QUESTION on Alcohol??? Can you bring it on board????

sillig

Carnival will allow you to bring wine or champagne in your carry-on for "special occassions".

Any other alcohol you want to bring should be put in your checked luggage. Wrap it in bubble wrap. There is always a chance they will find it and it will be removed but this rarely happens. Don't bother putting the alcohol into different bottles, there is no need to do this.

I had some beer and half a bottle of rum left over from our precruise night so I put them in my carryon along with the bottle of wine I had planned to bring. When the bag went through the security screener they took me aside and went through the carryon, removing the beer and rum but left the bottle of wine. They took all my information and I could pick it up on the dock at the end of the cruise. In all of the hurrying and retrieveal of luggage at the end of the cruise, I forgot it. I should have left it for the maid in the first place!!!

I called Carnival, yesterday and asked if I could carry wine and pay corkage fees. I was told that we are allowed one bottle only ... in the carry on.

Nothing was mentioned about putting it in checked luggage.

Of course they are not going to tell you to put it into your checked luggage. (thats against their rules as that is smuggling in stuff they dont want you to)

I've brought multiple bottles of wine in before with no questions. Several were in my checked luggage though. Really, just put liquor in your checked luggage and you shouldn't have any problems.

I went to all the trouble of putting vodka in a plastic cooler and never should have bothered. And, the plastic smelled of alcohol long afterwards.

Finally, you can purchase some liquor in plastic bottles, thus making them non-breakable in your checked luggage.

Beyond the nominal bottle of wine for a 'special occasion', carryon liquor is NOT allowed by official Carnival policy. I suspect nearly everyone, however, does it.

As noted elsewhere, just don't try to put it in your carry-on, and don't try to bring the whole liquor store. A bottle or two in your checked baggage, securely wrapped, will almost certainly make it to your room.

But, please note -- you're still breaking the rules, so some stickler cabin stewards will remove it if found for you to reclaim on debarkation. Most don't bother it. As the saying goes, "You pays your money, you takes your chances."

The best way I have found to get liquor onborad is to wrap the bottle in the swim diapers that the kids will be wearing in the pool, then wrap those in the jeans you'll be wearing to the dining room. Works every time!!!:D :cool:

And I assume you then stuff the jeans in your crock pot and hide it under the fishing tackle! ;)

how about if you buy soda in port? can you get it on the ship when you board?? it sure would make it easier than lugging it around during embarkation? if anyone has done this please let me know ( skagway, ketchikan and juneau ) will be my ports.

Of course they are not going to tell you to put it into your checked luggage. (thats against their rules as that is smuggling in stuff they dont want you to)

Damn....I thought they'd offer up this little infobit. :(

D A N.........shame on you ;)

how about if you buy soda in port? can you get it on the ship when you board?? it sure would make it easier than lugging it around during embarkation? if anyone has done this please let me know ( skagway, ketchikan and juneau ) will be my ports.

You can bring on a "reasonable" amount of non alcoholic beverages, you can carry this on... or pack it, either way. As to what is considered reasonable, depends on who you ask, LOL... but I would not recommend anyone bringing on cases of wine, they "allow" a bottle, some take on a few to several, but bringing on cases might be a little much... well, unless you work for the cruiseline and you are stocking the cellar, LOL :D It really depends on who you get and how good a mood they are in that day

Archived