Charter Member - 5,000+ Club

Celebrity usually runs a bag special once or twice a cruise, but otherwise it's a per piece charge.

You might want to ask your line-specific (and non-port-related) questions on the Celebrity board for the most up-to-date answers

CruiseOne

Old June 14th, 2009, 01:22 PM
5,000+ Club

We were on the 11 night Solstice cruise May 4-15th.

We did a "load" for each of us halfway thru the cruise. I believe it was right after Istanbul I turned it in...... didnt want to wait until the "sale" as it is much later in the cruise. We did alot ! I even had to ask for an extra bag (they are paper so won't stretch ) for my stuff. Spent about $ 35.00 on hubbys stuff and $ 35.00 on my stuff. But I managed to pack with one less suitcase than our first Med cruise so was worth it not to have to lug that suitcase all over the place. It just depends on your preference. I just factor in the cost as part of the "budget" as I refuse to "rinse stuff out in the sink" on vacation. The service itself was great..... everything came back perfect.

So far: 10 cruises - 5 Royal Caribbean, 3 Celebrity, 1 Princess & 1 Holland America

Life is short ..forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably... and never regret anything that made you smile