Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Celebrity Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Celebrity Cruises
NEW! Find Your CELEBRITY Roll Call

Old July 8th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default New Captain's Club Benefits Have Arrived!!!

The new benefits are now listed on the Celebrity website. I am very pleased with the results! Can't wait to sail again and take advantage of the new program!

Old July 8th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

This is a great bonus,
The internet minutes will save me about $100 per cruise, it is good to know that Celebrity are continuing to be proactive in looking after their
repeat customers.
The bonus for us as well is that the membership is linked between X and Az,
Well done Celebrity.

Old July 8th, 2009, 04:28 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by swigso View Post
This is a great bonus,
The internet minutes will save me about $100 per cruise, it is good to know that Celebrity are continuing to be proactive in looking after their
repeat customers.
The bonus for us as well is that the membership is linked between X and Az,
Well done Celebrity.
I don't see a lot of differences other than the new lounge at Michaels Club and some laundry and internet perks. They do say they are going to roll out some new benefits however.

I do have one question relative to the 90 internet minutes and that has to do with the way it is presented on the web site and I quote...

"90 complimentary Internet minutes (can be applied to any Internet package of equal or greater value)"

The way I interpret this is you have to purchase a package of at least 90 minutes and you will then receive 180 minutes. IMHO, that is not a big deal...

Old July 8th, 2009, 04:39 AM
5,000+ Club

Well I think they look great
And all the statements that executives were talking about 25+ sailings are unfounded
Just shows, we all neeed to wait till we see the facts - there has to be something in these new perks for everyone

2014 - Summit on 21 Sept
2015 - Southampton - Barcelona 25 August and Christmas/NY in OZ Quest
2016 Cairns - Sydney (Quest)5 Jan; Miami-Nice 5 April and Rome-Dubai 7 Oct (Journey)

Old July 8th, 2009, 05:21 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjretired View Post
I do have one question relative to the 90 internet minutes and that has to do with the way it is presented on the web site and I quote...

"90 complimentary Internet minutes (can be applied to any Internet package of equal or greater value)"

The way I interpret this is you have to purchase a package of at least 90 minutes and you will then receive 180 minutes. IMHO, that is not a big deal...
That is the way I see it too. I had a look at the internet packages listed on the site and there is 75 minutes for $40 and 125 minute one for $60. I'm not sure if there is one on the ships for 90 minutes, but that would probably be for $50 and thus the $50 free internet minutes for the bonus 90 minutes that were rumoured.

To be honest I read them and wasn't as excited as I thought I'd be. Not a statement of disappointment because the ship and trip are the most important things to me, just an observation.

Phil

I just read the bit about more benefits coming soon so look forward to seeing those. Keeps the speculation going.

Last edited by excitedofharpenden; July 8th, 2009 at 05:26 AM.

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 8th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

I like the new laundry and pressing perks. We'll be able to pack lighter, and I always have to get my Tux Jacket and sport coat pressed since they just get too wrinkled in the suitcase.

The internet perk requires a purchase - BOGO.

I am surprised that the Cocktail Party before dinner for Elite is the same as the old Diamond on RCCL. They had to change because there were too many people, and made it for Diamond Plus - except on the ships with a Diamond Lounge.

We'll just have to wait and see if they will announce an Elite + Level.

Charlie
Celebrity Solstice B2B2B 2014/Celebrity Eclipse 2013/Celebrity Eclipse 2013/Celebrity Constellation 2013/Celebrity Millennium B2B 2012/Celebrity Constellation B2B 2012/Celebrity Constellation 2012/Celebrity Eclipse 2011/Celebrity Infinity B2B 2011/Celebrity Constellation 2011/Celebrity Mercury 2010/Viking Europe 2010/Constellation 2010/Grandeur of the Seas 2009/Jewel of the Seas B2B 2009/Azamara Journey 2009/Century 2009/Solstice 2008/Grandeur of the Seas 2008/Constellation 2008/Liberty of the Seas 2007/Summit 2007/Constellation 2007/Zenith 2006/Sun Princess 2006/Infinity 2005/Splendour of the Seas B2B 2005/Jewel of the Seas 2004/Summit 2004/Horizon 2003/Brilliance of the Seas 2003/Infinity 2002/Rhapsody of the Seas 2002/Zenith 2001/Splendour of the Seas 2000/Splendour of the Seas B2B 2000/Vision of the Seas 1999/Enchantment of the Seas 1999/Vision of the Seas 1998/Grandeur of the Seas 1998/Nieuw Amsterdam 1997/Splendour of the Seas 1997/Legend of the Seas 1996/Norway 1996/Majesty of the Seas 1995/Nordic Prince 1994/Nordic Prince 1991/Song of Norway 1988/Song of America 1985/Song of Norway 1985/Starward 1983/Queen Elizabeth II 1980/Starward 1980/Cunard Countess 1977/United States 1963/Queen Mary 1963

Upcoming Cruises:

Celebrity Infinity 13 OCT 14 b2b
Celebrity Infinity 27 OCT 14
Celebrity Eclipse 04 JAN 15
Celebrity Eclipse 21 APR 15
Celebrity Summit 30 AUG 15 b2b
Celebrity Summit 06 SEP 15
Celebrity Summit 16 JAN 16 b2b2b
Celebrity Summit 23 JAN 16
Celebrity Summit 30 JAN 16

Old July 8th, 2009, 07:43 AM
5,000+ Club

This is from the Celebrity web site.

Elite Member Benefits (*After 10 earned tier credits)

Existing Benefits
•Complimentary use of the Loyalty Desk member service center between cruises
•Complimentary access to the onboard Loyalty Host during your cruise
•A premium onboard discount booklet filled with special offers during each cruise
Complimentary custom air request when booking your cruise
Pre-sailing specialty restaurant reservations available before your cruise
•Annual member reunion cruises which include member events and dicounts
One category upgrade prior to sailing (when available
)•Complimentary online Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information
•Priority embarkation while boarding the ship
•Invitation to a complimentary wine seminar event
•Priority status on the shore excursion waitlist
•Invitation to the exclusive Senior Officer's Cockatil Party
•Access to the private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast during disembarkation•Priority tender service status
Priority waitlist status for dining room seating
•Invitation to attend the Elegant Tea Service event
Complimentary use of the Thalassotherapy Pool. (Celebrity Mercury only)
•Ability to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society Diamond Tier

Added Benefits (Available on All Celebrity Cruises EXCEPT Celebrity Xpedition)
•Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event
•Complimentary pressing of 2 garment items*
•One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing (**item counts may vary based on itinerary water usage restrictions)
•One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at a discounted price of $20 on all Celebrity cruises of 12 nights or longer
•Complimentary dry cleaning of 1 garment item
•90 complimentary Internet minutes (can be applied to any Internet package of equal or greater value)
•Access to the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club for daily coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (doesn't say anything about complimentary beverages here)
•Complimentary access to Persian Garden (port days only)

Basically, it's all about the laundry! (mostly )

Last edited by Char; July 8th, 2009 at 07:44 AM.

Old July 8th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Cool Cruiser

I think the jury is still out on this.

Why did they make the laundry so complex? one dry cleaning item per cruise. One free complimentary laundry bag limited depending on the water useage rules to 20 or 30 items. One regular laundry bag on 12 or more night cruises for $20.

I havent figured out if the internet is a good deal or not yet?

No mention of the "champagne" breakfast in the Club. Do beverages include champagne?

At night: Have A drink before dinner. hmmm, one drink per person?

As time goes on this will unfold.

Not that I am there yet but I wanted to see an Elite plus level, something to work up too.

Why should the couple with 50 crusies or 100 cruises get the same benefits as we do? We have less then 25 cruises.

I was looking forward to building my cruise numbers up to get to some super elite level. Now it does not matter.

Spence

Old July 8th, 2009, 07:50 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
•Access to the Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club for daily coffeehouse style breakfast and evening social hour (doesn't say anything about complimentary beverages here)
This from the spiel at the top of the Elite benefits page:

"This new lounge will offer a casual coffeehouse-style experience from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., with complimentary espressos, teas and other menu items, a variety of reading materials, and, on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox, wi-fi access. Every evening from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Captain's Club Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions can return to the Lounge to enjoy socializing with fellow members, participate in a wine tasting event, or simply relax and enjoy a quiet, complimentary drink before dinner."

Phil

Old July 8th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

I'm happy.

Old July 8th, 2009, 08:00 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:

The way it was done on our cruise, and it may not be that way now, was we were charged 90 minutes of internet time on our sea pass card. And later, the charges were zeroed out.

Old July 8th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

I was so looking forward to seeing a new Elite level added. What were the
teases that made so many "reliable sources" think there would be an Elite+ tier. We don't use the laundry thing, nor do we use internet. I am disappointed.
Horizon Feb/03-???
Grandeur Nov/01
Zenith Nov/03-Apr/04-Mar/05-B2B Dec/05-Feb/06-B2B Feb-March/07-April/07
Constellation Sept/04
Pride Sept/09-July/12-Dec/12
Mercury May/02-B2B Nov-Dec/09-Feb/10-Feb/11
Millenium Feb/05
Galaxy Oct/05
Summit Oct/06-Oct/10-Oct/12
Infinity Sept/11
Enchantment B2B April/12
Reflection Apr/13
Fascination B2B Sept/13
Eclipse Feb/14

Old July 8th, 2009, 08:06 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by excitedofharpenden View Post
This from the spiel at the top of the Elite benefits page:

"This new lounge will offer a casual coffeehouse-style experience from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., with complimentary espressos, teas and other menu items, a variety of reading materials, and, on Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox, wi-fi access. Every evening from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Captain's Club Elite members and their stateroom/suite companions can return to the Lounge to enjoy socializing with fellow members, participate in a wine tasting event, or simply relax and enjoy a quiet, complimentary drink before dinner."

Phil
I should have read the whole page! Thanks Phil!

I just noticed that there are a few added benefits for the other 2 levels, as well.

Old July 8th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Cool Cruiser

I'm certainly NOT complaining. These are added benefits that I greatly appreciate. I will definitely use each of these so I am very happy--especially the laundry and pressing. Thanks, X!

X Reflection 3/13 and 7/13
X Silhouette 10/11 and 5/12
X Eclipse 11/10
X Constellation 10/10 and 5/14
Majesty of the Seas 6/10
X Infinity 2/10 (28 days at sea)
Oasis of the Seas 11/09
X Equinox 11/09
Jewel of the Seas11/09
X Solstice Inaugural, 11/08 and 5/09
NCL Sky 8/08 and 8/09
X Galaxy 3/08 and 8/90
X Millennium 1/08, 11/11 and 1/14
X Century 3/07, 1/09, 2/09, 1/10 and 10/10
Carnival Inspiration 10/02
Small Ship –Europe, summer 1972

Old July 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerdrivecruiser View Post
Not that I am there yet but I wanted to see an Elite plus level, something to work up too.

Why should the couple with 50 crusies or 100 cruises get the same benefits as we do? We have less then 25 cruises.

I was looking forward to building my cruise numbers up to get to some super elite level. Now it does not matter.

Spence
I do not think any line has a super Elite level.

But with over 25 cruises on the line they do treat you very special.

Summitt out of San Juan - Just done

Here is the review - long and detailed on the Solstice from a previous trip. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...?EntryID=50154

31 cruises down - 21 to go....

1 year at sea......
A Modest Goal

Old July 8th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Cruise Critic Host & 10,000+ Club

Quote:
I don't see a lot of differences other than the new lounge at Michaels Club and some laundry and internet perks. They do say they are going to roll out some new benefits however.

Hi Don !

That's how I read it also. While any new perks are appreciated, this "buy something, and we will give you something" mindset frustrates me. I wish they wouldnt do that, especially to their best customers.

Old July 8th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Charter Member - 5,000+ Club

I wish they would just stop.. the "buy this" - "get this" mentality. No one likes forced purchases.

Cunard makes the free internet time very easy. 2 hrs, 4 hrs, 8 hrs depending upon loyalty level. You set up the package on one of their computers... say 4 hrs for $89 and then your onboard account is credited for $89.

Now that's free!

Old July 8th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Internet packages must be a big and crucial money-maker for Celebrity (read: huge mark-up). That's the only explanation I can come up with for the Buy One, Get One Free mentality. By comparison, Regent gives unlimited free internet beginning at its second lowest level.

Old July 8th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

Well, I must say I'm pretty pleased with the way it's turned out. In my opinion, it was long overdue and I'm pleasantly surprised that only 10 cruise credits will get you the extra perks.

I'm a little disappointed in the way it implies the internet credits have to be added to a purchased package (I believe there was already an internet-related coupon in the old Elite book). To me, a coupon to entice you to spend money on board is not really a reward. That being said, on a 7 day cruise, I probably wouldn't buy an internet package, but on a longer cruise, I might be tempted to buy one just to see what's happening at work (although I generally live to regret reading work e-mails while on vacation). In that case, the extra minutes would make me feel less rushed when finding out about who got promoted beyond their abilities, and who's in trouble for leaving rotting food in the lunch room fridge.

Old July 8th, 2009, 08:58 AM
5,000+ Club

Not as thrilled as I thought I would be, but I do like the laundry perks.

I will not buy an internet package on vacation. So I will have no use for that benefit.

As for the: •Exclusive Captain's Club Celebration event

Is this in place of the Captain's Club Party (or same thing). As I don't see Captain's Club Party listed among the Existing Benefits. In any case, than how is that new?

Oh and another thing...all those postings on Facebook, about it being new and blue and sushi, etc. I don't see anything in this that would relate to those postings.

Anne Maria

Last edited by CruisingChick; July 8th, 2009 at 08:59 AM.