Pictorial Destiny Review June 15th Grand Turk and HMC

mom2girls

I began my trip with a night in Miami. I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel. I got this hotel through 1800hotel.com. The total price was $120.00. I believe that it was worth every penny. The hotel is beautiful and luxurious. And, of course it’s nice to be walking distance from the Bayfront Park.

Here is the view from my window:

Destiny001.jpg

I stayed on the 27th floor. When I registered I asked for a view of the port.

More pictures:

Destiny002.jpg

Destiny003.jpg

Destiny005.jpg

Ok, I think I may be almost done with the Interncontinental.

Destiny023.jpg

Destiny024.jpg

Destiny025.jpg

DestinyDay1004-1.jpg

I spent the afternoon/early evening at Bayfront Park. It was nice to listen to the live music they had. I shopped a little and had dinner. There are many restaurants to choose from. Some are: Bubba Gumps, Chili’s, Hard Rock, and Hooters.

I woke up bright and early because I was soooo excited about boarding the ship. When I looked out the window I saw there were 3 ships in port, and the Imagination was on her way in. The other ships were the NCL Sky and Majesty of the Seas.

DestinyDay1008.jpg

I was at the port by about 10:30. I have to say I was one of the first. Anyway, I got zone 2 which was the first zone after VIP. They started boarding around 11:45. I was eating my lunch by 12:00. When you board it's a pretty amazing sight when you get to the Lido deck and see the big screen!

DestinyDay1014.jpg

DestinyDay1017.jpg

DestinyDay1018.jpg

DestinyDay1019.jpg

DestinyDay1015.jpg

DestinyDay1016.jpg

After eating a wonderful lunch I hung out by the pool until we could go to our rooms.

I was lucky enough to get room 2335. This is a 1A room (I was cruisin solo). But, it has two picture windows. It's an L-shaped room, so it had plenty of space. Especially for one person.

DestinyDay1020.jpg

DestinyDay1021.jpg

DestinyDay1022.jpg

:D:D Oh, oh, oh, I am so excited!!!! :D:D

Keep up the pics - I'm loving it. Do tell me though, do I see Carnival staff handing out drinks?? Would that be some sort of 'special' DOD???

Can't wait for more!

Miriam

PS. Lovely hotel!

:D:D Oh, oh, oh, I am so excited!!!! :D:D

Keep up the pics - I'm loving it. Do tell me though, do I see Carnival staff handing out drinks?? Would that be some sort of 'special' DOD???

Can't wait for more!

Miriam

PS. Lovely hotel!

Yes, they're selling the "Funship Special". I don't remember what's in it, but they are pretty good! :)

Yes, they're selling the "Funship Special". I don't remember what's in it, but they are pretty good! :)

Darn, 'selling'. :rolleyes:

Oh heck, I'll be on a cruise and away from work!!! Got to have me one for sure. :)

Miriam

hey mom2girls....i am goin solo..stayin at hyatt regency the day b4 and i have cabin 2334!!! give all me all your solo tips..i have sailed solo but never stayed the night b4 some place...cant wait to hear more about the cruise too

hey mom2girls....i am goin solo..stayin at hyatt regency the day b4 and i have cabin 2334!!! give all me all your solo tips..i have sailed solo but never stayed the night b4 some place...cant wait to hear more about the cruise too

Actually, I booked the Intercontinental because I was traveling solo. I knew it was walking distance from the Bayfront Park, so I'd have something to do.

The Hyatt Regency is a wonderful hotel too. I stayed there last summer when I cruised with my girls. There are pictures of it in my Imagination review. The link to that is in my signature. You can take the metro to Bayfront Park from the Hyatt. I was fine doing that during the day, but I'd be nervous doing it at night.

Hey mom2girls, I know from reading your other reviews that you have been on the Imagination. In your opinion, which ship would you recommend for kids? We are thinking of doing either Imagination or Destiny. I am not sure if the Water works are better for kids, or if the Destiny will be OK.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, they have to make their money some way.:(

So true! :)

Just wondering if you travel solo often? I would be so nervous to do so but it would be quite relaxing too, I guess.

Can't wait for the rest of the review and the photos!

Miriam

Hey mom2girls, I know from reading your other reviews that you have been on the Imagination. In your opinion, which ship would you recommend for kids? We are thinking of doing either Imagination or Destiny. I am not sure if the Water works are better for kids, or if the Destiny will be OK.

Thanks!

There is plenty for the kids to do on Destiny. They do have the slide and the big screen. They played Wall-E a couple of times on the big screen. In my personal opinion I like the Imagination better, but that's just because of ship layout. Also, when you are laying out on the Imagination you can actually see the ocean. But, on the Destiny the bottom part of the railing is solid not slats, so you can't really see it. These are just minor things though. It wouldn't stop me from sailing the Destiny again.

So true! :)

Just wondering if you travel solo often? I would be so nervous to do so but it would be quite relaxing too, I guess.

Can't wait for the rest of the review and the photos!

Miriam

This was my first solo trip. And, I have to say it was VERY relaxing. I kind of went with the flow, and did what I wanted when I wanted. It was really nice.

Archived